House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

Brexit Vote Is Irrelevant. M Ps Will Simply Vote It Down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36457120

Pro-Remain MPs are considering using their Commons majority to keep Britain inside the EU single market if there is a vote for Brexit, the BBC has learned.

The MPs fear a post-Brexit government might negotiate a limited free trade deal with the EU, which they say would damage the UK's economy.

There is a pro-Remain majority in the House of Commons of 454 MPs to 147.

The reality.

Johnson/gove even in government would be incapable of passing their Brexit legislation.

I don't think this will be an option. A clear referendum result to leave will give Parliament no choice. They will have to give effect to the will of the people - or there will be serious unrest.

Politicians are here to serve the people.

They are also very capable of performing u turns at will.

If we do get to the state of impasse I would suggest the rise of a new party EIP with a clear mandate.

To change our political system vote out.

I don't think this will be an option. A clear referendum result to leave will give Parliament no choice. They will have to give effect to the will of the people - or there will be serious unrest.

At the last election only 1 UKIP member of parliament was elected (and we was a Tory turncoat)

The UKIP voters did not go on a rampage of civil unrest.

UKIP got about 13% of the votes though. If they had got 49% and only 1 MP, I imagine there would have been quite substantial civil unrest.

I think there will be an early GE if the vote is close or Brexit wins.

I think there will be an early GE whatever, Cameron is toast within his party after his failed negotiations and then merging with the Greens, Labour and LIBdums.

More fearmongering and mind games my tinfoil hat is getting bigger by the day i think Cameron wants out

Playing games like this ,will lead to one response and that is feck you ....i can't believe these people can't see this...and god help us all if they can`t

Project fear`s performance so far

Another_UEPoll2_zpsszqvuxob.jpg

Another_UEPoll_zps5siph3mt.jpg

If the vote is Out and this government doesn't start the process, the next one will. However, I don't think anyone would risk such spectacular political suicide. The only point of this 'news' is to put Brexiters off voting. Your vote is irrelevant anyway, so why bother? However, if anything, it will only cement the Leave electorate and turn a lot of undecided into Outers, if the Leave camp plays it right.

Have any Brexiters read this and then decided to either not vote, or switch to a Remain vote?

Thought not.

Anyone reading that is going to be angry regardless of which way they intend to vote ,if it changes anyone's mind it will be the floaters or remainians

Roll out the guillotine!

I think there will be uproar if this happens - problem is we can't vote them out until 2020.

We do whatever our dear leader and all the NGOs, BBC, universities and banksters tell us is good for us. Up is down, left is right. I doubt there's ever been a time in history where there's been such a compliant society. The modern version of civil unrest is a Facebook profile picture filter.

Why's this a surprise? Many people on this site an elsewhere (me included) said this would happen months ago if Brexit won. The upside of parliament ignoring the vote would be that Scotland would, I assume, unilaterally decide to leave the Union once they'd seen that referenda results can be ignored, but that's slim picking really.

Farage vs Cameron later in the week just got a lot more interesting

I don't think this contest is head to head - more like QT with the leaders taking it in turns to answer questions. No way would TPTB let Cameron the lamb into the den with Farage.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/669473/Nigel-Farage-David-Cameron-Brexit-EU-referendum-debate

They might hold a 2nd vote, dont think they would disregard vote as such...more likely just rig it.

I see them perhaps (for a long as they can bear, think months, not years) doing everything they can to harm the UK. French shipping in migrants across the channel, banks selling sterling, BoE puts rates up 5% as an faux 'emergency', bankers close banks to stopped manufactured 'runs', all European countries refuse to trade with UK, food shortages....then we are forced to hold another ref, our will broken. Which is what the EU wants, every disaster an opportunity. To make us come begging back. With friends like that, huh...

They will see it as losing a few billion in exchange for harvesting the UK of hundreds of billions over decades.

I don't think this contest is head to head - more like QT with the leaders taking it in turns to answer questions. No way would TPTB let Cameron the lamb into the den with Farage.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/669473/Nigel-Farage-David-Cameron-Brexit-EU-referendum-debate

I thought it was to good to be true like you say lams to the slaughter

Why's this a surprise? Many people on this site an elsewhere (me included) said this would happen months ago if Brexit won. The upside of parliament ignoring the vote would be that Scotland would, I assume, unilaterally decide to leave the Union once they'd seen that referenda results can be ignored, but that's slim picking really.

Missed your post - not surprising since there are lots of Brexit posts popping up all over the site. :)

They might hold a 2nd vote, dont think they would disregard vote as such...more likely just rig it.

I see them perhaps (for a long as they can bear, think months, not years) doing everything they can to harm the UK. French shipping in migrants across the channel, banks selling sterling, BoE puts rates up 5% as an faux 'emergency', bankers close banks to stopped manufactured 'runs', all European countries refuse to trade with UK, food shortages....then we are forced to hold another ref, our will broken. Which is what the EU wants, every disaster an opportunity. To make us come begging back. With friends like that, huh...

They will see it as losing a few billion in exchange for harvesting the UK of hundreds of billions over decades.

I think the UK`s sikey is fight not surrender and forgive and forget is even less likely,basically we have always got our @re`s in our hands when Johnny foreigner comes throwing their weight around

The carrot works far better than the stick when it comes to the British

Edited by long time lurking