House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Microsoft Buying Linkedin

For a lot of money too. :wacko:

Soon you will be able to find out what your ex colleagues are having for breakfast. Also you can endorse them for skills they don't have. Maybe Tim Peake will leave you a message? :blink:

Soon you will be able to find out what your ex colleagues are having for breakfast. Also you can endorse them for skills they don't have. Maybe Tim Peake will leave you a message? :blink:

Since I called him out on being an alien who has replaced the real Tim Peake I have had no contact with him. Mind you, I had no contact with him before he was replaced by an alien so it is difficult to say what is going on.

I hope he is the real Tim Peake because if the UK blows up in the coming weeks it would be good to know that a bit of British spunk survives it all.

Well, him and all the British luvies in LA but they don't really have much to do with spunk do they?

LinkedIn has spammed me again, with a "do you know any of these people MrPin?" Well yes I knew them all, and I was at the funeral of one of them a few months back, so if I get a personal message from her, I will have to re-evaluate some of my beliefs. :blink:

I think Microsoft have bought "a crock of crap", which is not valuable marketing information.

LinkedIn has spammed me again, with a "do you know any of these people MrPin?" Well yes I knew them all, and I was at the funeral of one of them a few months back, so if I get a personal message from her, I will have to re-evaluate some of my beliefs. :blink:

I think Microsoft have bought "a crock of crap", which is not valuable marketing information.

You'll be able to congratulate her on her change-of-career anniversary in a few months time.

You'll be able to congratulate her on her change-of-career anniversary in a few months time.

I think it might be a dormant account now.

Whoever has sold LinkedIn is an absolute genius.

Goes next to the sale of "Friends Reunited" as a load of dosh for what?

I believe Mr Link.D.In may be having a quiet pint to celebrate. :wacko:

I regularly see people posting congrats under updates saying "Mr X is now looking for work"

Brilliant.

Brilliant.

Yes, it's nothing more than an on-line job centre, and like the real Job Centre, there aren't any jobs. :blink:

Although it was an obviously bad decision to buy Nokia I could at least understand why they did it.

But buying LinkedIn - WHY???

And why so much??? (Quadruple what they paid for Nokia)

Big cash reserves, stalled growth in main markets, investor pressure to keep growing?

Answer: buy overpriced rubbish.

Massive ego trip and bonuses all round for the execs, investors happy that "something" is happening.

When it all crashes and burns the execs can retire and collect their massive pensions as "sir" Fred did.

They used to say companies engaged in pointless mergers and takeovers when they are plain out of ideas and stagnating. Giving social networkings seems to be if anything declining, it seems an odd decision indeed.

Microsoft are stupid.

They sell 90% of the Operating systems in the World of Computing.

they could spend a million or so developing their own facebook, skype, whatever.

Simply load a version onto their OS.

Have a full feature product for a monthly fee.

simples....

They tried that with IE. Got sued.

No, they forced IE use in windows and refused to allow others valuable source code.

In the case of a new facility, they are creating competition and they wont try that IE move again...but if they can make a bigger better faster product, then they have no need to buy another, or force out competition through unfair practice.

Ironically I have just "joined" Microsoft/Hotmail's spambuster service where they report to you a message that might be junk and you click to say whether it is or isn't.

The first one selected was an email from LinkedIn.

I confirmed that it was junk.

They sell 90% of the Operating systems in the World of Computing.

Not any more. They may have 90% of the desktop market, but the desktop market is shrinking, and they're having to trick people into installing the latest version of Windows on their PC because so many don't want it.

I'm pretty sure more people bought Android devices last year than Windows PCs.

Microsoft bought Linkedin for 1 reason - they didn't want Salesforce owning it.

Having solved that problem they can now work out what to do with it....