House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

I'm tempted to say "so what?" - TCs are unsustainable and need to be stopped. Besides, Osborne has already revealed his hand by trying to curb/do away with them already - those votes are already lost

Taking a more pragmatic view though - you could phase it in - maybe by allowing a 2 year grace period after which you would have to have had 5 years of contributions/work history before being able to claim TCs. That would allow marginal cases to build up their history, whilst still stopping new migrant TC claims and the flow of new people looking for a subsidised, unproductive "lifestyle" job

The coalition shold have started bumping up the hors by 5% and reducing the payout by 5%, year in, year out, they would have been gone by now.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Just read that support for EU membership is very high for younger demographic, particularly 16-24s. It seems to trend down with age, the pensioners are out friends for once.

What concerns me today is the future of our country given these attitudes, would they have us back in once the oldies are gone?

I must admit my experience of under 30's is generally pro mass immigration, hate Britain, love E.U, love X factor, no idea about how they are being shafted, politically naive...It actually concerns me greatly this is the future electorate.

HOLA448

I just read an article about the events which veered unashamedly into the lovely venison main dish and accompaniments they are enjoying tonight. And arriving in Limos onto a red carpet with the paparazzi there. The whole thing just screams an out-of-touch far removed political class with their nose in the biggest trough the world's ever seen.

HOLA449

Just read that support for EU membership is very high for younger demographic, particularly 16-24s. It seems to trend down with age, the pensioners are out friends for once.

What concerns me today is the future of our country given these attitudes, would they have us back in once the oldies are gone?

I must admit my experience of under 30's is generally pro mass immigration, hate Britain, love E.U, love X factor, no idea about how they are being shafted, politically naive...It actually concerns me greatly this is the future electorate.

Fair enough then they'll be ******ed over. If they really want to follow this route then it is every many / family for themselves and be damned with the consequences. They will be the first generation to be totally disenfranshised and denied every given that their forebears were accustomed to.

HOLA4410

I think this is true for the Uni class of youth, just way to much PC shit in the higher education system now ,you see a totally different outlook from the young when you enter industry especially when it comes to immigration

HOLA4411

Says a lot about the education system production line. They are given opinions by their elders. Young, naive, easily influenced, ignorant - not unexpected.

The young truly have been shafted. They don't really appreciate it.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Will Gordo get called up again to terrorise the electorate as he did in Scotland?

Come to think of it, it's not hard to imagine Brown, Blair, Major and Cameron all campaigning on the same platform.

A Grand Coalition of Traitors and Quislings.

no problem with that, as long as it's a platform with trapdoors and nooses

HOLA4415
A cynical cover-up on migrants: Whitehall won't reveal number of EU workers in UK as it is 'unhelpful' to Cameron's Brussels negotiations

The true scale of mass migration has been covered up to try to keep Britain in Europe, it was claimed last night. Officials have given out 1.9million national insurance numbers to EU citizens in four years – while logging only 751,000 arrivals. The huge gap between the two figures means many more migrants might be living here than thought.

2F787F7100000578-0-The_huge_gap_between_

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Government accused of cover-up as data suggests million EU migrants unaccounted for in Britain HMRC fails to release data which could show true number of EU migrants coming to Britain because it would be 'unhelpful' to renegotiation.

David Cameron has been accused of a "migration cover-up" after it emerged that more than a million migrants who have come to the UK in recent years are unaccounted for. Ministers have failed to release data which experts believe could show the true number of EU migrants coming to the UK, claiming that it would be “unhelpful” to Mr Cameron’s current renegotiation with Brussels ahead of the in-out referendum.

HOLA4418

Yeah but...are the 16 to 24 year olds actually going to vote?

I`m sure they`d rather be at home playing with there Walkman thingies.

Talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas......mass immigration is about providing temporary funds for boomer's Ponzied retirement benefits and propping up asset values most notably property. What's going on boomers voting out, kids voting in and having employment competition to boot !!!

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4419

Government accused of cover-up as data suggests million EU migrants unaccounted for in Britain

HMRC fails to release data which could show true number of EU migrants coming to Britain because it would be 'unhelpful' to renegotiation.

David Cameron has been accused of a "migration cover-up" after it emerged that more than a million migrants who have come to the UK in recent years are unaccounted for. Ministers have failed to release data which experts believe could show the true number of EU migrants coming to the UK, claiming that it would be “unhelpful” to Mr Cameron’s current renegotiation with Brussels ahead of the in-out referendum.

Not in the remit of HMRC to support the conservatives is it?

HOLA4420

From The wail story

Officials have given out 1.9million national insurance numbers to EU citizens in four years – while logging only 751,000 arrivals.

Are you technically still a migrant once you have a NI number?

What do you need an NI number for? To claim benefits, pay tax?

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA4421

Talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas......mass immigration is about providing temporary funds for boomer's Ponzied retirement benefits and propping up asset values most notably property. What's going on boomers voting out, kids voting in and having employment competition to boot !!!

Yep. I've never really understood the position of the "left" and "right" on immigration. On the surface, the left appears more pro immigration whilst the right are most vocally against - which is in fact in direct contradiction with how the benefits (and pain) play out. Immigration drives down wages, increases competition for resources at the lower end and has profound effects (+ve or -ve, I'm not judging) on the communities of the less well off. All of these things either benefit or do not concern the rich.

And you are also correct to compare immigration to a Ponzi scheme - allowing more in now to cover the costs of the retired simply means that we'll have more retired people in the future, requiring even more immigration.

HOLA4422

From The wail story

Officials have given out 1.9million national insurance numbers to EU citizens in four years – while logging only 751,000 arrivals.

Are you technically still a migrant once you have a NI number?

What do you need an NI number for? To claim benefits, pay tax?

If it's benefits, I doubt the politicians will mind too much since much of it will rebound into their laps via BTL. However useless the migrants endeavours, part time scrap dealer, Big Issue vendor, busker I guess it all leads to the nonsense economy we now have.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4423
Pathway for deal found - Cameron

David Cameron has said there is a "a pathway to a deal" on new terms for Britain's membership of the EU after talks with other leaders. The prime minister set out his reform demands, which include controversial plans to curb access to benefits for migrants, at a dinner in Brussels. He said "good progress" has been made but it would be "hard work" to get a deal by his February deadline.

David Cameron spoke of "good progress" and "a pathway to a deal" - but for the moment there is deadlock.

I am not sure what is he saying. Other EU leaders told him NO.

Edited by rollover

HOLA4424

It's all about coalfaces dear boy! Unless you're at the coalface of an issue you're not that bothered by it. If you're a 17 year old living at your mums rent free, you're not going to be overly concerned about mass immigration pushing up rents & lowering wages. Ditto if you're a retired boomer, in fact you probably enjoy the asset inflation.

However, what's happening now, is more & more people are being exposed to the coalface of mass immigration. That pro single Mum who gets her rent paid and tax credits each week whatever the level of immigration, now finds immigration so high, she can't get her kid into the local school. Those boomers I mentioned earlier? They can queue behind that Romanian, who's paid nowt into the system, at the Doctors surgery thankyou very much.

I'm betting on Brexit.

HOLA4425