House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Did This Teacher Do Anything Wrong ?

You can't touch them. You probably have to let them beat shit out of you else you are deemed to have touched them.

Who'd be a teacher?

control freaks and bullies who can't get into the police force

Not anymore. If your a control freak and a bully a teacher is clearly pretty far down the list of things you want to do.

Yes he did, a dinosaur doing things wrong.

Have you read the actual details or just the headline ?

Have you read the actual details or just the headline ?

I read the story.

Physically restraining someone for no good reason. He wasn't in any danger himself, only his ego.

Then making a comment to a girl. Are embarrassment and humiliation still on the curriculum at teacher school?

Wrong, wrong, thrice wrong.

As a teacher he gets treated more harshly as he is in a 'position of responsibility'.

Why does that not also extend to deciding if this boy should be allowed to run out the door when it wasn't time or not ?

As for the girl - she was clearly embarrassing herself. So what would you say he should do to get her down and stop her disrupting the class ? Go and grab her and drag her down ? Oh no wait !! ^^^^^^^ That's now allowed either....

So whats your magic solution to both these situations ? Interested to hear.

My ex was (for a while) a teacher in a special school, for kids who'd been excluded by normal schools.

Part of the training for the job was allowed methods of physical restraint: bring the most challenging teenager under control without risk to him/her. Very effective.

Don't teachers in general, and others like coppers and social workers who may have to deal with violent thugs without hurting them, get that kind of training?

58 years old - from the generation when teachers kicked the sh*t out of male pupils.

No sane man should become a teacher these days unless you are one of these Corbynite politically correct lot.

Not anymore. If your a control freak and a bully a teacher is clearly pretty far down the list of things you want to do.

Not really - a position of authority over someone in an inferior/submissive position to you

A bully and control freak's wet dream

My ex was (for a while) a teacher in a special school, for kids who'd been excluded by normal schools.

Part of the training for the job was allowed methods of physical restraint: bring the most challenging teenager under control without risk to him/her. Very effective.

Don't teachers in general, and others like coppers and social workers who may have to deal with violent thugs without hurting them, get that kind of training?

The bloke stopped the kid from running through his legs and then held him against the wall using his knee. He hardly smacked him in the face three times then put him in a headlock.

Not really - a position of authority over someone in an inferior/submissive position to you

A bully and control freak's wet dream

You think pupils at school today are in the 'submissive' position ?!

I know its a bit mumsnet like but ffs LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The judge said: "Parents send their children to school expecting them to the safe and treated properly and respectfully by their teachers. You have failed dismally in that respect”.[/size]

It would be interesting to see what proportion of parents would be happy for kids to be physically restrained by a teacher when behaving like abhorrent little shits. Quite a chunk I imagine.

You think pupils at school today are in the 'submissive' position ?!

I know its a bit mumsnet like but ffs LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

By your statement - you obviously think children have the power over the teacher

fair enough

we'll agree to differ

By your statement - you obviously think children have the power over the teacher

fair enough

Well we can agree to disagree. Its all in the kids hands these days as far as I see it.

"He touched me". Game over for the teacher for at least a few months and even then 'mud sticks'. Nothing will ever happen to the kid. And they all know that.

The judge said: "Parents send their children to school expecting them to the safe and treated properly and respectfully by their teachers. You have failed dismally in that respect”.[/size]

It would be interesting to see what proportion of parents would be happy for kids to be physically restrained by a teacher when behaving like abhorrent little shits. Quite a chunk I imagine.

Yep.

As for 'Safe'. She was prancing about on a table. Surely that in itself isn't safe. And he isn't allowed to manhandle her down. So he got her down with only words. Pretty impressive in my opinion.

And yet its classed as a 'sexual' comment. Even though the judge agreed there was no 'sexual' connotation to it for ****** sake. How does that work ?!

The ex was a primary school teacher who would often discuss grappling with kids over minor points of misbehaviour, or maybe...how to say...ego battles of who's in charge. Not much different to these.

