House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I thought there was a war going on in Syria? You can't send them back to a war zone, a camp in Syria will only be a magnet for ISIS.

I thought those claiming asylum should doso it the first country they land in i never knew it was like flicking through the pages of a Thomas Cook brochure and choosing the most appealing destination

HOLA443
HOLA444

If the Greek get even more hungbout to dry - I think mass protests and riots will lead them to just sucking it up - leaving the EU , putting their army and navy on the shore - and simply sending any 'refugees' packing.

There is only so much the people of one country will take.

HOLA445

If the Greek get even more hungbout to dry - I think mass protests and riots will lead them to just sucking it up - leaving the EU , putting their army and navy on the shore - and simply sending any 'refugees' packing.

nah. They're EU's bitches. They had the chance, they swallowed c.ck.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Perhaps a repeat of the Spartans, throwing the weak off Mount Taygetus

HOLA448

I wonder why the EU does not take the UK stance over refugees & migrants. Ref/Mig. applications to live in EU countries controlled from the camps around Syria only. Migrants & refugees already on route without 'authorisation' would be returned to those camps or possibly first country of entry.

I thought there was a war going on in Syria? You can't send them back to a war zone, a camp in Syria will only be a magnet for ISIS.

Yes, I meant the UN camps in countries around Syria e.g. Lebanon.

I thought those claiming asylum should doso it the first country they land in i never knew it was like flicking through the pages of a Thomas Cook brochure and choosing the most appealing destination

That was the plan... it's now a 'fluid situation'. Sorry, can't find a link to a news report which followed a group refugees to Sweden and other refugees discussing their chosen countries to settle in.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Well sounds like we didn't even get the pathetic few demands in the draft agreement EU renegotiation...

Camoron is claiming it a brilliant succsess...

Beeb link.

sounds like it's unravelling already...

some wierd 'emergency brake' but we can only use it if agreed by the EU?!

some guff about red cards - that sounds like it'll be tied up in red tape and ineffective

not much else

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

^

An emergency brake that'll never be applied

- and there didn't seem to be any mention of how to deal with the situation when countries bordering on what some would call less savoury countries let in millions of non eu people who also want to live in the UK and claim to be refugees/asylum seekers despite them having other motives.

Basically it's a Cameron cave in.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Mr Tusk said the package was "a good basis for a compromise", adding that "there are still challenging negotiations ahead - nothing is agreed until everything is agreed".

Yeah right - keep voting.

So it's more of the usual. The UK people will be told one thing (it's a final package - the best that can be agreed) but in the background something completely different is happening - yet for sure it's the best that Cameron and his pals can achieve.

You can't trust them one inch.

Vote No - at the very least it's the best negotiating position.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Yeah right - keep voting.

So it's more of the usual. The UK people will be told one thing (it's a final package - the best that can be agreed) but in the background something completely different is happening - yet for sure it's the best that Cameron and his pals can achieve.

You can't trust them one inch.

Vote No - at the very least it's the best negotiating position.

You know Cameron is lying the moment his lips start to move.

There is an unholy rush to try to get a referendum this year because they all know the economy is toilet bound so they will probably have no chance of winning in 2017

HOLA4417

Brilliant success, lots of hard work still to be done but substantial changes ....

The brand new RED flag emergency brake that only needs 14 countries to agree with the UK for implementation and there will be some limit on child benefits for kids who do not live here .... eh .... that's it

Compelling, Mr Cameron, compelling. LOL.

HOLA4418

It's a draft final package and there are some details to be discussed according to Cameron. It's being portrayed as pretty much final and it's pretty much all they're going to get. The journalist waving the paper around like Chamberlain was a nice touch.

It's clearly being accepted by Cameron and his pals.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

They even tried to steam roller through votes for 16 year olds to vote in the referendum.

Dont remember the same amount of lobbying or racket for 16 year olds voting in domestic elections.

Every day they show a bit more leg.

Just my opinion but, most 16 yo's don't know what they wan't to do in life, should they be voting?

HOLA4421

Just read that support for EU membership is very high for younger demographic, particularly 16-24s. It seems to trend down with age, the pensioners are out friends for once.

What concerns me today is the future of our country given these attitudes, would they have us back in once the oldies are gone?

I must admit my experience of under 30's is generally pro mass immigration, hate Britain, love E.U, love X factor, no idea about how they are being shafted, politically naive...It actually concerns me greatly this is the future electorate.

I'm from Europe, I'm young and I DO NOT SUPPORT MASS IMMIGRATION, FREE HAND OUTS OR THE EU.

HOLA4422

Yeah but...are the 16 to 24 year olds actually going to vote?

I`m sure they`d rather be at home playing with there Walkman thingies.

Walkman? The walkman is at least a 15 year old redundant piece of tech.

Back in your days, how many shillings and half pennies did you spend on a gramophone, and what music did you and your friends listen to in the trenches?

HOLA4423

The biggest problems with the EU for me are:

The ridiculous red tape imposed on small businesses. VATMOSS is disgusting. Online sellers now have to have enterprise-level payment and database systems in order to deal with 81 different rates of VAT in what should be a single market. Even if they're below the UK VAT threshold. Despite a concerted lobbying campaign, our own authorities appear powerless (or unwilling) to modify the regulations now that the problems have become apparent.

The overcrowding, cost of living increases, and price inflation caused by having a continent's worth of jobseekers cram themselves inside the M25. These aren't benefit tourists. These are mobile, educated workers who face the same dilemma as UK workers who find that London is one of the only viable places to build a career. But as a language-handicapped native English speaker, I am significantly less mobile and at a distinct disadvantage.

So Cameron's changes miss the mark entirely for me. The benefits issue is his own fault, anyway. Why do UK citizens need their wages topped up with tax credits and housing benefit in the first place?!

I'm actually all for an EU superstate - but let's do it properly, with harmonized tax rates and benefits system, everyone in the Euro, and work towards a common language so we all have the same opportunities (Esperanto classes, anyone?). But as it is I'm leaning heavily towards a leave vote - I hope it'll give our 'establishment' a much-needed shake up. This 'renegotiation' is a pantomime that has done nothing to change my mind.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The way in which the Greeks are being hung out to dry is just shocking - again, it appears to be a decision taken by a core of German, Flemish and Luxembourgian EU politicians.

To me it appears that the Greeks have somehow been 'devaluated' from being Europeans and are being punished for not towing the EU line. That, in itself, is shocking. Is this what happens to European now if they do not go along with the great EU plans?

That and what the EU did to middle class European Savers with the bail in.

[short Summary: There are two types of Cypriots, Savers and Spenders. Savers put money away to send their kids to a good university like UCL. Spenders borrowed money from the bank to purchase flashy BMW's and go down limassol strip acting like they are rich, a daft thing to do since the bank own's 75% of the BMW. The Cypriot banks bought Greek bonds with high yields for the savers. The Cypriot banks would not be in trouble if the EU/Germany had not forgiven Greece debt, which was supposedly guaranteed to some degree. In the end, Cypriot banks collapsed and the EU/Germany ordered the Cypriot banks to turn the savers deposits into Cypriot bank shares, which a that point where junk thanks to the EU. Prudent savers were punished and reckless spenders were rewarded. Unprecedented.]

The Cypriot bail in episode was, for me at least, the day when the EU dream died.