House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Britain's Housing Shortage Takes Marriage, Children, And Careers Off The Agenda For Millions

The average salary doesn't get a family home these days. Let alone, get one and pay the bills. And in London and the South, the average salary is many, many miles away from doing so.

A 1-bed shoebox is the aspiration for the average to decent earning worker without family wealth. If they're lucky, they'll get one by 40 to 50.

What a pile of s***e.

Article gets it wrong from the outset, connecting the high cost of housing to a shortage of properties. Might be true in the South East, but it's much more down to cheap money and govt meddling.

Supply and demand, innit?

No it's not. It's working hard and doing the right thing and inheriting a big house without paying inheritance tax which is obviously more important than economic growth, jobs etc.

e5jme9.jpg

given the amount of brainwashing the UK sheeple have been subjected to, I think it's fair to say that who wins X factor and who is shagging who in TOWIE comes fairly high up that list for a number of people now.

maybe almost as high up maslowes hierarchy as eating,breathing,sh1tting and staying warm

self actualisation doesn't even really come into it, when you are measuring yourself by the yardstick of jeremy kyle circus freaks,and thinking,"well at least my life isn't that bad...I've only got 3 kids by different men I haven't seen since I got up the spout"

something a bit wrong methinks.

Edited by oracle

something a bit wrong methinks.

Yep, everything above the second level (debt) is just a fairy tale. Told to the gullible by the politicians and the sellers of debt.

Who are these people living such a life today? :huh:

You can see how successful property IVs have been at hiding this problem, this thread attributes the the problem to a 'shortage'.

Almost immediately affordability is cited as the issue, which we all know is the issue. If month after month you struggle to make ends meet you're hardly likely to think it's fair to bring a child into the world just to do the same.

World leaders agree to climate change legislation whilst knowing that the pensions of their electorates demand an ever inflating size of population. Their rues to hide this is mass migration, New Labour predicated their entire economic plan on it. We all hear the line 'we need migrants to pay our retirements' instead of 'WHY is the domestic birth rate so low' ?

Article gets it wrong from the outset, connecting the high cost of housing to a shortage of properties. Might be true in the South East, but it's much more down to cheap money and govt meddling.

Agree. In fact there is no shortage of houses even in SE... if there was there would have been an increase in multiple family households. Stats show that just hasn't happened.

Brilliant find. Agree that the article gets the cause wrong but give them a break, everyone gets that wrong, and this is the first thing I've seen in the MSM that really says it when it comes to the catastrophic effects.

Am confident that we'll see more of this reality-reflection as young journalists gradually displace their too-comfy older colleagues. Will keep my eye out for that Jon Stone. Good old Indie.