House Price Crash Forum

The Brexit Effect On Uk Property Will Be More Devastating Than Anyone Has Predicted

HOLA441
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
What? House prices fell? Property prices in England and Wales fell in May as the market stalled ahead of the EU referendum vote. In May house prices experienced the sharpest drop since November 2011 as the property market was plagued by uncertainty surrounding the EU referendum. Property values fell by 0.4 per cent in May in England and Wales - the lowest home sales in May for five years - according to data from Your Move and Reeds Rains estate agents.

woman-w-surprised-look-72526554-575a61f0

HOLA445

I think if we stay it'll lead to short term spike in prices.

But i'm sure we're voting out, who in their right mind would vote for the lunatics from remain ... on ITV and BBC everyone of them was utter bonkers (or a liar).

Edited by Rigged

HOLA446

Kill property prices and drag the banking sector down with it. Sounds ace.

30% down is feck all, they need to fall 80% in london. They've gone up about 30% in the last few years just in bristol.

The comedy is they must collapse at some point anyway.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

CklCBXxWsAAD6wE.jpg

So long as places like this are advertised for 120K i can't agree that prices are crashing.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42348714.html

When its advertised for 20K which is more than its worth, then we know the crash is under way.

Besides that man has more integrity, honesty and loyalty to his nation than most our MPs and leaders.

Edited by Rigged

HOLA4410

But i'm sure we're voting out, who in their right mind would vote for the lunatics from remain ... on ITV and BBC everyone of them was utter bonkers (or a liar).

Unlike the truthful and sane Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Nick Clegg

HOLA4411

Looks like the propaganda's working, though:

Meanwhile, a YouGov survey of 1,735 UK adults at the end of May, on behalf of alternative finance platform Wellesley Finance, found people were dived on the effects of the EU referendum on house prices.

Younger generations were the most worried, with 28 per cent of 18 to 24 year-olds thinking it will become less affordable if the country votes to leave.

http://www.ftadviser.com/2016/06/10/mortgages/mortgage-data/house-prices-slump-before-eu-referendum-xKOeFHFGX9WtfMoXIdbFPI/article.html

HOLA4412

Unlike the truthful and sane Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Nick Clegg

They're the enemy i think you need to re read what i wrote, did you not see Mr Izzard or those 3 loony women on ITV?

But the latter 3 you mention weren't the focus of the TV shows yesterday.

Edited by Rigged

HOLA4413

That's it - this post tipped me over the edge lol.

Remain it is then.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Yep, there seems to be a kind of momentum building for leaving IMO.

Leave don;t really have to say anything, the batshyt crazies from remain gift them voters every time they open their mouth.

FFS they had Blair speaking for their cause, only way leave could compete with him is by getting the Yorkshire Ripper to speak up for their cause.

HOLA4418

Leave don;t really have to say anything, the batshyt crazies from remain gift them voters every time they open their mouth.

FFS they had Blair speaking for their cause, only way leave could compete with him is by getting the Yorkshire Ripper to speak up for their cause.

I trust Blair if we leave we will be attacked with chemical weapons within 15 minutes. Vote remain.

HOLA4419

I'm starting to get the impression that linking Brexit to a house price crash could turn out to be one of the most counterproductive (and naive) things the remainers have done.

Newsnight did a piece last night with inner Roland Rudd canvasing outtish Wolverhampton and showed one couple who were swayed towards leaving by the idea. The interviewer noted that almost everyone they had spoken to had mentioned house prices, although to Rudd himself the very idea of wanting lower prices seemed to come as a surprising new concept.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07fd038/newsnight-09062016 (@ 21:13)

HOLA4420

I'm starting to get the impression that linking Brexit to a house price crash could turn out to be one of the most counterproductive (and naive) things the remainers have done.

Newsnight did a piece last night with inner Roland Rudd canvasing outtish Wolverhampton and showed one couple who were swayed towards leaving by the idea. The interviewer noted that almost everyone they had spoken to had mentioned house prices, although to Rudd himself the very idea of wanting lower prices seemed to come as a surprising new concept.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07fd038/newsnight-09062016 (@ 21:13)

He's a taxpayer funded reporter actively trying to sway people to vote remain, staggering.

HOLA4421

Farage commented on Blair`s "zero credibility" on QT last night. Another point mentioned on there last night, about pressure on maternity units, is a moan I have been hearing around Edinburgh recently, and I honestly think large numbers of people think enough is enough as far as the numbers allowed to come here goes. Brexit looking possible IMO, Bloomberg talking about it now as if it is almost expected to happen.

HOLA4422

Farage commented on Blair`s "zero credibility" on QT last night. Another point mentioned on there last night, about pressure on maternity units, is a moan I have been hearing around Edinburgh recently, and I honestly think large numbers of people think enough is enough as far as the numbers allowed to come here goes. Brexit looking possible IMO, Bloomberg talking about it now as if it is almost expected to happen.

I know its hardly scientific and akin to taxi drivers claiming to be the barometer for the economy but my hairdresser who is based in the centre of Europe's largest council estate thus bang in the middle of Labour heartland asked me which way i'm voting, and she said in the weeks she's been asking people only 1 person stated remain.

And as 2 out of every 3 Tory voters are meant to be for Leave it is looking promising.

If England votes out and Wales, Scotland and N Ireland vote remain then it does open a can of worms.

Edited by Rigged

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425