House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Slow Loading News Pages

The redesigned Telegraph and Sun are now awful because of this.

They have so many pictures and banner ads that seem to load sequentially that it's an age until you can click a story and then it does one final jump so that you end up with the story above the one you actually want to read.

It's only been the last month or so but they have gone from regular reads for me to very infrequent. I can't be the only one so their "clicks" must be falling off a cliff.

And it has presumably cost them a small fortune.

No such problem for this site or forums in general.

I've noticed this with the Telegraph, Independant, Sun & Mirror amongst others even my local news paper website.

Initially i thought it was my old iphone but i think it is all the Ad's and Banners etc

Some people say you can use an Ad-blocker app but usually it won't let the page load.

I just move on to another website now not worth the hassle, these pages also seem to keep dropping & refreshing too.

This forum goes slow in the evenings too lately there was another thread about it.

They must be losing revenue though?

One of my local ones (the stories linked off the foot of the BBC local page) has started asking questions to read the content, sliding it up even further. The last was "Have you heard of (whatever) fashion brand?" (I hadn't) and it's just another reason not to go there.