House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

So What Happens After

Reviewing the referendum commentary on the Beeb today, I picked up a slight shift in the Labour comments.

The shift seems to be that Labour are now ever so slightly trying to put the potential blame for any referendum defeat on the Tories, while attempting to define their own policy after the referendum to win back the hearts and minds of their voters.

For leave this could be a good thing, as remain infighting begins to dominate in the last few days before the referendum, but it did make me think a bit about what the political landscape was going to look like after the vote (no matter which way it goes).

The conclusion I came to was an awful mess. What say you.

Very little will happen, either way. After a result, loads of negotiating will begin. I'm not sure I appreciate the ranting.

If we vote to leave:

Cameron resigns.

Osborn v. Boris contest for leadership.

Corbyn pretends nothing has happened and there is major infighting in the Labour party.

Farage makes surprise announcement that his job is done and that he has bought a Carpet-Cleaning franchise and is resigning from politics.

If we vote to remain

Cameron stays

Lots of tories tell cameron to go.

Cameron resigns.

Osnorn becomes PM. Boris is official thorn in Osborn's side.

Corbyn pretends nothing has happened and there is major infighting in the Labour party.

Farage makes surprise announcement "bugg*r this" and that he has bought a Carpet-Cleaning franchise and is resigning from politics.

If we vote to leave:

Cameron resigns.

Farage makes surprise announcement that his job is done and that he has bought a Carpet-Cleaning franchise and is resigning from politics.

If we vote to remain

Cameron stays

Cameron resigns.

Farage makes surprise announcement "bugg*r this" and that he has bought a Carpet-Cleaning franchise and is resigning from politics.

The one sure reason I've voted 'leave' - the end of Smarmy Cammy. :D

The one sure reason I've voted 'leave' - the end of Smarmy Cammy. :D

I think his position is untenable now whichever way the vote goes. He has too many enemies now in his own party.

He won't want the hassle of trying to hold his party together. He has already signalled his intention not to stand for a third term.

Hhe is probably planning his exit right now. The only decision is whether a remain vote will make it easier to live in Tuscany.

It feels to me like an election is inevitable. If Cameron wins then if enough brexiteers revolt then he has no working majority. If he loses then the opposition claim that the new leader has no mandate especially since if we leave there are going to be a lot of decisions that need to be made.

1. The sun still rises in the morning

2. Birds still sing in the trees

3. Rachel Riley is still the closest thing to God's perfect creation and will be fancied by 99.99% of all men in the world, including the gay ones, celibates, and victims of unfortunate eunuch creating accidents.

4. The UK officially exit the Eurovision Song contest after telling all the JF's who never vote for us regardless of how good our song is to get ******ed.

5. Sporadic recessions and wars and shit but no problem. See 3.

If we vote to leave:

Cameron resigns.

If we vote to remain

Cameron stays

Cameron resigns.

Pretty much spot on!

I can certainly see Nigel retiring from politics in the event of Brexit; his work done.

If we vote to leave:

Cameron resigns.

If we vote to remain

Cameron stays

Cameron resigns.

no, Cameron said today he is not going to lead the party in the next election, whatever the vote.

The Tory party will disintegrate in infighting.
The Labour party will disintegrate in infighting.
The hoi* polloi will descend into cannibalism within 3 days.

Fortunately British (Halleluiah!) Galactic Space Commander Tim Peake will have descended to Earth to walk amongst us, and will be called upon by the public for salvation and guidance.

Peake will be declared Grand Invincible All-Wise All-Knowing Panoptic* All-Seeing Omnipresent Cosmic Emperor. The Coronation will be very glittery and sparkly.

The Plan will be complete.

* I know, tautologies. Shuddup.

The Tory party will disintegrate in infighting.

The Labour party will disintegrate in infighting.

The hoi* polloi will descend into cannibalism within 3 days.

Fortunately British (Halleluiah!) Galactic Space Commander Tim Peake will have descended to Earth to walk amongst us, and will be called upon by the public for salvation and guidance.

Peake will be declared Grand Invincible All-Wise All-Knowing Panoptic* All-Seeing Omnipresent Cosmic Emperor. The Coronation will be very glittery and sparkly.

The Plan will be complete.

* I know, tautologies. Shuddup.

peak Peake

Pretty much spot on!

I can certainly see Nigel retiring from politics in the event of Brexit; his work done.

I don`t think he will ,there would still be plenty to fight for, at least until all the EU deals are done, i think he has major concerns that even if we win the Tories will do a deal that would include free movement

What the Establishment have all been telling us - major economic collapse, war, pensioners eating their worthless BTLs in the litter-strewn streets, much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Unless they've actually been lying to us.

I do too although it might take a few months to materialise.

All out Parliamentary war between Tory Brexiters and Tory Remain who are perceived to be dragging their heels by the Brexiteers.

Corbyn senses his chance and brings a vote of no confidence in the government bringing it down in the process.

Parties have to split and realign according to the new battle being waged on how to extricate from Europe, with Remainers still trying to not honour the plebiscite.

We could even see a merger between the Blairite and Cameron factions in the 'centre ground'.

Ken Livingstone runs as an independent using a 'list' of paper candidates and wins absolute power.

I don`t think he will ,there would still be plenty to fight for, at least until all the EU deals are done, i think he has major concerns that even if we win the Tories will do a deal that would include free movement

Yes, probably. It won't stop me (or Nigel) massively celebrating Brexit though.

It feels to me like an election is inevitable. If Cameron wins then if enough brexiteers revolt then he has no working majority. If he loses then the opposition claim that the new leader has no mandate especially since if we leave there are going to be a lot of decisions that need to be made.

Doesnt fixed terms prevent this, or are there clauses that may be initiated.

Regardless, the real wealth of a nation is in its people, its assets (factories, etc) That wont change. Perhaps a faux panic, but over soon enough. So long as English is the main language of UK, people will want to do business here due to ease.

Whichever way the referendum vote turns out there's mileage for him to stay on at least until the next general election. Especially if it's a Leave as the LibLabCon (esentially Bremain) would be totally discredited - an order of magnitude more discredited than now.

So long as English is the main language of UK, people will want to do business here due to ease.

Read a contract recently, the wording was apparently English but I didn't understand a word of it.

Rioting in streets between rival supporters. Army enforces curfew. Govement of National Unity formed by LibLabCon. Tony Blair declared president by acclaim. Rival political parties outlawed. Abdication of House of Windsor. Angela Merkel proclaimed new queen. House prices go up.