House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

When The Crash Comes This Time...whats Going To Happen

When things crashed in 2007/2008 things were pretty bad.

Banks collapsed.

Credit dried up over night

People were struggling with debt.

We could easily have seen tanks on the streets and empty cash machines.

Thankfully Gordon saved us all....well some of us.

They lowered the rates and they printed money for the banks.

It's all gone a bit wrong though, they've blown another SE England mega bubble.

The prices take a population who have had little pay rises for the last decade past the madness of the 120% Northern Wreck mortgages and it's so bad our taxes are now being used to guarantee losses banks who lend to anyone daft enough to buy.

I think we all know this is going to collapse in one almight s**tstorm soon.

Plenty on here could see the NR going to the wall in 2007, but what about this time around ?

There must be a few small Building Socieities in danger. Bigger organisations such as Nationwide/Skipton/Coventry who have all been lendning into this new nadness, are they safe ?

The big banks are all safe under the Westminster wing so maybe they are all okay now.

Will the banks repossessed this time ?

Will we see those empty cash machines ?

Will the £ or the $ collapse ? Surely the dollar is worthless now and the £ can't be much better ?

Looking at the prices today I cannot see this miracle recovery lasting much longer.

Sure the BrExit might take it down....but maybe that's what they are hoping for.

The Tory miracle is too good to be true....

Anyways, im off to Lidl to get some tin foil.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

The government will stay out the equation and accept recessions are part of the economic cycle, businesses and people with debt the can't pay back will be allowed to go bust and within a couple of years once we're at the bottom of the cycle things will start to pick up and the nation will prosper again.

I wish.

The government will stay out the equation and accept recessions are part of the economic cycle, businesses and people with debt the can't pay back will be allowed to go bust and within a couple of years once we're at the bottom of the cycle things will start to pick up and the nation will prosper again.

I wish.

Yeah...dream on.

The MPs are the people with the debt and the business interests.

How exactly do MPs on 60-100K a year income get £4m property empires ?

When things crashed in 2007/2008 things were pretty bad.

Banks collapsed.

Credit dried up over night

People were struggling with debt.

We could easily have seen tanks on the streets and empty cash machines.

Thankfully Gordon saved us all....well some of us.

They lowered the rates and they printed money for the banks.

It's all gone a bit wrong though, they've blown another SE England mega bubble.

The prices take a population who have had little pay rises for the last decade past the madness of the 120% Northern Wreck mortgages and it's so bad our taxes are now being used to guarantee losses banks who lend to anyone daft enough to buy.

I think we all know this is going to collapse in one almight s**tstorm soon.

Plenty on here could see the NR going to the wall in 2007, but what about this time around ?

There must be a few small Building Socieities in danger. Bigger organisations such as Nationwide/Skipton/Coventry who have all been lendning into this new nadness, are they safe ?

The big banks are all safe under the Westminster wing so maybe they are all okay now.

Will the banks repossessed this time ?

Will we see those empty cash machines ?

Will the £ or the $ collapse ? Surely the dollar is worthless now and the £ can't be much better ?

Looking at the prices today I cannot see this miracle recovery lasting much longer.

Sure the BrExit might take it down....but maybe that's what they are hoping for.

The Tory miracle is too good to be true....

Anyways, im off to Lidl to get some tin foil.

Well they have already made their excuses ...Brexit was the cause but we only thought it would be -20% sorry about that

Yeah...dream on.

The MPs are the people with the debt and the business interests.

How exactly do MPs on 60-100K a year income get £4m property empires ?

MPs are the ones with fantastic pensions and jobs for the boys when they leave office.

It's their sponsors who have debts.

They'll prolong it until 2021. And this forum will still have us here asking what will happen in the next crash.

I suspect they'll drop to negative interest rates though

If I am correct in my thinking more than half the properties in the UK are not mortgaged, and I am sure that there are many of them that do not hold massive mortgages.

You are.

All I know is that there is £1.5 Trillion in personal debt in the UK as well as public. If I am correct in my thinking more than half the properties in the UK are not mortgaged, and I am sure that there are many of them that do not hold massive mortgages.

That means a sizeable minority have some very large debts and I am not one of them. Just been solvent and balanced will be the new black, by that I mean just by having a small amount of savings will put you in a great position.

How do people who've MEW'd figure in that ?

If you read Gidiots twitter post yesterday he hints at more HTB for the nation.

