House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

man o' the year

Samsung S7 Slow Motion Video

To be honest I am having lots of teething problems with new phone. Firstly most of the camera modes were missing. Only a factory reset solved this but then the reboot and setup were in German. Fortunately this was not too much off a problem. Today did first test and when imported slow motion video back to it replays at normal speed on my PC.

Anyone know an easy way to replay at slower frame rate. I don't mean going into VLC or any other media player and slowing down by the way. Just a consistent way of replaying as it shows on the phone but on a pc.

Both slow motion and full 4k video look stunning on the phone by the way. Just need to find ways to watch the way I want to now.

Early adopters.. (grins)

I'm guessing that it always records at normal speed and "slow motion" is a playback feature which only works on the phone. But that's just a guess. Is there some sort of "cast to >" feature that enables you to play it on the phone and render it on the PC or the TV?

Failing that Windows Movie Maker (or whatever it is called these days) will probably allow you to fine-tune the playback speed and then save it out to a file with that preserved. I know it's not what you asked but it might be an option.

If you'd bought an Apple iPhone you'd be introduced to the curious phenomenon of video and photo taken in one perspective curiously flipping round 90 degrees when you import it to a PC ;)

Early adopters.. (grins)

I'm guessing that it always records at normal speed and "slow motion" is a playback feature which only works on the phone. But that's just a guess. Is there some sort of "cast to >" feature that enables you to play it on the phone and render it on the PC or the TV?

Failing that Windows Movie Maker (or whatever it is called these days) will probably allow you to fine-tune the playback speed and then save it out to a file with that preserved. I know it's not what you asked but it might be an option.

If you'd bought an Apple iPhone you'd be introduced to the curious phenomenon of video and photo taken in one perspective curiously flipping round 90 degrees when you import it to a PC ;)

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had become invisible. :huh:

You are of course right about early adoption and I have to admit that this is not the first time I have been in the same situation so am a serial early adopter but I do like the quality made possible by state of the art kit. As I say the quality of the output is stunning. :rolleyes:

After Effects seems to be the only way to preserve the quality (although I haven't looked at WMM), but the principle is the same.

That said the rendering is quite slow. The slow motion is at 1280 by 20 and 239 frames per second and is reasonably quick but the UHD is 3840 by 2160 (30 frames per second) so I did leave a clip rendering overnight.

I may post a link when done- if your nice! ;)

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had become invisible. :huh:

You are of course right about early adoption and I have to admit that this is not the first time I have been in the same situation so am a serial early adopter but I do like the quality made possible by state of the art kit. As I say the quality of the output is stunning. :rolleyes:

After Effects seems to be the only way to preserve the quality (although I haven't looked at WMM), but the principle is the same.

That said the rendering is quite slow. The slow motion is at 1280 by 20 and 239 frames per second and is reasonably quick but the UHD is 3840 by 2160 (30 frames per second) so I did leave a clip rendering overnight.

I may post a link when done- if your nice! ;)

I think you just want to brag about your new phone :)

You clearly know enough about video to be capable of going into the settings on your phone. Just post the video and we will all rubbish it if it involves kittens in any way.

:D

I think you just want to brag about your new phone :)

You clearly know enough about video to be capable of going into the settings on your phone. Just post the video and we will all rubbish it if it involves kittens in any way.

:D

Here you go - I'll get ready for a flaming!

Here you go - I'll get ready for a flaming!

I enjoyed it. I wanted more. I was impressed to see Beneditch Cumberbacht in the lead role - he has such a dynamic range. I would use it for mindfulness meditation except that it made want to wee.

It started off slowly but Beneditch had a nice surprise at the end. Did you throw a copy of the Guardian at him to get that movement?

Tripod or handheld?

I enjoyed it. I wanted more. I was impressed to see Beneditch Cumberbacht in the lead role - he has such a dynamic range. I would use it for mindfulness meditation except that it made want to wee.

It started off slowly but Beneditch had a nice surprise at the end. Did you throw a copy of the Guardian at him to get that movement?

Tripod or handheld?

Thanks. Benedict and I fell out over his charity rant at the end when we saw him in Hamlet at the Barbican. My daughters have forgiven him though.

No I didn't need the Guardian as he was keen to add to his photobomb tally!

Knowing about your problem I removed the sound and thought that would avoid the little embarrassment.

It was handheld as I was going for the Cinéma vérité feel after Lars Von Trier. Maybe unsuccessfully but everyone loves a Trier!

This is rather good - although from the s5

I'm sure that's great but I think this screen is only 1300x800 or similar, :blink: