House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tattoos

I'm observing 2 heavily tattooed ladies discussing their tattoos and plans for more. 30 mins and counting. No other subjects discussed. Does number of tattoos corelate to lack of personality?

It's their hobby, some people like designing their garden or their house, they like designing their body art. You can see how a lot of thought can get put into it.

Tattoos all look pretty terrible IMO, like somebody's been doodling on their skin with marker pen, but there is a creative aspect.

Isn't this going out of fashion?

Isn't this going out of fashion?

Of course it will. What goes around comes around.

Going to be an issue for those with them.

Removal is meant to be extremely painful and doesn't always get rid 100%.

I've got 3 and have been having them lasered off over the last few years on & off they are fading out pretty well.

I got them all when i was 16 (now 40)

It is an addiction and alot of people are going to regret buying into the trend in the popular tattoo explosion over the last few years.

I like to wind people up that have Tribal tattoos / celtic bands etc i tell them it looks really dated now like they bought into the Tribal craze in the late nineties, it's funny when you ask them what Tribe they are from lol

Names & Dates in Latin / Italics is another one am i supposed to enquire what they relate too? hahahaha

While people are at liberty to adorn themselves in anyway they want I dont really understand the mentality behind getting permanently inked rather than using temporary body decorations such as henna. I mean I quite liked loon pants when they were in fashion in the 1970s but I would not want them welded to my legs for the next 50 years or so,

Here is my "Eagle" lol

After 4 Laser removal sessions going pretty well!

9j2615.jpg

I pay cash down my local Tattooists who has a neat sideline in removing them as well!

Only does it early mornings though so the punters don't see it being done lol

Just an observation. The younger ladies at work do not seem as tattoed as the older ones. I don't think blokes used to get tattoos unless military or crims.

Here is my "Eagle" lol

After 4 Laser removal sessions going pretty well!

I pay cash down my local Tattooists who has a neat sideline in removing them as well!

Only does it early mornings though so the punters don't see it being done lol

Barely noticeable now.

Tattoo removal as the next big growth industry.

Around £1400 for a Q-Switched YAG laser

The colours Red & Green don't respond well to the lasers as the beams are either red (ruby)

or Green (ND YAG)

You can still see the reds & greens in my pic haven't faded out as well as the blacks & browns.

The beams struggle to recognise their own colour.

It's cheaper if i get all 3 hit in one session, it was £50 per tatt

but he did me 3 for £100 if i do all at once while the machine is set up.

It means going through the pain barrier but for a £50 saving i did it.

Last time i went i was chatting away about being unemployed etc and he charged me £60

for the lot! so £20 per tatt.

A clinic wil charge around £50 per tatt for one session or sell you a block for about £300 where you get 2 free sessions etc,

Going rate is £40 lately on the highstreet removal shops that are springing up.

its not a quick pain free fix by any means, my mates wife has had 14 sessions on one small

red devil tatt and it is not budging at all.

A large piece or sleeve they will throw a transparent grid over the area and charge £x per square in the grid that the Tattoo fits in, the squares are small.

"big money"

They're so ubiquitous that I feel positively out of place and DISCRIMINATED AGAINST if I don't have a tattoo.

Our neighbour has the sad fashion victim crap 'tribal' design - probably thought he was being 'edgy' about 10 years ago, now he is getting into his podgy middle age it just looks pathetic.

I'm always reminded of this song in my head when I see the tattooed masses ...

Whenever people talk about tatoos I remember reading about an old guy saying that he had a tatoo done of a striking eagle when he was in the war "and now it looks like a dead budgie."

Tattoos can look good with decent art work providing not over done.

However it seems lots of people have work done by poor artists which looks crap. However not something you can easily correct once done.

This is one of reasons why I haven't had one as I'm far too critical and would simply hate crap work.

This is going to be an interesting one! Fashions come and go, but them buggers on your skin don't!

This one might 'have' to stay in fashion a bit longer than normal :)

P

I know someone who works on an admissions ward. They often have jokey chats with people in their 40s & 50s or older, about whether they still have unending allegiance to the football team/band/woman/bloke/youth movement/etc that's the subject of the badly faded tattoo on their wrinkled skin! Usually the wry answer is 'no'.

Its a trademark in our social media world. Like beards and serving stuff on anything but a plate.

If you want to get famous on instagram, youtube or chaturbate, you need a Brand, a logo, a trademark. They won't remember your name but they'll remember your mark.

Tattoos can look good with decent art work providing not over done.

However it seems lots of people have work done by poor artists which looks crap. However not something you can easily correct once done.

This is one of reasons why I haven't had one as I'm far too critical and would simply hate crap work.

You'd think you'd be able to get to see some of the artist's previous work before taking the plunge (although how many tatoos are the stereotypical "We were drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time" ones?)

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos as 95% of them are really shit - as loads of people have them nowadays I think the 'cool' thing in a couple of decades will be people that don't have tats.

I know someone who works on an admissions ward. They often have jokey chats with people in their 40s & 50s or older, about whether they still have unending allegiance to the football team/band/woman/bloke/youth movement/etc that's the subject of the badly faded tattoo on their wrinkled skin! Usually the wry answer is 'no'.

Yep. I used to wear band t-shirts and had a denim jacket with patches. At the time I loved it all but it only lasts as long as the t-shirts.

Ephemera is at its best when it remains ephemeral.