House Price Crash Forum

The Euros 2016

OnionTerror

HOLA441
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It's not certain yet that the Brazil Olympics will go ahead.

I still feel that the Russian World Cup in 2018 will run into the buffers.

Could we have reached a stage where major international sporting events no longer are feasible?

I would wager the Brazil Olympics will go ahead regardless of flood, pestilence or famine since there is so much advertising and TV money up for grabs by the crooks who largely run these sporting jamborees. The Russian World Cup is going to face 'political challenges' but will also probably be staged though possibly minus a few countries

HOLA443

It's not certain yet that the Brazil Olympics will go ahead.

I still feel that the Russian World Cup in 2018 will run into the buffers.

Could we have reached a stage where major international sporting events no longer are feasible?

Not with the WC...FIFA made $2.6bn profit from Brazil 2014...They even got the Brazilian govt to change the legislation, so that they could sell Beer during WC matches, and appease their sponsors, such as Budweiser..

HOLA444

I've been watching Welbeck since he was a united youngster and he's what I would class as 'gash'. At the top level you can't afford a forward that never scores. Kane and Vardy starting with Rooney slotting in behind will be the forward line. On form that's not a bad line-up at all.

I was watching the Euro '96 documentary the other night, it's hard to believe that the side we had then wasn't particularly highly regarded, when we had Shearer and Sheringham up front, Platt, Gazza, Ince and Anderton in midfield and Neville, Southgate, Adams and Pearce in defence. If we were taking that team this year we'd be up amongst the favourites.

Welbeck can't score for England? You sure? 14 in 35 says otherwise.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Got to be careful with International scoring records, many of the teams are barely more than part-timers.

I'd be much happier having Kane and Vardy up front.

True hence Rooney's record. However Welbeck has actually managed to score in tournaments and decent opposition.

Kane and Vardy are the best two strikers (Sturidge lol). Yet England play best 433. That means sticking Vardy on the wing where even against San Marino, it simply doesn't work.

That's why Welbeck is such an important player, as he can play across the entire forward line.

All our best performances have been with him on the side, some of our worst without him.

As it proved against 10 men Portugal, Kane and Vardy look like Lampard and Gerrard paradox all over again. It's one or the other down the centre for me, and that would be Kane.

That also means picking Sterling, a chronically overrated player and Lallana. However It's balance and cohesion of a team, not just a question of picking the 11 best players on paper.

unfortunately this has been lost on England as no manager either has the balls or permission to drop certain players, even if they're out of position.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

What about 3-5-2 ?

Flying wing backs in Walker and Rose.

Yes it can work against some teams. The disadvantage can be that clever teams like Italy or Spain can pin the wingers back and make it more 5 3 2 or force one of the three out wide, to create a gap in the centre.

Having said that, I would expect Italy and Spain to beat us 9 times out of 10 in competitive matches whatever formation we used.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

We could go 1 1 8

If we ever get the ball up their end we`d be quids in and if all else fails there`s some potential sponsorship there to be had.

Seriously, I think they`ll be back before the laughter has died down.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I would drop Rooney. Hasn't done anything at all for the last 2-3 years for club or country. Alli every time. For one thing, he'll have understanding with other Spurs players in the team linking midfield to Kane.

Welbeck, Sturridge and Rooney ahve been totally buggering up the team for the last few years...good riddance to the lot of em. Welbeck's scoring record for England flatters to deceive, when it matter he does not know where the net is and bigs up his record on the minnows and my granny and the crocked 11. Never have I seen an England striker with a poorer vision of where the goal is. Sturrige is almost as clueless in front of goal lacking the killer instinct of Vardy and Kane and the likes of Shearer and Lineker before them.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Problem is hardly anyone on the premiership play it. And no one in international football either. Not saying it won't come back but..

What goes around comes around !

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I want to see England scrape out of the group by scoring lots of goals and conceding almost as many. That would be the most fun and entertaining.

I have a very bad feeling they are gonna be embarrassing again.

Rooney just annoys me. His goal record is not that impressive all things considered. He's just played crap loads of games. I seriously don't know what he's done for England in the past decade.

They looked crap in the warm up friendlies but you all might be looking to Wales for your football entertainment. At least I hope so. Bale can score some whoppers. I mean genuinely top drawer stuff.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Im going for Italy to the quarters at better than evens. Think that's a good bet. Their route isn't the most difficult. They haven't been great but a lot of single goal victories in qualifying - its what they do. 18-1 to win the thing seems rather high as well.

£100

HOLA4423

I would fvucking love to see Rooney on the bench amd coming on as an impact player.

P

Yes, start him on the bench and build a sensible attack from players who are in form, not mess about with everyone just to lever Rooney into the team.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived