House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wonderpup

A Contradiction

We are informed by various diverse parties in increasingly hysterical terms that voting for Brexit will result in both a national meltdown and the destabilisation of the EU or even the global economy- I suggest these outcomes are mutually exclusive for the simple reason that if a UK brexit really were a threat to stability then there would be a huge incentive on all sides to minimize the impact of a Brexit.

So the idea that the EU would play hardball overlooks the reality that the EU itself is in a fragile position that could only be made worse by a disorderly UK exit.

To a large extent then the much vaunted threat presented by a UK exit is self extinguishing because in the event of a vote to leave the UK would at that point become 'too big to fail' and the very institutions currently predicting armageddon would be leading the charge to ensure that their own predictions would not be allowed to come true.

The remain campaign is in reality a huge bluff designed to frighten the plebs into submission by prediciting an outcome that even if theoretically possible would not be allowed to happen for fear of the consequnces.

I think if Schauble had his way, he would like to punish us as an example. And the Greeks, the Italians, Cypriots, Portuguese, Spanish....you get my drift ;-

Absolutely- in their ideal world they would make it as painful as possible for the UK to exit- as an example to the others- this is the way that all fascist minds operate. It's for the same reason they shot people trying to cross the berlin wall.

However- if the predictions of the remain camp are in any way true then they would be faced with precisly the dillema they currently pose to the people of the UK- do they risk a major blowback on the EU and the wider global financial system by choosing the to inflict maximium hardship on the UK?

The city of london is not some parochial arrangement, it's a major hub of the global financial ponzi scheme- so bringing down the UK could precipitate the very crisis they have spent billions to stave off for the past ten years.

So much as Herr Schauble might desire his dose of schadenfreude I suspect that in the last analysis the choice would be to make the Brexit as painless and untraumatic as possible in order to avoid the very real risk of a global 'event'.

In the event of Brexit the risk passes from the citizens of the UK and becomes the problem of the EU and the wider global economy- they know this this to be true which means that Cameron is lying when he says that the deals on offer following Brexit will be bad ones- they will not since it will be in everyone's interest to make sure that they are good ones.

There is no "Brexit"

Tis a mythical creature, much imagined, which cannot ever exist

I saw Cameron on the Andrew Marr show yesterday and cannot say I thought the same, to imply he was treating us like naughty children was to say he was telling us the truth and we would not listen.

I thought he looked shifty and stressed out by the fact that he knew he was telling endless lies, lying is stressful you know, it is the having t remember what you said. Farage on the other hand was as cool as a cucumber.

I looked at that man yesterday and remembered the time he gave his "no ifs or buts I will get immigration down to the 10,000's" now knowing it was a complete and utter lie, that one promise to me personally was important.

Cameron is just a laughing stock, he says Brexit will be a Cataclysm so why in God's name call a referendum, it was your f^^king call. Best keep this clown out of the debate, well actually as a Brexiteer please keep him in the debate.

A while back I was with RK on this, Brexit would simply not be allowed to happen (like the Irish vote).

There's been a real change in attitudes amongst people I talk to, a strong feeling that we're constantly being lied to and they're trying to use fear/intimidation to suppress change.

Watching Cameron being interviewed on TV yesterday, the body language was very telling. Cameron looked like he was lecturing a naughty child :)

I have found the twists and turns fascinating (not the lies, project fear and all that stuff on all sides) this morning on LBC someone was saying that grass routes labour supporters all ethnic backgrounds but predominately outside London are looking to score a win double by giving Cameron a good kicking and embarrassing their own metropolitan Islington elite by voting leave. Something people are only just waking up to.

A while back I was with RK on this, Brexit would simply not be allowed to happen (like the Irish vote).

There's been a real change in attitudes amongst people I talk to, a strong feeling that we're constantly being lied to and they're trying to use fear/intimidation to suppress change.

Watching Cameron being interviewed on TV yesterday, the body language was very telling. Cameron looked like he was lecturing a naughty child :)

I have been saying the same for a while now ,the remain side as a whole have been coming across more and more authoritarian whether this is down to strategy or their true colours are starting to show i`m not sure

Cameron is just a laughing stock, he says Brexit will be a Cataclysm so why in God's name call a referendum, it was your f^^king call. Best keep this clown out of the debate, well actually as a Brexiteer please keep him in the debate.

Why has noone asked him whats his plan in the event of brexit,you called the referendum you must have plans in place if it went that way ...so what's your plan concerning trade deals

Why has noone asked him whats his plan in the event of brexit,you called the referendum you must have plans in place if it went that way ...so what's your plan concerning trade deals

Because when we Brexit his plan is to retire and follow Mr Blairs route to riches.

He couldn't give a shyt what happens to Britain.

There is no "Brexit"

Tis a mythical creature, much imagined, which cannot ever exist

The problem is that once imagined such creatures can take on a life of their own- even if the remain side manage to terrorise their way to victory the labour party has effectively destroyed itself by being seen to back remain- it will be replaced by UKIP who will eventually achive Brexit via the ballot box at a general election.

The failure of labour to address the issue of uncontrolled EU immigration has destroyed their credibility with their core vote- and they stand revealed to be the craven apologists for the status quo they have become.

The spectacle of the left clinging to the skirts of the EU under the mistaken impression that it somehow represents their values would be comical were it not so pathetic. The EU is now a neo liberal project that defines success in terms of the degree to which it can strip it's citizens of the very protections that the Labour party fondly imagine it seeks to preserve.

I think if Schauble had his way, he would like to punish us as an example. And the Greeks, the Italians, Cypriots, Portuguese, Spanish....you get my drift ;-)

You mean, he'd want to punish BMW, Mercedes and Audi? Why?