House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stuckin2up2down

Gordon Brown Is Back To Tell Us Not To Vote Out

I remember well his snidey little act at Lisbon Treaty, signing away more of our rights (sovereignty). Arriving late to try to avoid the group photo - like a dog who knows he's done wrong.

Then of course there is Gordonomics.

I remember well his snidey little act at Lisbon Treaty, signing away more of our rights (sovereignty). Arriving late to try to avoid the group photo - like a dog who knows he's done wrong.

Haha! I'd forgotten Gordonomics .. must try harder!

Though to be fair most of the world was almost as insane as us at the time, so perhaps his worst crime is to be swept up by the madness of crowds. He's probably a little too involved to be able to claim it was a popular delusion not of his own making though.

That said - I was completely not fooled at any point .. and you can check my audited track record / statements to the IMF (I got one line in the 2008 blame assigning global stability report .. produced in 2007 .. apparently - still have a copy somewhere) / general rants to anybody that would stand around long enough to listen (not usually the IMF).

So there is no need to go easy on him at all. After all .. in his own words - he saved the world.

Edit: Edited to add some extra delusion.

Edited by Kinky John

I'm making a little list of all the people I don't like who are telling me Remain is the way to go.

1. Michael O'Leary

2. Jamie Dimon

3. Gordon Brown

4. Tony Blair

5. Neil Kinnock

Anything the above say just tells me I'd better think the opposite.

I'm making a little list of all the people I don't like who are telling me Remain is the way to go.

1. Michael O'Leary

2. Jamie Dimon

3. Gordon Brown

4. Tony Blair

5. Neil Kinnock

6. Owen Jones. Trust me, you don't like Owen Jones.

Gordon Brown still labouring under the idea that anyone actually cares what he thinks?

He's a lunatic. Should be locked up.

I welcome his return :rolleyes: , should help with brexit!

...hah..hah..'remain' scraping the barrel now...... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

I really don't know why he`s wandering around in Coventry for.

It seems to me that if we had surrendered to Germany at the start of WW2 then they could just taken over.....something Gordon would have enjoyed.

I`m surprised that this is turning into something deeply profound with 50% voting for no change and 50% passionately wanting change.

The 3 political parties and the BBC have deserted us.....This is what needs to be rebuilt and it will take 30 years. After the 23 rd nothing will be the same again.

It seems to me that if we had surrendered to Germany at the start of WW2 then they could just taken over.....something Gordon would have enjoyed.

I`m surprised that this is turning into something deeply profound with 50% voting for no change and 50% passionately wanting change.

The 3 political parties and the BBC have deserted us.....This is what needs to be rebuilt and it will take 30 years. After the 23 rd nothing will be the same again.

Agree, whatever way it goes nothing will be the same after the 23rd.

If we remain in I think there is more chance of us being dragged into a European civil war and as Europe implodes If I was of non EU origin I think I would pack up and move out ASAP.

On balance we are better off out as everything will be more manageable and our politicians will have to work for a living.

I personally think a lot of them like the abdication of responsibility as it lets those with little ability blag their way through their political careers.

...I personally think a lot of them like the abdication of responsibility as it lets those with little ability blag their way through their political careers....

...too true ..Cameron is already guilty as many of his 'special agreements' are issues he couldn't be bothered arranging before... but were there awaiting application...easy to blame 'Brussels' ...and from Scotland etc ...'Westminster'..... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

You make an interesting point, if we remain by 51-49%, I can see a new party with all the leave lot starting up and winning the next election and we leave anyway. The political landscape has change, all politician's are the same that we currently have. Edited by GreenDevil

Agree, whatever way it goes nothing will be the same after the 23rd.

If we remain in I think there is more chance of us being dragged into a European civil war and as Europe implodes If I was of non EU origin I think I would pack up and move out ASAP.

On balance we are better off out as everything will be more manageable and our politicians will have to work for a living.

