House Price Crash Forum

Gross: Bond Market Is A "supernova That Will Explode One Day"

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

In simple terms does this mean they're selling debt at such a low price, when the market turns and they sell debt at a much greater price people holding these bonds at the lower price will be wiped out?

Yield = low = price = high = demand* = high.

Thats my basic understanding of it and not a google in sight !!

* Of course lots of this is not actual demand its made up funny money from central banks of course.

HOLA446

Well they can always hold the bonds to maturity. Surely only a default can wipe someone out by anything other than choice. But then if rolling debt becomes too expensive and repaying debt impossible, that's what's going to happen to some degree isn't it.

HOLA447

Well they can always hold the bonds to maturity. Surely only a default can wipe someone out by anything other than choice. But then if rolling debt becomes too expensive and repaying debt impossible, that's what's going to happen to some degree isn't it.

Government debt is the biggie ? Once the likes of Venezuela, Greece and other places decide to ram it and just default, and then look to be in a much better position a few years later - the whole thing could come crashing down.

Who knows.

HOLA448

Too funny. Gross has been 100% wrong on US Ts for 3 years. As he's consistently said rates/yields will imminently soar, they've continued to trend down. He's the 2nd last person to listen to on govt bonds

The last person is RK whose accuracy has been severely lacking on this and many other assets, on which he's forecasted.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA449

Too funny. Gross has been 100% wrong on US Ts for 3 years. As he's consistently said rates/yields will imminently soar, they've continued to trend down. He's the 2nd last person to listen to on govt bonds

The last person is RK who's accuracy has been severely lacking on this and many other assets, on which he's forecasted.

As long as every government has the same debt problem, no one is going to rock the boat.

Govt create bonds, sell them in the market, create magic money to buy them back from banks(so they take a commission). Banks now have funny money to speculate and lend on assets, buy more bonds and sell them back to the ECB/Govt

We are borrowing forward until something else turns up...as always. If the turnstile fails we have a huge problem in the monetary system. The government will re-write the rules to make sure they aren't bankrupt and some people who guessed what the govt will do will probably profit.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The last person is RK whose accuracy has been severely lacking on this and many other assets, on which he's forecasted.

hes over $1 billion wealthier than you.

Id say that p1sses on your bond market "expertise".

Which calls of mine have been wrong? Link them up Killer Troll.

gold - nailed it

Silver - nailed it.

Oil - nailed it

Equities - nailed it

houses - nailed it.

Bonds - There IS no exit. You are the greater fool.

HOLA4413

gold - nailed it

Silver - nailed it.

Oil - nailed it

Equities - nailed it

houses - nailed it.

Mr FTSE 10000. Foolproof and incapable of error. :lol:

HOLA4414

Mr FTSE 10000. Foolproof and incapable of error. :lol:

You said it.

And there's a lot more that can be added - which I have done. Can't be bothered doing it yet again.

HOLA4415

gold - nailed it

Silver - nailed it.

Oil - nailed it

Equities - nailed it

houses - nailed it.

I'm going to open a special RK portfolio, to see how your guesses really do over the long term. I'm willing to put a couple a k in there. So, which share/ETF/etc should I buy first oh great one?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

To be fair to RK his winners are worth following.

To be fair to Gross he had made a lot of people a lot of money

HOLA4418

I'm going to open a special RK portfolio, to see how your guesses really do over the long term. I'm willing to put a couple a k in there. So, which share/ETF/etc should I buy first oh great one?

Put it in the portfolio he said before it happened.

...and it's gone.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

To be fair to RK his winners are worth following.

To be fair to Gross he had made a lot of people a lot of money

Name them. Timestamped.

Not in last 3 years. Hence he was thrown out of PIMCO that he founded.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I think the outcome for bonds/government borrowing will be less bonds collapsing but countries being able to borrow in their own currencies.

There's few creditors out there. The tales of glut of money is wrong. Even Saudi is raising money via bonds.

Thee's finite cash chasing almost infinite debt.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425