House Price Crash Forum
spyguy

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

Free movement for them is an irrelevance. Nobody speaks the language and they're cold places so there aren't people piling in.

It's a nightmare for the UK as all it's all one way; everybody wants to work here, they already speak the language and the benefits, both in work and out of work, are generous and open to all without having paid in.

Few Brits want to work abroad where English isn't the language when they can work in Australia, the US or Canada.

So the effect upon the average British worker from freedom of movement is that they have increased competition for jobs (hence lower wages) and for housing (and hence higher housing costs, longer to wait on social housing lists), longer waits for healthcare, harder to get into local schools.

Great for employers though. Pay less for more experienced staff.

There we have the vested interests of the stay campaign it`s all about lining one's pockets at the expense of Dave`s even harder working families who are now working longer for less ..they are circleing the plug hole Dave &co don`t give a shit as they can import plenty more to help pay for their public sector pensions

More pepole earning less to provide the same tax base , but the extract infrastructure cost are never factored in ..it`s a downward spiral

Free movement for them is an irrelevance. Nobody speaks the language and they're cold places so there aren't people piling in.

It's a nightmare for the UK as all it's all one way; everybody wants to work here, they already speak the language and the benefits, both in work and out of work, are generous and open to all without having paid in.

Few Brits want to work abroad where English isn't the language when they can work in Australia, the US or Canada.

So the effect upon the average British worker from freedom of movement is that they have increased competition for jobs (hence lower wages) and for housing (and hence higher housing costs, longer to wait on social housing lists), longer waits for healthcare, harder to get into local schools.

Great for employers though. Pay less for more experienced staff.

Norway has proportionately more EU migrants than the UK. All EU economies have competition for jobs. A Norway/Iceland deal that gives access to the single marhket would make no difference to EU migration into the UK. Any other deal would mean restricted acces to the single market, the UK will not be allowed to choose the bits it wants and dump the bits it does not. The Norway/Iceland deal is however the least damaging to the UK economy of all the options other than Remain.

There we have the vested interests of the stay campaign it`s all about lining one's pockets at the expense of Dave`s even harder working families who are now working longer for less ..they are circleing the plug hole Dave &co don`t give a shit as they can import plenty more to help pay for their public sector pensions

More pepole earning less to provide the same tax base , but the extract infrastructure cost are never factored in ..it`s a downward spiral

Indeed look at this! :lol:

_57919089_share_income464x332_zpsylwwwib

Norway has proportionately more EU migrants than the UK. All EU economies have competition for jobs. A Norway/Iceland deal that gives access to the single marhket would make no difference to EU migration into the UK. Any other deal would mean restricted acces to the single market, the UK will not be allowed to choose the bits it wants and dump the bits it does not. The Norway/Iceland deal is however the least damaging to the UK economy of all the options other than Remain.

You have a link or proof of what the UK will be allowed to do, i take it you obviously have proof of what it won`t get with a statement like that ?

stock-photo-a-business-man-looking-into-

I think the Swiss deal would be far better ... as you seem to know so much how did they broker different deals as you are so adamant the UK would have no choice but except whatever deal the EU offers

Edited by long time lurking

Nothing to do with Thatcher in 1979 then?

Irelivant ,you have one agenda and that's free movement ...that would not be biased in any way by the fact you live in Spain with a public sector pension and rent out your house in the UK to top it up

I`m alright Jack feck everyone else and the country that provides for you ....nice

Edited by long time lurking

Irelivant ,you have one agenda and that's free movement ...that would not be biased in any way by the fact you live in Spain with a public sector pension and rent out your house in the UK to top it up

I`m alright Jack feck everyone else and the country that provides for you ....nice

It's particularly short-sighted, as due to the 1969 Vienna Convention on Treaties, anyone who moved abroad while a treaty was legally in force, will have gained something called "Acquired rights" and can't be ejected from the host nation.

It's particularly short-sighted, as due to the 1969 Vienna Convention on Treaties, anyone who moved abroad while a treaty was legally in force, will have gained something called "Acquired rights" and can't be ejected from the host nation.