I personally think a lot of them like the abdication of responsibility as it lets those with little ability blag their way through their political careers.

the european civil war is basically a squabble between france and germany for supremacy of the continent.

france still hankers after a new napoleon, and really detests british supremacy, but is frankly of little use when up against a spiritually charged opponent such as a new hitler.(this time I think that accolade belongs to turkey rather than germany, which is why it is utter madness to admit them into the EU)

if the EU press on with that, we MUST leave.end of story.Europe is going to regret that.

germany without doubt will wear the trousers on the continent, but there are 2 germany's

they are either really,really good

or really really bad.

Did the remain campaign ask him to do this or did the narcissistic sociopath dumbass (allegedly - I read it somewhere ;-) ) do it of his own accord?

If he was asked, I cannot imagine picking a more compelling person to turn remainers into leavers. Kudos to the Brexit agent who got this commissioned!

1. Michael O'Leary

2. Jamie Dimon

3. Gordon Brown

4. Tony Blair

5. Neil Kinnock

What about Emma Thompson? Who else saw her piece, contemptuously slagging off her own country while exhorting us to vote 'remain'? God save us from so called bien-pensant leftie bloody luvvies...

Can't stand the woman - and for my money, her sister Sophie is a MILES better actress.

^

"Soon we will be the strongest economy in europe"

All down to him? It's got to be a wind up but apparently not.

How soon - this year, next year, ten years time, next century, never?

"We" - the top 1%?

Define "strongest economy" - the one with the highest house prices, the one with the tiniest houses, the one with the most debt, the one with the most zero hour contracts, the one with the most crooked politicians and bankers, the one that can't control its own borders, the one that's been recently called most corrupt country in the world ...?

Edited by billybong

+1

and repeatedly refusing to admit that the treaty transferred sovereignty to the eu.

Repeatedly claiming that the changes in the treaty were only minor technical changes - so no need for a referendum. Lies more massive even than during the "Common Market" vote in 1975 - and that's saying something.

Mind you the Bremain lies for this referendum are for sure the biggest most massive since records began.

Edited by billybong

Define "strongest economy" - the one with the highest house prices, the one with the tiniest houses, the one with the most debt, the one with the most zero hour contracts, the one with the most crooked politicians and bankers, the one that can't control its own borders, the one that's been recently called most corrupt country in the world ...?

These are all things engineered by our own home grown politicians, nothing to do with the EU.

These are all things engineered by our own home grown politicians, nothing to do with the EU.

If the EU hadn't taken away all the other levers then they wouldn't have to resort to these cheap tricks.

How would you like to drive the UK car when the EU has control of the steering wheel and throttle while all you have is the horn?

Beep! Beep!

I'm not claiming they are all necessarily directly or solely to do with the eu (British politicians have a lot to answer for as well) - they are a measure of the soon to be the strongest economy in europe.

The border control and need for border control is to do with the eu - perhaps the others less directly so - however they still managed to achieve/maintain/be led to do those things after decades of eu and are a measure of the soon to be the strongest economy in europe - relative to others. Compared to the promises made during the Common Market vote and Britain in those days it's a real decline.

Maybe I should have added 25th in the GDP per Capita league a real relative decline since entering the Common Market and a percentage manufacturing sector as a measure typically less than Zimbabwe and Afghanistan. Some way to go.

Edited by billybong

I'm not claiming they are all necessarily directly or solely to do with the eu (British politicians have a lot to answer for as well) - they are a measure of the soon to be the strongest economy in europe.

The border control and need for border control is to do with the eu - perhaps the others less directly so - however they still managed to achieve/maintain/be led to do those things after decades of eu and are a measure of the soon to be the strongest economy in europe - relative to others. Compared to the promises made during the Common Market vote and Britain in those days it's a real decline.

Maybe I should have added 25th in the GDP per Capita league a real relative decline since entering the Common Market and a percentage manufacturing sector as a measure typically less than Zimbabwe and Afghanistan. Some way to go.

Channel 4 News pointed out that most immigration this last year was from outside the EU. That suggests that British governments either cannot control any immigration from inside or outside the EU, or they deliberately choose not to control immigration. Pro-immigration Boris Johnson is not going to do anything for you you know. You're being taken for a ride big time.