No judgement. I think teaching is a hard job, I wouldn't want to do it. Kods know what they can and can't do...and what exactly what you can't do about it.

But...there are 'approved' ways of doing things these days. Even bouncers, Police, Hospital Wardens...you can't pit yoir hands on or throw weight around without proper training and doing it in a professional manner. Onus is on you...if you're 18 stone vs 8 stone even more so.

I'm not sure I understand why teacjers are different. TBH I think they need better training in restraint and 'conflict management' or whatever it's called these days. Which I don't believe they currently get to the required standard.

P

I think Paul that if restraining holds was a standard part of teacher training the numbers applying would fall off a cliff.

It'll probably end up like the prison service staffed with ex forces guys who can handle themselves.

As a teacher he gets treated more harshly as he is in a 'position of responsibility'.

Why does that not also extend to deciding if this boy should be allowed to run out the door when it wasn't time or not ?

As for the girl - she was clearly embarrassing herself. So what would you say he should do to get her down and stop her disrupting the class ? Go and grab her and drag her down ? Oh no wait !! ^^^^^^^ That's now allowed either....

So whats your magic solution to both these situations ? Interested to hear.

There aren't any magic solutions, the answer is being good at your job. Like most things, when you're out of your depth you do things you shouldn't and sometimes get caught. That would be pretty shitty parenting let alone teaching.

If you cannot reasonably verbally reason with them you've lost anyway but you cannot restrain and you should not belittle them in these circumstances.

It's stories like this that have deprived my children of the opportunity to have a male teacher. Every teacher is their school is female, and it's been like that for the past 4 years.

I don't think I'd last a week as a teacher in a modern school.

It's stories like this that have deprived my children of the opportunity to have a male teacher. Every teacher is their school is female, and it's been like that for the past 4 years.

I don't think I'd last a week as a teacher in a modern school.

You'd be OK in a public school but I would presume that the competition for those jobs is incredibly high.

There aren't any magic solutions, the answer is being good at your job. Like most things, when you're out of your depth you do things you shouldn't and sometimes get caught. That would be pretty shitty parenting let alone teaching.

If you cannot reasonably verbally reason with them you've lost anyway but you cannot restrain and you should not belittle them in these circumstances.

Everything is fine in theory - but having 13 year olds effing and blinding at you day in day out for years is going to take its toll on even the most A grade well trained most amazing teacher on the planet ever.

And considering that - I don't think his one of actions were even remotely worth anything close to a court case.

How many times do you think he had something thrown at him ? A kid barge into him on purpose - or most probably much much worse ?

Now 2 wrongs don't make a right - but I live in the real World. And the only way to deal with a little 13 year old scumbag is to give them a bit of their own medicine now and again.

Hence why anyone who works in teaching - or has been at school - and we all have - will tell you - the most respected teachers are the ones the kids are slightly scared of.

Should have let him go but explain the consequences of disobeying him. "It's your choice"

Sounds fine. But what are the consequences ? He gets double detention next time and just runs away again ?

Should have let him go but explain the consequences of disobeying him. "It's your choice"

Surely the detention the teacher tried to make him stay for was the supposed "consequence" of prior bad behaviour.

I remember when my sister was doing teacher training at a crappy school in East London she explained how there were a gang of kids beating the shit out of some poor kid and the only thing they were allowed to do was try and physically interpose themselves. They weren't even allowed to pull them away from the poor kid.

He gets his little finger cut off.

EDIT: If you ever had a dog, you would know that you don't teach a dog by beating it. Perhaps before being set free in the classroom, teachers should prove they can teach and discipline dogs without resorting to capital punishment.

I don't think Barbara Woodhouse ever did that!

Corporal punishment worked in school. There were always the wrong 'uns who could not be kept in check any other way.

Without that or the threat of it to keep them in line their disruptive behaviour would have severely hindered every other child's education.