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/739426498466189312

If/when the Keynesian shit weasel publicly abandons plans to balance the books in the current parliament (for the second time!) then he really will be free to do some serious spending. I'm expecting him to put at least another £200bn on the national debt by 2020, in addition to what he's planning to borrow already - taking the total close to £2 trillion. The dunces at the BoE and OBR will greenlight the additional borrowing, as usual, arguing the necessity of additional stimulus (pouring concrete) and that rates are going to be lower for longer (in effect, because there's been no recovery). A vote for Brexit may bring forward these borrowing expectations, though I think Dave and Gid will prefer to see the UK squeezed mercilessly like Greece for a couple of years ahead of a second vote.

All I know is that there is £1.5 Trillion in personal debt in the UK as well as public. If I am correct in my thinking more than half the properties in the UK are not mortgaged, and I am sure that there are many of them that do not hold massive mortgages.

That means a sizeable minority have some very large debts and I am not one of them. Just been solvent and balanced will be the new black, by that I mean just by having a small amount of savings will put you in a great position.

Thats what I've been telling the other half for years but she can't see it. Just sees folks in bog standard houses driving round in fancy german cars and raving about their next holidays when I know for a fact they don't have great jobs are up to their eyes in cards and have no plans in place for retirement.

For some reason people think Osborne et all ate in control... Gordon brown clearly demonstrated the government are not in control...just pretending.

This

Same will happen as has always happened with the great unwashed and trendy investments that go sour, denial. Anger. Depression. House prices will drift down unevenly over twenty years and my mother in law will eventually shut her trap on why I never buy a house.

More props, more bank bailouts and more monopoly money possible with negative rates. Rinse and repeat.

No one will want responsibility for destroying all this paper wealth. We don't manufacture anything but higher house prices and this country for 20 years has excelled in its choosen field.

More props, more bank bailouts and more monopoly money possible with negative rates. Rinse and repeat.

No one will want responsibility for destroying all this paper wealth. We don't manufacture anything but higher house prices and this country for 20 years has excelled in its choosen field.

HTB 120%

Just been solvent and balanced will be the new black, by that I mean just by having a small amount of savings will put you in a great position.

I think that's already the case for those that can see it (or admit to it, in the case of the terminally indebted).

If we vote for Brexit, TPTB will blame it on us for voting incorrectly.......

If we vote for Brexit, TPTB will blame it on us for voting incorrectly.......

And if we dont....what will they blame it on then ?

It's coming one way or another.

Chinese and russian buyers werent buying because we are in the EU they were buying because they wanted to offshore their money

And if we dont....what will they blame it on then ?

It's coming one way or another.

Chinese and russian buyers werent buying because we are in the EU they were buying because they wanted to offshore their money

I completely agree, the sh*t is going to hit the fan one way or the other. The Euro referendum will be significant - as a vote for Brexit could set a crash in motion straight away & a narrow vote for remain is likely to result in the government descending into civil war which could set things off as well, albeit more slowly.

Bring it on, I'm so tired of waiting.

I suspect that TPTB are trying to engineer a soft landing. But should it begin to crash harder than they wish then clearly GO shown his hand with the kind of measures he has in mind (odious little sh!t that he is). Mind you, if the comments on that Twitter feed are any measure of public opinion, he would be wise to think twice before continuing with more of that silliness.

At the end of the day he will do what he thinks best for his career (ie whatever his banking buddies want).

Bring it on, I'm so tired of waiting.

I suspect that TPTB are trying to engineer a soft landing. But should it begin to crash harder than they wish then clearly GO shown his hand with the kind of measures he has in mind (odious little sh!t that he is). Mind you, if the comments on that Twitter feed are any measure of public opinion, he would be wise to think twice before continuing with more of that silliness.

At the end of the day he will do what he thinks best for his career (ie whatever his banking buddies want).

He needs to bring forward the landlord tax as they call it, dragging it out over 5 years is pathetic when the deficit in this country is so great.

Funny how they don't bring in taxes for working plebs over 5 years, its straight in with the grab.

I don't think it's worth worrying about what Osborne will do - him and Cameron need to survive the fallout from whatever is the result of the referendum, and I think there's no guarantee that they'll manage to do that. I can see open revolt in government in the coming months, with a lot of very sharp knives coming out for those two ****** wits.

He needs to bring forward the landlord tax as they call it, dragging it out over 5 years is pathetic when the deficit in this country is so great.

Funny how they don't bring in taxes for working plebs over 5 years, its straight in with the grab.

HE wont do anything to crash the market.HE wants higher house prices.

HE is just trying to stop things getting out of hand by pretending to control the market.

HE doesnt seem to realise things were already out of hand in 2012 when HE started ramping prices using OUR TAXES./

Until HE is put in prison HE will keep going