House Price Crash Forum

Brexit Vote Is Irrelevant. M Ps Will Simply Vote It Down

R K

I doubt there's ever been a time in history where there's been such a compliant society. The modern version of civil unrest is a Facebook profile picture filter.

Depressingly true, but even there there comes a point at which things will break down. Probably something trivial though, like removing the access to Facebook (far worse than anything the EU might do!)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To ignore the result would be a dangerous course of action imo.

It would be proof to those who voted for Brexit that EU democracy is a sham, and therefore to vote leave was the correct decision. Increases the risk of civil disorder, probably not at first but eventually.

People tend to be passive when they have jobs and their stomachs are full – Given how shaky the world's economy is, how long is that going to remain the case?

They might hold a 2nd vote, dont think they would disregard vote as such...more likely just rig it.

I see them perhaps (for a long as they can bear, think months, not years) doing everything they can to harm the UK. French shipping in migrants across the channel, banks selling sterling, BoE puts rates up 5% as an faux 'emergency', bankers close banks to stopped manufactured 'runs', all European countries refuse to trade with UK, food shortages....then we are forced to hold another ref, our will broken. Which is what the EU wants, every disaster an opportunity. To make us come begging back. With friends like that, huh...

They will see it as losing a few billion in exchange for harvesting the UK of hundreds of billions over decades.

Cameron made it clear that this was not an option....

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-cameron-idUKKCN0Y81VK

Have any Brexiters read this and then decided to either not vote, or switch to a Remain vote?

Thought not.

I have a postal vote and have already cast it...... (out out out)

But if I didn't I would swim through a sea of vomit to make sure I voted in this referendum. For the first time in my 58 years life I really can help make a difference.......

But if I didn't I would swim through a sea of vomit to make sure I voted in this referendum. For the first time in my 58 years life I really can help make a difference.......

Im back in the UK but the previous week I'm in Iran so I have set my Dad up with a proxy vote - just in case!

OUT OUT OUT

They might hold a 2nd vote, dont think they would disregard vote as such...more likely just rig it.

I see them perhaps (for a long as they can bear, think months, not years) doing everything they can to harm the UK. French shipping in migrants across the channel, banks selling sterling, BoE puts rates up 5% as an faux 'emergency', bankers close banks to stopped manufactured 'runs', all European countries refuse to trade with UK, food shortages....then we are forced to hold another ref, our will broken. Which is what the EU wants, every disaster an opportunity. To make us come begging back. With friends like that, huh...

They will see it as losing a few billion in exchange for harvesting the UK of hundreds of billions over decades.

That assumes that the EZ is some tight well run club that has the ability to do that, it will be every country for itself if Brexit happens, the EZ is toast anyway with or without Brexit.

Am making sure mine goes in the box, I don't trust this system :)

Friends of mine are on a mission with this!

More detail on the possible establishment response in the event of Brexit:

Cameron's father-in-law: MPs will not allow Brexit to happen

David Cameron's father-in-law Viscount Astor says that a Brexit would never happen even if people vote for it because MPs have the final say and they would ultimately block such a move.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/07/eu-referendum-new-orb-poll-leave-brexit-campaign-closing-gap/ scroll down to 3.32pm.

article links to Spectator:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/the-eurosceptic-case-for-voting-remain/

Anyone reading that is going to be angry regardless of which way they intend to vote ,if it changes anyone's mind it will be the floaters or remainians

This.

My mum is as hardline remain as anyone could possibly me. She was livid that they were considering ignoring the will of the people and she's considering her vote.

More detail on the possible establishment response in the event of Brexit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/07/eu-referendum-new-orb-poll-leave-brexit-campaign-closing-gap/ scroll down to 3.32pm.

article links to Spectator:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/the-eurosceptic-case-for-voting-remain/

With no Brexit the LIBLABCON party will be wiped out at a snap election cause by rioting throughout the country.

UKIP will do an SNP imho.

With no Brexit the LIBLABCON party will be wiped out at a snap election cause by rioting throughout the country.

UKIP will do an SNP imho.

the best result is a decent vote to LEAVE, but one that is then ignored by MPs... However I'd like to hope that the people would then rise up, but lets be honest - the people of the UK are pretty docile (apart from some very loud 'tutting' in church halls up ands down the country)

There are people who are prepared to demonstrate but the anti-capapitalist scum crowd are (bizarrely) pro-EU... I'm not sure I can see the WI marching on Downing Street hurling pots of jam at the PM

southmartin, can you remember anything in recent history where the will of ~50% of the population is ignored? And of the other 50%, quite a few won't be too happy about it either.

Not really no. Well maybe every US election (as that's pretty much a 50:50 thing)

I want to agree with you - honesty I do, but I just don't think those who'd been wronged would be upset enough to actually do anything about it.

Maybe other posters might have an opinion, or suggest an example to clarify

southmartin, can you remember anything in recent history where the will of ~50% of the population is ignored? And of the other 50%, quite a few won't be too happy about it either.

Sorry for butting in, but reading about a snap election a few posts back reminded me of the GE 2015 results; conservatives with just under 37% ignored 63% of the population? :ph34r:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

Farage was on the radio yesterday afternoon and also commented about the MPs reneging on the referendum result (if a Brexit).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07dbh6h

1 hour and 9 minutes in.

"Absolutely disgraceful". "Biggest protest march in the history of this country" Kinnock etc would be "turfed out".

Edited by billybong

Continue registering to vote in EU referendum, David Cameron says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36476176

A very convienient website error yesterday is to be used as an excuse to extend the last voter registration date.

Young people are most likely to not be registered and also most likely to vote IN

Desperation, election fraud or an understandable 'these things happen' moment?