House Price Crash Forum

Us Obesity Epidemic Worsened 40% Of Women 35 % Of Men17% Of Kids/ Teens

HOLA441

Surely that works both ways.

Stats show that the number of fat women is now substantially greater than the number of fat men.

In addition, as has been discussed on this forum before, men don't view women in the same way as women view men. Men will appraise a woman almost solely on attractiveness (based on youth, fertility etc). Hence men are not generally interested in how many 'achievements' a girl has and will find a waitress hot if she is slender, young and pretty. Conversely, a woman could be a brain surgeon but if she is obese and/or ugly most men won't give her a second look.

Women, on the other hand, appraise men using their natural hypergamous inclinations. Therefore, if a man is fat or ugly, they will still be interested if he is rich/successful/powerful/charismatic/a 'bad boy' etc etc. This is almost never the case when men appraise women.

Add to this the fact that women are generally more interested in partnerships, children, getting married etc, whereas most men are happy just to be single/casual.

HOLA442

Stats show that the number of fat women is now substantially greater than the number of fat men.

In addition, as has been discussed on this forum before, men don't view women in the same way as women view men. Men will appraise a woman almost solely on attractiveness (based on youth, fertility etc). Hence men are not generally interested in how many 'achievements' a girl has and will find a waitress hot if she is slender, young and pretty. Conversely, a woman could be a brain surgeon but if she is obese and/or ugly most men won't give her a second look.

Women, on the other hand, appraise men using their natural hypergamous inclinations. Therefore, if a man is fat or ugly, they will still be interested if he is rich/successful/powerful/charismatic/a 'bad boy' etc etc. This is almost never the case when men appraise women.

Add to this the fact that women are generally more interested in partnerships, children, getting married etc, whereas most men are happy just to be single/casual.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to type all that out ;)

HOLA443

It's not just the journey to work either. The car (and now the internet) have allowed a lot of services to pack up and leave, so not having a car is for most people much less practical than it was 50 years ago. Don't expect that to do anything than increase

What will it take to convince you that it's about to decrease at quite a rapid pace? You know why....

HOLA444
HOLA445

What will it take to convince you that it's about to decrease at quite a rapid pace? You know why....

Something hallucinagenic probably. It's certainly not going to make travelling on foot more practical by bringing back local services.

HOLA446

I posted this before but it it perfectly possible to lose weight eating solely junkfood, in this case Twinkies, Doritos & Oreo's:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/06/health/la-he-fitness-twinkie-diet-20101206

Many studies have been done like this one and the McDonalds menu has also been used to prove the same.

It is about maintaining a caloric deficit to get the weight down and then matching caloric intake to daily energy expenditure for ongoing weight maintainence.

If someone finds themselves immobile for any reason the only tool left in the box will be to closely track caloric intake.

HOLA447

I posted this before but it it perfectly possible to lose weight eating solely junkfood, in this case Twinkies, Doritos & Oreo's:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/06/health/la-he-fitness-twinkie-diet-20101206

Many studies have been done like this one and the McDonalds menu has also been used to prove the same.

It is about maintaining a caloric deficit to get the weight down and then matching caloric intake to daily energy expenditure for ongoing weight maintainence.

You'll lose weight but you'd be healthier eating 'real' food. And it'll be easier not to overeat if you eat 'real' food.

HOLA448

Something hallucinagenic probably. It's certainly not going to make travelling on foot more practical by bringing back local services.

Congratulations, you just moved the goalposts.

http://bestthenews.com/article/1998-kodak-had-170000-employees-and-sold-85-all-photo-paper-worldwide-medium-thu-04282016

In 2018 the first self driving cars will appear for the public. Around 2020, the complete industry will start to be disrupted. You don't want to own a car anymore. You will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination. You will not need to park it, you only pay for the driven distance and can be productive while driving. Our kids will never get a driver's licence and will never own a car. It will change the cities, because we will need 90-95% less cars for that. We can transform former parking space into parks. 1,2 million people die each year in car accidents worldwide. We now have one accident every 100,000km, with autonomous driving that will drop to one accident in 10 million km. That will save a million lifes each year.

HOLA449

You'll lose weight but you'd be healthier eating 'real' food. And it'll be easier not to overeat if you eat 'real' food.

Yeah agreed of course, not wanting to turn this into the <10% thread but i was thinking if the Americans want to continue eating at buffets and all you can eat diners etc then monitoring calorie intake is the best tool they can use.

