House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

The Big Tv Football Bubble Thread

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/09/sky-faces-sharp-increase-in-rights-costs-as-german-football-auct/

Sky’s bill for German football rights will rise by 80pc following an auction battle that will deliver a total of €4.6bn (£3.6bn) to Bundesliga clubs.

For the first time Sky will be forced to share top flight football with a rival broadcaster, after the Discovery-owned channel Eurosport bought up rights to Friday night games.

Competition regulators had imposed new rules on the auction that barred the DFL, the German football association which sold the rights, from selling them exclusively to Sky as they had previously done.

The British company will pay an annual average of €876m, compared with €486m under the existing contract.

Wow an 80% increase. I wonder what will happen the next time the EPL rights come up? Still I'm sure there is plenty of disposable income around to pay for all this.

For two seconds I thought sky had paid the best part of a bill to broadcast the British rights to broadcast the bundesliga. That really would have been peak global madness.

What they have paid though is not near premier league tights in the UK though, so it's interesting to see how much of a premium the prem's 'brand' still commands.

For two seconds I thought sky had paid the best part of a bill to broadcast the British rights to broadcast the bundesliga. That really would have been peak global madness.

What they have paid though is not near premier league tights in the UK though, so it's interesting to see how much of a premium the prem's 'brand' still commands.

I wonder what will happen the next time the EPL rights come up?

They've just been done a few weeks ago and BT and Sky bid them up to astronomical levels.

Premier league boss interview was funny. One would think he would play it down confidently but even he said he was shocked.

This is why Manchester United are due to be the richest club in the world again despite their problems.

La Liga are forcing Real and Barcelona to share their money.

You'll see English clubs blowing big cash this summer.