House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
long time lurking

Brexit Could Cause Mortgages To Rise Says Cameron

He's doing all he can to make sure no one under 45 who has been priced out will ever vote for the Tory party.

Along with anti EU Tory voters which is the majority of them.

So for the next two plus weeks YOUR HOUSE PRICE WILL FALL, MORTGAGE WILL INCREASE, JOBS WILL GO. FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR

I would have thought after 40 years of the EU then they would have something good to say about it.

Like... ....Erm. Well..... Ah!.... No..... There's..... What about ..... Hmm....

It's almost like the EU is a shower of $hit raining excrement down on everybody.

Fear fear fear is the name of the game. Now there may be a bit of a point to it, in the short term at least some economic cost is not implausible, but the way that's being played... I'm pleased to say it's not working on me, my reaction is still "So?" Buying less tat isn't a bad thing.

I think they are realising that the earlier threat (err...sorry 'claim') that house prices would fall significantly has the risk of backfiring on them - as the number of people who would love to see this is enough to tip the balance in favour of Brexit.

So instead they very cleverly present the other side of the coin and threaten higher mortgage rates - which incidentally I can easily see as the pound will take a pounding if Brexit it is.

We'll see which scares the masses more. Lower house prices or higher mortgages.

'Could'.

What's the mortgage rate in Switzerland?

Indeed. But, then again, they have something resembling a sound and functioning economy. Don't they?

'Could'.

What's the mortgage rate in Switzerland?

Yes - the world could end tomorrow but on the other hand it probably won't.

Why doesn't he say will - because if it's only could it is therefore BS.

So for the next two plus weeks YOUR HOUSE PRICE WILL FALL, MORTGAGE WILL INCREASE, JOBS WILL GO. FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR

Yeah, makes you want to vote opposite what they want you to vote if that is who will be in charge!!!.....not doing themselves any favours imo....fear is not something I would want to live with. ;)

First time buyers could expect to pay £810 more per year, Remain added, making it harder for people to get on the housing ladder.

:o

I think they are realising that the earlier threat (err...sorry 'claim') that house prices would fall significantly has the risk of backfiring on them - as the number of people who would love to see this is enough to tip the balance in favour of Brexit.

So instead they very cleverly present the other side of the coin and threaten higher mortgage rates - which incidentally I can easily see as the pound will take a pounding if Brexit it is.

We'll see which scares the masses more. Lower house prices or higher mortgages.

More people rent, stay at home, have paid off their mortgage or have a manageable mortgage that won`t hurt them too much if rates rise than people who bought into the bubble mortgage dream. All groups will be hurt though if migrants take their job or make jobs harder to find, that is the psychology that will run many people`s thinking at this stage IMO. If the inevitable collapse happens in the EZ at a later date, we are going to have a much tougher time than if we exit now. Gove came across better than Cameron in the Sky debates, but I can`t help thinking that Cameron is playing for an exit as well with all the nonsense he is spouting?

I would have thought after 40 years of the EU then they would have something good to say about it.

Like... ....Erm. Well..... Ah!.... No..... There's..... What about ..... Hmm....

It's almost like the EU is a shower of $hit raining excrement down on everybody.

Thats good I'll write that down, sums the whole thing up in one sentence.

If it was that good the referendum and the question would never have arisen at all!

More people rent, stay at home, have paid off their mortgage or have a manageable mortgage that won`t hurt them too much if rates rise than people who bought into the bubble mortgage dream. All groups will be hurt though if migrants take their job or make jobs harder to find, that is the psychology that will run many people`s thinking at this stage IMO. If the inevitable collapse happens in the EZ at a later date, we are going to have a much tougher time than if we exit now. Gove came across better than Cameron in the Sky debates, but I can`t help thinking that Cameron is playing for an exit as well with all the nonsense he is spouting?

Phew and i thought it was only me thinking this

How does that work then? Is he assuming prices stay the same then? If not and they adjust accordingly, then one's deposit goes much further and you own more of the house from the get go.

It could also push the BTL 'industry' over the edge and a flood of property would enter the market.

He is just going through the motions of saying sound-bites that may or may not connect with certain sections of the public, all part of the panto. Cameron`s next move will involve some kind of work (well paid) for a big bank or international institute of some sort so he is sticking to the agreed "stronger together" line, Gove and co. on the other hand are jockeying for political power after the vote so are running with the "stand up for Britain!" line. It was interesting how critical Gove was of JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs in the Sky debate, Cameron won`t do stuff like that at this stage of his career. The public will be played by the puppet masters whatever happens, but an outbreak of real democracy in the EZ would certainly break a few strings and cause worry in certain quarters IMO.

Edited by dances with sheeple

Fear is how Cameron won the Referendum and fear is how Cameron won the General Election. Played the fear card over SNP/Labour alliance. Actually it was his spin doctor who masterminded the whole idea. He's playing it again. Let's hope his luck has finally run out

Fear is how Cameron won the Referendum and fear is how Cameron won the General Election. Played the fear card over SNP/Labour alliance. Actually it was his spin doctor who masterminded the whole idea. He's playing it again. Let's hope his luck has finally run out

I do wonder what will happen if England votes to leave and its Scotland, Wales and N Ireland who keep us in.

UKIP evolving into the EIP party?

just watched the BBC news, it is so unbeivably biased beyond belief.

+1 on that!

I was listening to radio 5L this morning and they had back to back remain-ers on talking shyte. I had to get out of bed, get dressed, put my shoes on and then find next doors cat and kick it!

The so called "unbiased" BBC is a f**king joke. Hope they all rot in Manchester Hell.

The BBC are a total disgrace on the EU reporting mind you they do get funding from them and threatned by the Gov so should we be surprised