House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
southmartin

Eu Economics - Help Required

Can you guys (and girls) let me know what you think the worst economic excesses/failures of the Eu are

e.g.

1. Goldman Sachs cooking the books to let Greece in
  2. EU fraud and accounting (not signed off accounts for 20+ years? Is this true
  3. Deutsche Bank derivatives balance (potential for mega Lehman moment)
  4. Cameron paying the extra £1.7bn in 2015 after he said he wouldn't
  5. GDP > Debat ratios
  6. etc etc

Anything else that leaps to mind?

Can you guys (and girls) let me know what you think the worst economic excesses/failures of the Eu are

e.g.

5. GDP > Debat ratios
  6. etc etc

Where did all the bailout money go concerning ROI /Greece ,,German Banks were the recipients of the vast majority of that money the countries which received the so called bailout/aid saw no real benefits from it

Where did all the bailout money go concerning ROI /Greece ,,German Banks were the recipients of the vast majority of that money the countries which received the so called bailout/aid saw no real benefits from it

nice - good call

The Euro- that is the original sin from which there is no way back- hubris to be inevitabley followed by nemesis.

Edited by wonderpup

e.g.

5. GDP > Debat ratios
  6. etc etc

- the unelected make the decisions including financial and MEPs take a secondary role ...this is not democracy ...and yet Cameron keeps referring to it as a democracy.

- Cameron gained reassurances from Brussels etc for remaining in the EU ...yet nobody is clear what these are ...this is not democratic, lacks transparency and is intended to trick us..the gullible (ha..ha).

- the referendum is intended to be equal both sides and the 'remain camp' have been funded to the hilt by public money which has just been taken ( I didn't agree to it and I'm the taxpayer to whom they are accountable) ...this in itself is enough to declare a 'null and void' and set up a rerun.

...these are just a few quick thoughts that spring to mind ... there are many more.. :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

£9 million on leaflets

Bit hazy, but someone posted about an indirect euro bailout via Barclays £600 million - I think.

Brussels - Strasbourg shuffle (Brexit the movie - I think)

edit

Found this article from 2014 - it is worse than I thought!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10565686/The-farce-of-the-EU-travelling-circus.html

Edited by Sheeple Splinter

Possible EU army would be a colossal waste of money considering NATO exists.

...I don't recall voting for a European army ....it's the invisible admin men again ...no democracy ..no say ..led by the unelected administrators ...Cameron is trying to drive towards no democracy... just bogey men...what's the pull ....?...why are all the PMs and ex PMs desperate to remain .....you would think they had a Euro pension or something..... :rolleyes:

e.g.

• Goldman Sachs cooking the books to let Greece in
  • EU fraud and accounting (not signed off accounts for 20+ years? Is this true
  • Deutsche Bank derivatives balance (potential for mega Lehman moment)
  • Cameron paying the extra £1.7bn in 2015 after he said he wouldn't
  • GDP > Debat ratios
  • etc etc

The EU is a giant experiment in wealth redistribution, hence some countries being net contributors, and others being net receipients. This did work reasonably well up to & including EU15. While there was some movement of labour, there wasn't the levels of mass migration we see now. The accession of 7 EE countries in May'04 changed this entirely. This is where the experiment failed.

Excessively high levels of youth unemployement in southern Europe.

..and in the UK as the unemployed from these countries have headed to take the jobs in our market at low wage levels with the Government subsidising them through working tax credit / housing benefit / child benefit while the employers pocket the larger profits ...can you imagine this happening the other way....the young betrayed by their own Government ......remember..... :rolleyes:

Possible EU army would be a colossal waste of money considering NATO exists.

I think the idea would be withdrawing NATO forces (mostly Americans) from Europe and replacing them with Europeans.

America still has a shocking number of troops stationed in Germany.

So far as Britain is concerned the way it has relatively declined in the GDP per capita league since entry to the Common Market - despite the massive debt.

So far as Britain is concerned the way it has relatively declined in the GDP per capita league since entry to the Common Market - despite the massive debt.

great stat - thanks

yes, it's the 'per capita' bit that's the killer