They would soon realise that they can eat alot more of healthier foods due to caloric density as you say.

The average person would basically get a daily allowance of 1 big mac meal with large fries and a gallon of soda. Easy to see how the weight piles on!

HOLA4410

If someone finds themselves immobile for any reason the only tool left in the box will be to closely track caloric intake.

Yes, I know a slim attractive lady who whenever she felt she was putting on weight would go onto a strict calorie-controlled diet.

I forget how many calories but they equated to a certain number of Mars Bars which was all that she ate when dieting. It certainly worked.

HOLA4411

Yes, I know a slim attractive lady who whenever she felt she was putting on weight would go onto a strict calorie-controlled diet.

I forget how many calories but they equated to a certain number of Mars Bars which was all that she ate when dieting. It certainly worked.

Marianne Faithfull?

HOLA4412

You don't work though! (lucky man) If I didn't then my bike would be my main choice with the car used once a week for food shopping and to keep it all working.

The interesting one is Porca Misera who from what he is said has always cycled including distances that would have any other person, however keen a cyclist, picking up their car keys.

I may be unemployed dole-scum just now but I've clocked up a quarter century of bike commuting and several years entirely car-free. Didn't even get a driving licence until quite late in life and actual car ownership has been patchy. This is a contributory factor of me now being job-free.

Pretty much all my local (ie everywhere within 15 miles) have always been by bike or on foot.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

if the Americans want to continue eating at buffets and all you can eat diners etc then monitoring calorie intake is the best tool they can use.

Errr, that's exactly the approach recommended by "weightwatchers" (and countless others) for many years now that spectacularly fails to work in the vast majority of cases.

I'm not suggesting that they break the laws of physics, just pointing out the evident fact that straightforward caloric restriction is extremely hard to maintain for most normal people.

HOLA4415

Errr, that's exactly the approach recommended by "weightwatchers" (and countless others) for many years now that spectacularly fails to work in the vast majority of cases.

I'm not suggesting that they break the laws of physics, just pointing out the evident fact that straightforward caloric restriction is extremely hard to maintain for most normal people.

Ok given that they are unlikley to start intermittant fasting either then i have one more trick in the bag............

Atkins / lo carb

Go to the all you can eat buffet and pig out on meats / mixed grills etc

but not a single potato chip or bread bun!

That could work.

HOLA4416

Marianne Faithfull?

Sadly I don't know her that well :(

I may be unemployed dole-scum just now but I've clocked up a quarter century of bike commuting and several years entirely car-free. Didn't even get a driving licence until quite late in life and actual car ownership has been patchy. This is a contributory factor of me now being job-free.

Pretty much all my local (ie everywhere within 15 miles) have always been by bike or on foot.

Impressive. I am maybe allowing myself to be put off by the fast narrow twisty roads that are the first ways out of town and the huge hills. I cycled a lot and decent distances (including one 260 mile expedition) as a kid in Somerset where it was reasonably flat and pleasurable but it dwindled away very rapidly upon moving to Cornwall where the roads and terrain really don't make cycling fun unless you are extremely fit in the first place (I was) and don't mind the odd near miss (now I did mind). My sports rapidly became based around the sea and walking rather than cycling.

Porca will be along at some point but I recall him saying something about Chester to Holyhead as a not unusually long journey.

HOLA4417

A recent Reddit/RedPill posting re. weight-loss below. It took a bit of flack in the comments from the calorie=calorie crowd, but it probably works ... somehow?

Goldilocks and the three metabolic pumps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/4gkqec/goldilocks_and_the_three_metabolic_pumps_trigger/

There are three separate mechanisms that add fat to your body, both in the form of new fat cells (de novo lipogenesis), and adding fat to existing adipose tissue.

Think of them as three pumps which generate fat. Each one is fueled by a different material. We'll summarize each one, and link to more detailed discussion.

HOLA4418

A recent Reddit/RedPill posting re. weight-loss below. It took a bit of flack in the comments from the calorie=calorie crowd, but it probably works ... somehow?

Goldilocks and the three metabolic pumps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/4gkqec/goldilocks_and_the_three_metabolic_pumps_trigger/

There are three separate mechanisms that add fat to your body, both in the form of new fat cells (de novo lipogenesis), and adding fat to existing adipose tissue.

Think of them as three pumps which generate fat. Each one is fueled by a different material. We'll summarize each one, and link to more detailed discussion.

"This where landwhales come from" lol

Good read Ta!

Archived