stuckin2up2down

HOLA441
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Obviously, they are trying to scare the older voters. But I like your thinking, how many young people will be thinking... Hmmmm... lower house prices, plus give a kick to the boomers! :P

The constant lying sickens me though. I doubt they will be able to keep bus passes and the triple lock forever in any case! It starting to seem like coming out of Europe will be a Tories wet dream! Which side was Cameron on again?

HOLA443

I think it will backfire, the older people might tire of these threats.

Anyone thats been unemployed spending a fortune on buses surrounded by boomers talking about their cruises on buses would see this as a great plus.

This would reduce some of the outrageous intergenerational inequality.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I think it will backfire, the older people might tire of these threats.

Anyone thats been unemployed spending a fortune on buses surrounded by boomers talking about their cruises on buses would see this as a great plus.

This would reduce some of the outrageous intergenerational inequality.

I'm disgusted by Cameron's filthy intergenerational bribes/threats. I think his weasel demeanour is turning many against him.

HOLA446

So predictable. And so obvious that all of these things are directed at older people; the age group most likely to vote for Brexit. The whole Remain campaign is starting to look very underhand. There is a lot of targetting of personalities (Farage, BoJo etc) rather than discussion of the issues at hand. What's more, I think all of the manipulation is having the opposite effect to that desired (unless DC is a closet Brexiter)!

In many ways, Brexit would be the perfect scapegoat. The tories could get the inevitable, steep house price correction out of the way, a return to more normal interest rates, recession etc and then blame literally all of it on the Brexit, which they campaigned against....

Will be interesting to see what the turnout is, and how many "postal votes" are cast...

HOLA447

So predictable. And so obvious that all of these things are directed at older people; the age group most likely to vote for Brexit. The whole Remain campaign is starting to look very underhand. There is a lot of targetting of personalities (Farage, BoJo etc) rather than discussion of the issues at hand. What's more, I think all of the manipulation is having the opposite effect to that desired (unless DC is a closet Brexiter)!

In many ways, Brexit would be the perfect scapegoat. The tories could get the inevitable, steep house price correction out of the way, a return to more normal interest rates, recession etc and then blame literally all of it on the Brexit, which they campaigned against....

Will be interesting to see what the turnout is, and how many "postal votes" are cast...

Either that or thick as pig shit ,i think everyone whit half a brain has figured out the meaning of "could " which precedes every scare statement

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA448
Guest BillyNI

Fear is an immediate emotion and cannot be sustained for long. (in trading terms, we see that as short-lived spikes in the Vix).

They started on fear far too far out for it to be effective.

A very good point.

HOLA449

Why shouldnt the pensioners be protected.

why shouldnt they get a free bus pass.

I looked at my stoppages for 1 week £241.62

What am i paying this for . Hopefully when i get old i will get a free bus pass and a pension, and hopefully there will still a NHS. I know that when i retire i wont be getting no where near that money back,

how is this fair.

The reason why most old people will vote brexit is because they remember when this was our country.

HOLA4410

why should brexit (hate that word) mean the end of bus passes and winter fuel allowance? - would it also mean the end of housing benefit and council tax benefit and tax credits - or is it only the non-means tested things that would go. Is not therefore DLA/PIP.' Child benefit also in danger

agree that the scare-mongering is now bordering on the ridiculous but like any campaign the emphasis often seems to be - look at what voting for the other side will mean, not so much - vote for me and this is what I will be able to do.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

And kids if you vote to stay in we will continue fcking you over to fund the lives of those with far more than you.

Insane that some minimum wage earner, renting a bedsit is funding the bus pass, tv licence and triple locked pension of someone sitting in a £300K bungalow.

Remain know they're beaten, and Dave knows this will be his legacy.

HOLA4413

Its getting a bit worrying now. Most people I speak to are for coming out. When I say youll end up losing your savings like they did in Cyprus they reply I have no savings.The only good thing I can see is that the EU gravy train will come off the rails for the likes of the Kinnock family.

HOLA4414

And kids if you vote to stay in we will continue fcking you over to fund the lives of those with far more than you.

Insane that some minimum wage earner, renting a bedsit is funding the bus pass, tv licence and triple locked pension of someone sitting in a £300K bungalow.

Indeed

HOLA4415

LOL. This is almost as good as the 'vote leave and the migrant camps will be in Dover, not Calais'

Why they would stay in Dover once theyre over here Remain never explained. Similarly, why free bus passes would go when off peak most buses are near empty but still have to run anyway makes no economic sense.

Is their some kind of competition in Remain for who can come up with the most absurd threat and not get laughed at?!

Either way, its not making Cameron look very good...rather nasty actually.

HOLA4416

Last time they did the OAP scare about pensions, they forgot about the Triple Lock protecting them, which undid that scare story. Now they are back with it slightly reformulated to threaten the Triple Lock.

It really is contemptible.

HOLA4417

Its getting a bit worrying now. Most people I speak to are for coming out. When I say youll end up losing your savings like they did in Cyprus they reply I have no savings.The only good thing I can see is that the EU gravy train will come off the rails for the likes of the Kinnock family.

They're more likely to lose their savings when we have to pay for the coming bail-outs of the collapsing Euro countries.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

So come 2020 and the next election can anybody honestly see the conservatives going into the election with the campaigning of vote for us and we will take away your bus passes your triple lock pension increases etc

Load of fear sxxte from Cameron and his poodle as per usual Yawn Yawn

OUT

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This attempt at bullying the poor, and then the old has thrown the referendum, now 2020 GE. Pistol and Whisky for The Moron and Idiot.

There is not a cats chance in hell this government will last until 2020.

20 July 2016 would be closer.

HOLA4422

Ehh..... how much did Dave pay you for telling that lie

HOLA4423

LOL. This is almost as good as the 'vote leave and the migrant camps will be in Dover, not Calais'

Why they would stay in Dover once theyre over here Remain never explained.

Because when they get here and see what an utter balls up of a country it is they'll be desperate to get back.

HOLA4424

Who lost their savings in Cyprus? If you kept savings per institution below EUR100k I thought you lost nothing. I also didn't think they raided peoples share holdings or dividends. I'm sure they didn't take peoples REIT's off them. Nor their gold.

HOLA4425