House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

French Police Officer & Wife Killed In Hostage Drama

A French Police Officer has been stabbed to death near Paris in an attack reportedly linked to the Islamic State.

The officer was stabbed nine times in the abdomen at about 8.30pm local time outside his home.

Armed police stormed the building, in the Yvelines area near Versailles, shots were fired and at least two explosions were heard at the scene.

Inside, police found the body of a woman, believed to be the officer's wife, and a three-year-old boy believed to be their son.

The little boy was in shock but is now safe.

The alleged knifeman, reportedly a neighbour of the police officer, was also found dead.

Islamic State's Amaq news agency cited an unnamed source as saying that an "IS fighter" had carried out the attack.

"Source to Amaq agency: Islamic State fighter kills deputy chief of the police station in the city of Les Mureaux and his wife," Amaq said on its news website.

http://news.sky.com/story/1711521/policeman-and-wife-killed-in-hostage-drama

Witnesses reportedly told investigators that the man may have shouted "Allahu akbar" (God is greatest) as he stabbed the policeman.

Sources told AFP that the knifeman had also claimed allegiance to the extremist group while talking to hostage negotiators.

wow.

Imagine if this was 1938 and the killers of all the attacks this year were Nazis. Or 1958 and the killers were communists.

Can you imagine the press trying to spin away the source of the problem like they are right now?

Bbc just reported it. Maybe my anti bbc feelings are taking over but the presenters almost appeared forced into saying it.

Every thing like this - rightly or wrongly - moves the brexit vote more likely.

What's going to happen in the next 9 days that pushes undecided into voting remain ?

And what's going to do the opposite.

I honestly can't think of a single thing for the first - and plenty for the second.

Been think back to the Bosnian wars....maybe this is the future of Europe, the oppressed Islamist is actually a total freak show and has to be removed...

This time, there is no outsider to come interfere.

Been think back to the Bosnian wars....maybe this is the future of Europe, the oppressed Islamist is actually a total freak show and has to be removed...

This time, there is no outsider to come interfere.

Throughout European history Europe has had to forcibly kick out all Muslims.

India too found that it had to split into 3 countries partly because of Islamic violence.

I'm waiting for all the regular Gun Control brigade to 'hijack' this incident too for their agenda - and point out that as a police officer and, presumably, with one at home but also trained in their use him personally having a gun didn't stop the tragedy from happening.

wow.

Imagine if this was 1938 and the killers of all the attacks this year were Nazis. Or 1958 and the killers were communists.

Can you imagine the press trying to spin away the source of the problem like they are right now?

I know there was considerable support for the nazis in the 1930s in many countries, including Britain, because they were seen as an effective bulwark against communism. I'm not quite sure when that started to change - I'm guessing it was around about the time of Kristallnacht in 1938 when many Jews left Germany.

Things now seem to be in a similar mood to 1936/37 when people were still vigorously defending nazis. Now however they are vigorously excusing Islam in a desperate attempt to prop up multiculturalism and mass immigration. I wonder how much longer it can continue and what, if we have one, will be our Kristalnacht.

I know there was considerable support for the nazis in the 1930s in many countries, including Britain, because they were seen as an effective bulwark against communism. I'm not quite sure when that started to change - I'm guessing it was around about the time of Kristallnacht in 1938 when many Jews left Germany.

In the UK, if you regard the BUF as synonymous, really more like 1934-36. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Union_of_Fascists

Here's one for the leave, and on the BBC. Get it before the spin comes out....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36526158

Yes, but look at the BBC headline to that article:

European court backs UK curbs on child benefit rights

Reading the headline I assumed the story was the European Court backing the UK govt to cut child benefits. But the actual story is about curbing the rights of migrants to child benefits in the UK. So the headline should be:

European court backs UK curbs on migrant child benefit rights

It is a subtle difference but an important one I think.

The BBC are running the full story now but have filed it under the Europe section.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36530710

A truly terrible story, it appears the attacker was jailed for 3 years in 2013 for terrorist offences and was under a current Police wiretap

newspapers are running it, but a long way from the lead story (royal family and Russian football hooligans are far more important)

Not sure if I am getting a bit too paranoid ahead of the Brexit vote!

newspapers are running it, but a long way from the lead story (royal family and Russian football hooligans are far more important)

Not sure if I am getting a bit too paranoid ahead of the Brexit vote!

No your not alone most people commenting on news websites today are asking why this isn't the top story.

It should be especially in the wake of what happened in Orlando 2 days ago.