House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Florida Nightclub Shooting. Reports Of Gunman Wearing A Bomb.

Breaking news of a mass shooting in a gay Florida nightclub, Pulse, with reports of 20 people shot and the gunman having taken hostages.

Reports that the gunman is wearing a bomb.

Confused reports at the moment as it is just breaking news.

Confused reports. Some are tweeting that it is an Islamist. Others are tweeting that it is a white supremacist.

I suspect that no one knows and loads of speculation.

It is Pride week in Orlando apparently. Pulse looks like a gay/trans club from google.

Yes, according to the below thread the white supremacist theory is already being discredited. The person reported as being the alleged gunman has, according to the thread, been wrongly blamed for other things in the past.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pol_4_Infinite/status/741904863747969025?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Police must have killed him then.

Another nutter with a gun.

People being led out of the club. Scene not secure. Reports of 40 injured including a police officer.

FBI saying that the murderer may have had leanings towards Islamic extremism.

News sites reporting him as in his 20s, not local to the area and an Islamic extremist.

Sky News just now refusing to report anything about the gunman's motivations. Main story seems to be the football hooliganism and racist behaviour of Russian fans.

Despite my loathing of islamist nutters, it's wrong to assume this attack is one. Lots of people would have a grudge against a gay nightclub.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting-what-we-know/85786006/

"When asked whether the shooter had ties to a Jihadist terror group, an FBI official said during a news conference that "we do have suggestions that that individual may have leanings toward that, that particular ideology. But right now we can't say definitively so we're still running everything around."

If true, that's the election in Trump's pocket.

Despite my loathing of islamist nutters, it's wrong to assume this attack is one. Lots of people would have a grudge against a gay nightclub.

If the FBI is saying there's an Islamic link, then it's really not an assumption.

Sadly, I wouldn't trust the mainstream media and the authorities to be honest about the situation given the way they've tried to hide Islamic motivations for previous attacks.

I think the most important thing here is that if the person is a muslim, that we don't let the attack let us think differently of muslims compared to all the other religions that aren't slaughtering people in the west.

That's the most important thing. We don't want the death of innocent men to turn us into racists.

Hillary for president!

In Austria it is ok:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/06/22/austria-car-attack-random-act-of-violence-or-planned-terrorist-attack/

This murderer has never been regarded as a terrorist by the Austrian authorities, just mentally illI

As Arthur C Clarke said

'It may be that for most of mainkinds history that religion has been a necessary evil, but why more evil than necessary?

To kill in the name of god is a pretty good definition of insanity"

Religious fundamelism of all colors tends to have odd effects on the mentally ill...

I think the most important thing here is that if the person is a muslim, that we don't let the attack let us think differently of muslims compared to all the other religions that aren't slaughtering people in the west.

That's the most important thing. We don't want the death of innocent men to turn us into racists.

Hillary for president!

This reads exactly like something I'd see on my facebook feed. The Left in America are doubling down on the PC delusion.