House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Youtube Recommendations

I'm always looking for classics on there and came across The Green Man with Albert Finney; Kingsley Amis short novel which is worth a read and the TV three parter is better IMHO for being set in the 80s.

Short video shot in 1936 of a family sailing around the bottom of South America.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing skip to 4:45 to see kids enduring an old fashioned childhood without health and safety or gun control.

Scary darey!

Short video shot in 1936 of a family sailing around the bottom of South America.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing skip to 4:45 to see kids enduring an old fashioned childhood without health and safety or gun control.

Scary darey!

Awesome!

I wonder what happened to those kids?

I'll tell you

They developed into well-rounded, robust, confident and resourceful individuals who instilled those values into their children (who in turn love their parents dearly)

Scary darey!

Thanks libsy - that was well worth watching.

And the fact that the bairn shown in the film is still doing this kind of stuff in his eighties was truly inspirational.

Not many things get past my cynicism filter mate - but your excellent contribution to this thread most deservedly did...!

:)

XYY

There is a whole series available of interviews by Bryan Magee from the 1970's which were shown on the BBC. They are top quality both in terms of there content and delivery. Thoroughly recommended for anybody who as an interest in philosophy.

You mentioned Kingsley Amis. This is a very good, little known, ghost story of his adpated in  1974 starring the late Jerermy Brett and beautiful Natasha Parry who by then was 44 ( died last year). Don't let the book review stuff put you off at the start, it has a Morse like classic themed musical accompliment. Amazingly, the bald bloke, Geoffrey Chater, IS still alive. I first saw this on its first airing in 1974 and many of the scenes had stayed with me all my life until i recently rediscovered it, especially the mid summer night's sleepwalking scene.

On 08/06/2016 at 10:53 PM, libspero said:

Scary darey!

That is super