Yup but some people scare easily and believe every word the MSM print

But he does have a legitimate concern which is the Spanish have form on relieving foreigners of their homes even when the said foreigners are fellow EU members

That`s a very informative film ,i think it`s been pretty clear for a along time now that our politicians are only mouthpieces for the big industries

It`s interesting to see how much emphasis there is on free trade between the EU member states and the rest of the world, it seems to have been at the heart of the EU upon its inception and even to this day (well the day the film was made) it seems to be at the forefront, even encouraging countries from the rest of the world to trade freely with the EU , you could easily draw the conclusion that the UK would have no problem whatsoever keeping the current arrangements even if we left...me thinks Dave&co are telling porkies

Anyone who has any doubts about our ability to trade freely with the EU need to watch the film

Apparantly Gove now thinks the UK can be like Bosnia or Albania or Ukraine. You just could not make it up. Does Gove not understand that all those countries are on the path to EU membership and will become signed up to free movement not a country that will have just tlold the EU it no longer wants to be a member and no longer wants free movement. What a complete clown.

I live in France not Spain. I have a house in the UK as a safety net in case the Brexit nutters ever got their way, it makes me no money. My agenda is win/ win not lose/ lose as is yours. Read my posts on this forum. I want young people to have the opportunities my generation had. You want your generation to be confined to the UK and to have less than we had by allowing the 1% to steal your future and instead blaming older people for not letting the 1% steal theirs. Leaving the EU will be part of this process, a UK more vulnerable to multinationals and less democratic. You might have Westminster making more of your laws but those laws will be dictated by big business not people. The UK will become Googlland. You are being taken for mugs.

Edited by campervanman

We could always rejoin the EU down the line if we found it intolerable to manage our own affairs. So what's the worse that can happen?

The fact companies set up here despite us having a totally different currency to the rest of the EU, shows they are happy to locate here with risk. If the pound does get trashed maybe it would make us even more attractive and competitive!

A lot of the economic growth is warehouses/factories that just employ eastern europeans at the lowest wage possible, who live 5 to a room and claim tax credits/child benefits, plus send or save most of their cash to take back home with them.

Such companies are more than likely to have their tax affairs set up to pay as minimum as legally possible too.

I don't see how they benefit the UK other than make us look like a bigger economy. They are probably detrimental to the local communities and the infrastructure and provide no net gain to the economy or society as a whole.

I think leaving is worth a gamble. Staying is a gamble too, the Islamic EU utopia might not work out in the long run.

I live in France not Spain. I have a house in the UK as a safety net in case the Brexit nutters ever got their way, it makes me no money. My agenda is win/ win not lose/ lose as is yours. Read my posts on this forum. I want young people to have the opportunities my generation had. You want your generation to be confined to the UK and to have less than we had by allowing the 1% to steal your future and instead blaming older people for not letting the 1% steal theirs. Leaving the EU will be part of this process, a UK more vulnerable to multinationals and less democratic. You might have Westminster making more of your laws but those laws will be dictated by big business not people. The UK will become Googlland. You are being taken for mugs.

Do you honestly think people who wish to leave the EU have mental health problems?

Would you return to the UK if you needed some serious healthcare or some sort of civil unrest broke out on the continent due to the levels of migrants?

Do you honestly think people who wish to leave the EU have mental health problems?

Would you return to the UK if you needed some serious healthcare or some sort of civil unrest broke out on the continent due to the levels of migrants?

He is just another boomer looking after his own selfish interests. If he didn't live in France he'd be voting out

I think that those wishing to leave the EU are in denial about what the future outside the EU would be like. Whether that constitutes mental illness, I will leave that to you to decide.

I would return to the UK if life in the UK was better than where I am. There are all number of factors that could influence that but given that I currently enjoy better healthcare in France than I would in the UK and that refugees entering the EU last year made up 0.2% of the EU population, civil unrest in the EU is a figment of right wing extremists and right wing newspapers, neither of those things would feature. A combination of loss of rights to residency in the EU combined with a worthless pound probably would feature and could be a factor following any Brexit.

I think that those wishing to leave the EU are in denial about what the future outside the EU would be like. Whether that constitutes mental illness, I will leave that to you to decide.

I would return to the UK if life in the UK was better than where I am. There are all number of factors that could influence that but given that I currently enjoy better healthcare in France than I would in the UK and that refugees entering the EU last year made up 0.2% of the EU population, civil unrest in the EU is a figment of right wing extremists and right wing newspapers, neither of those things would feature. A combination of loss of rights to residency in the EU combined with a worthless pound probably would feature and could be a factor following any Brexit.

:rolleyes:

I never realised you were a comedian