House Price Crash Forum

No Interest Rate Rise Until 2020: Yippee!

HOLA441
HOLA442

Funny how Bremainers have nothing good to say about the EU, they only have scare stories about leaving it.

We have both. The UK has a hugely advantageous position while in. And will be royally ufcked if we leave

HOLA443

If we get ripped out the currency will collapse, so IRs might be raised to defend it - but at the same time, the general economy will collapse, so IRs might be pushed well-negative in an effort to get people spending, since the cost of everything is going to skyrocket.

Either way, if the treasonous separatists get their way, we're in for some hell.

Bring on hell! Are you ready to burn? :P

HOLA444

Funny how Bremainers have nothing good to say about the EU, they only have scare stories about leaving it.

A bit of that on both sides, I think. Although far more fear from remain. I do wish the Brexit would say that in the short term things could indeed be worst, but no-one wants to admit the difficulties we could have throughout the change. The biggest thing getting on my tits from remain is saying that if we leave we will have a recession. No doubt, but we are likely to have a recession if we stay as well (and a HPC whatever we vote), you know these things tend to happen every 7 years or so! :rolleyes:

HOLA445

If we get ripped out the currency will collapse, so IRs might be raised to defend it - but at the same time, the general economy will collapse, so IRs might be pushed well-negative in an effort to get people spending, since the cost of everything is going to skyrocket.

Either way, if the treasonous separatists get their way, we're in for some hell.

Was kind of teetering to vote remain until I read those words treasonous separatists which really chimed with me, they describe me so accurately I'll most likely now #voteleave. Cheers :D

HOLA446

A bit of that on both sides, I think. Although far more fear from remain. I do wish the Brexit would say that in the short term things could indeed be worst, but no-one wants to admit the difficulties we could have throughout the change. The biggest thing getting on my tits from remain is saying that if we leave we will have a recession. No doubt, but we are likely to have a recession if we stay as well (and a HPC whatever we vote), you know these things tend to happen every 7 years or so! :rolleyes:

I'm a Remainer - but am happy to admit we'll face a recession either way. And an HPC (mind you, I've been saying that for 15 years). But attracting investment and rebuilding confidence - all those coming out of recession features - will be a damned sight harder if we're outside the EU. Or worse, as is likely, the terms of our being booted out are still "under negotiation".

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

So you are voting to be effectively ruled by a group of unelected officials in Brussels over whom we have virtually no control?

Instead vote Leave to be ruled by a group of unelected officials in Whitehall over whom we have virtually no control?

HOLA4410

So you are voting to be effectively ruled by a group of unelected officials in Brussels over whom we have virtually no control?

but....but....but, it's hugely advantageous to let them rule over us. I heard that uncontrolled mass immigration is a net benefit to our country, so just imagine - it'll be EVEN BETTER when the Turks, Albanians, Bosnians and Macedonians can gain free access to UK benefits as top-ups to their low paid jobs contribute massively to the UK economy.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Instead vote Leave to be ruled by a group of unelected officials in Whitehall over whom we have virtually no control?

Yes, but at least they are OUR officials and OUR idiots. Not foreign ones.

And if we revolt they will have no excuses. They will be solely responsible.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Peers of the realm? Quangos? This country is ground zero for unelected jobsworth mandarins producing precious little for quite a lot.

Will all the Eurosceptic MEPs stop claiming expenses if Brexit wins.

The fact that this exists (and all countries, at all stages of development, have undemocratic officialdom geared around taking power and money from anyone not in the club) is no reason to blindly accept more of it. Surely you are aware how foolish that line of reasoning is?

Second point, seems unlikely that Eurosceptic MEPs will have a job to go to if we Brexit.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Gidiot and Alistair Darling promise a 'punishment budget' in the event of Brexit!

LibLabCon: in it together.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/14/osborne-predicts-30bn-hole-in-public-finance-if-uk-votes-to-leave-eu

George Osborne will warn that he would have to fill the £30bn black hole in public finances triggered by a vote to leave the European Union by hiking income tax, alcohol and petrol duties and making massive cuts to the NHS, schools and defence.

In a sign of the panic gripping the remain campaign, the chancellor plans to say that the hit to the economy will be so large that he will have little choice but to tear apart Conservative manifesto promises in an emergency budget delivered within weeks of an out vote.

“Far from freeing up money to spend on public services as the leave campaign would like you to believe, quitting the EU would mean less money,” Osborne will say. “Billions less. It’s a lose-lose situation for British families and we shouldn’t risk it.”

The chancellor will spell out his concerns at an event where he will be joined by his predecessor, Alistair Darling. The Labour politician will say he is more worried now than he was during the 2008 financial crisis, arguing that a Brexit vote will result in not just one emergency budget but “one after another”.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

We really are the boiled frogs, living in a corporate fascist state governed by threat and intimidation.

At least Hitler and Stalin controlled the populace by making them fearful of what other states would do to them... our leaders simply threaten us with what THEY will do to us if we're not obedient.