House Price Crash Forum

Brexit Could End Bus Passes And Triple Lock

stuckin2up2down

So predictable. And so obvious that all of these things are directed at older people; the age group most likely to vote for Brexit. The whole Remain campaign is starting to look very underhand. There is a lot of targetting of personalities (Farage, BoJo etc) rather than discussion of the issues at hand. What's more, I think all of the manipulation is having the opposite effect to that desired (unless DC is a closet Brexiter)!

In many ways, Brexit would be the perfect scapegoat. The tories could get the inevitable, steep house price correction out of the way, a return to more normal interest rates, recession etc and then blame literally all of it on the Brexit, which they campaigned against....

Will be interesting to see what the turnout is, and how many "postal votes" are cast...

I am starting to wonder if that is the plan!

As for the Cyprus comment, keep up to date, as noted above ^^^^ no-one with under 100k EUR lost anything. It seemed more like a test to see how the little people would react.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So predictable. And so obvious that all of these things are directed at older people; the age group most likely to vote for Brexit. The whole Remain campaign is starting to look very underhand. There is a lot of targetting of personalities (Farage, BoJo etc) rather than discussion of the issues at hand. What's more, I think all of the manipulation is having the opposite effect to that desired (unless DC is a closet Brexiter)!

In many ways, Brexit would be the perfect scapegoat. The tories could get the inevitable, steep house price correction out of the way, a return to more normal interest rates, recession etc and then blame literally all of it on the Brexit, which they campaigned against....

Will be interesting to see what the turnout is, and how many "postal votes" are cast...

Its because there is only one issue.

Do we want an unelected cabal to decide our fate?....or not.

In effect cameron is threatening to stop paying an electoral bribe. As far as I know,during the entire history of the welfare state no pension guarantee as generous as the triple lock existed. Yet somehow, at a time when young people are hammered, when public finances are a mess,the government commits itself to increasing what is already the highest area of welfare spending. The message was while we mouth the rhetoric of austerity, and the young may suffer,we will look after you. Conversely,the message from his latest threat is if events take a turn for the worse we wont look after you. I hardly think that is going to make the elderly trust his judgement.

Cameron has just announced that those with no savings will have those savings removed and given to people who have far too much.

You couldn't make it up....

Indeed.

Nothing about they'll have to increase stamp duty again on BtLers' purchases or get rid of tax haven benefits etc.

When I say youll end up losing your savings like they did in Cyprus they reply I have no savings.

Those who did lose money in Cyprus did so as a result of EU machinations, so hardly an incentive to remain.

The problem with the remain camp is that they failed to consult the oracle of all wisdom- I quote:

YODA:

“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Making people angry with you because you tried to frighten them is a poor strategy. The problem with the Elites is that their authentic contempt for the people who elect them blinds them to the humanity of those they govern- they think purely in terms of wolves and sheep- but human sheep are a bit more complex in their reaction to attempted control than our leaders seem to imagine- this may be their undoing.

There is not a cats chance in hell this government will last until 2020.

20 July 2016 would be closer.

Trouble is I can't see any party winning with a majority in an early GE.

Section 2 of the Act also provides for two ways in which a general election can be held before the end of this five-year period:

In either of these two cases, the Monarch (on the recommendation of the prime minister) appoints the date of the new election by proclamation. Parliament is then dissolved 25 working days before that date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-term_Parliaments_Act_2011

First step Brexit, then ...

........The problem with the Elites is that their authentic contempt for the people who elect them blinds them to the humanity of those they govern- they think purely in terms of wolves and sheep- but human sheep are a bit more complex in their reaction to attempted control than our leaders seem to imagine- this may be their undoing.......

...these people forget they are our appointed servants...paid for by us ..we even pay their taxes and pensions....their 'elite' portrayal is a delusional self image....the ballot box should eliminate the worst offenders.....roll on BREXIT...... :rolleyes:

It's the failure of the working class scum to respond to the dog whistle of their labour masters that seems to have put the wind up the remain camp- perhaps it was not such a smart move to ignore the growing unease of the lower orders who were watching their world slowly being transformed by mass immigration.

It may turn out that protecting Britan's influence on the world stage or preserving the global climate are less pressing matters to the plebs than their difficulty in obtaining medical treatment or a decent place to live- but what else can you expect from such people?

"Vote Tory we'll slash your pensions and take away your bus pass"

Amusing strategy

I think what could be amusing is the last minute attempt to get voters registered, the kind of younger, precariously housed voters that the Tories were only too willing to throw off the register