House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

It Will All End In Tears For The First Kamikaze Chancellor In History

He could be honest and say "if we Remain or Brexit, I'll still add £100Bn+ a year to the national debt, and yet pretend this is the age of austerity".

No - he couldn't be honest.

Eh hem....

'First kamikaze chancellor'?

What a short memory the poltiico, press, and public have in Britain.

tractorstatsprofile.jpg

Except he wasn't kamikaze. He got to be kamikaze squadron leader after all.

I think as far as showing how not to run a campaign and how to treat your electorate like a bunch of idiots, they are actually managing to surpass their efforts in the Scottish referendum. Good stuff.

I think as far as showing how not to run a campaign and how to treat your electorate like a bunch of idiots, they are actually managing to surpass their efforts in the Scottish referendum. Good stuff.

In order to win the GE they needed to house the over 55s with erm financial incentives. At the cost of the well-being and future of following generations. Now only a year later they're begging for those following generations votes. And getting a bad reply.

In order to win the GE they needed to house the over 55s with erm financial incentives. At the cost of the well-being and future of following generations. Now only a year later they're begging for those following generations votes. And getting a bad reply.

Actually, with respect to the Brexit question, younger voters are more likely to be in favour of remain anyway. All the 'Remain' camp has to do is be careful not to spook them with silly attempts to woo over/scare the older vote, that are manifestly not to the benefit of the younger electors.

e.g. Promising ever higher house prices if Britain stays in (plus threatening price falls if Britain leaves) in an attempt to target older voters doesn't sound like an incentive to vote 'Remain' if you are trying to afford enough money to get into the housing market like younger people.

The few good things to have come out of this so far is a further awareness of just how full of lies the establishment politicians are, and just how much BBC 'News' is a tool of the establishment, amongst the public at large.

I think most people in Scotland sussed this out during the independence referendum campaign but now lots of English and Welsh voters are starting to catch on too.

The big difference with this referendum is that there is a small splinter of the establishment that supports 'Leave' (as opposed to unanimous opposition to Scottish Independence), hence there's just enough of a 'Leave' voice to highlight just how ridiculous the mainstream lies are.

The Remains hysterical scaremongering reminds me of the weapons of mass destruction time when Blair and his cronies were telling us we had 45 minutes to live, total ******

We can only hope that the leave voters hold the line and vote leave on the day.

If unrestrained immigration isn't stopped and our sovereignty reclaimed this country has no chance of survival in any recognisable form.

Edited by Errol

We can only hope that the leave voters hold the line and vote leave on the day.

If unrestrained immigration isn't stopped and our sovereignty reclaimed this country has no chance of survival in any recognisable form.

God alimight some Labour MPs shot/stabbed...EU ref campaigning suspended....

The UK is a powder keg

The 1%ers need to get their f**king house in order before it all goes horrible wrong.

I'd suggest getting programs about how great multi-millionaires/celebs are off the tele asap.

The Remains hysterical scaremongering reminds me of the weapons of mass destruction time when Blair and his cronies were telling us we had 45 minutes to live, total ******

ClFN56lXIAAlm1V.jpg

I sense this too. People are angry at being lied to in their own interests.

I sense this too. People are angry at being lied to in their own interests.

Will people bottle it tho ?

I hope not.

I think they will.

I suspect they will use the shooting of that MP to ram it down our throats how mad the BeExit lot are.

I hope they dont, that would be truly shameful

What's an MP shooting got to do with brexit? Surely if it has a hint of terrorism then it would have pro brexit implications?

Will people bottle it tho ?

I hope not.

I think they will.

I suspect they will use the shooting of that MP to ram it down our throats how mad the BeExit lot are.

I hope they dont, that would be truly shameful

It didnt take long

Man who shot & stabbed Jo Cox MP chanted 'Britain First' I worry that the Brexit campaign is giving oxygen to the forces of fascism & racism

What's an MP shooting got to do with brexit? Surely if it has a hint of terrorism then it would have pro brexit implications?

The man shouted Britain First ( allegedly ).

Man who shot & stabbed Jo Cox MP chanted 'Britain First' I worry that the Brexit campaign is giving oxygen to the forces of fascism & racism

The other side of the story is she stepped in to break up a fight and get the worst of it !!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

The State media will oh so subtly link this "Britain First" to Brexit in the minds of the sleepy public and run with it. Guaranteed.

I imagine Gidiot's 'bluff' is not a 'bluff' but a foreshadow of what's to come irregardless of the vote outcome.

We're broke. Nothing can change that.

However;

Brexit ain't no magic pill. It isn't going to make your debt disappear, isn't going to remove the rotten fundamentals we have laid out for ourselves the past few decades, won't stop the selloff of public assets to foreign interests, won't reduce benefit culture, won't bring back the cream skimmed off from North Sea oil and all the other once nationalised industries, won't reclaim vast swathes of land owned by 'un-named' companies and individuals operating from offshore assets, won't stop banksters robbing you blind, won't stop big corporations avoiding tax, won't stop UK politicians/companies/banks/industry from bankrupting & writing off your pensions, health care, education.

The only positive I can think of...which to be quite honest I'm not sure is actually applicable in this 'brexit'.. is if they remove the 'farming' subsidies (ie free money) from our bloody estates and big land owners.

Immigration is a red herring argument. Britain's own uncouth business community still operates near slave labour policy with illegal Africans, Indians, etc.. & your own white girls/boys in all major cities. What? Are we going to build a Donald Trump wall around the UK? Feckin stupid argument. We've got our own currency. We are an island nation. We have nukes & have huge influence all over the world owing to Pax-Britannia and historical colonisation. It wasn't an Arab who shot up the kids in Dunblane, wasn't a Polish boy massacring folk in Cumbria, and our own UK passport carrying IRA boys gave the nation a kicking for years.

Voting to leave will cause no shortage of problems to the common person. There is a 100% guarantee that your kids will not enjoy a good life from your NO decision, for the reasons above and more.

Do you really want to hand more power to Westminster?

Granted all politicians and Eurocrats are scumbags, but at least being part of Europe shares risk across a whole range of issues.

Autonomy is great for you and I. It is not for Westminster politicians currently operating with a 'shackle' and the limited transparency its been forced to accept by belonging to bigger organisation. Give them more power and we're going down the pan. Big style.

Edited by cashinmattress

Sky reporter has just said he'd heard from a third party at the hospital that the victim was 'a real mess' when she arrived at A&E.

Thoughtless insensitivity.