House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

The New Online Economy - Chaturbate!

Anyone "come" across this?

Video bloggers and couples are using this as a "bit on the side" income.

Basically it's like youtube, but erm more "adult".

People can perform solo and talk to the camera - so if you are lonely in your new build shoebox, you and your smartphone are not alone any more.

If you're good looking, and have a fit body, well endowed/blessed by god, you'll be alright.

Some people earn about $100 for an hour of work. Some earn $100 offline until they next appear.

People tip the bloggers and cam show performers tokens. 2000 tokens = $100. Chaturbate already take their 50% cut.

Sex is one of the few reliable earners on the internet that doesn't involve selling physical products.

I'm surprised that there is such a market though; it can't all be lonely old Tim Peake up there in his space bus.

I am also quite surprised as there is so much free stuff available.

I just don't see why you would pay for it.

Wonder if it has links back to the real-world economy - i.e. work on Chaturbate, it brings in peanuts, but it allows you to connect with "fans" who then arrange to meet in the Real World and then... things happen, but that cannot be discussed on this site as we don't discuss filthy things!

I've no idea if that's the case - it's just that it seems to be common on YouTube. For example, dancers or musicians put out demos/tuition videos basically to advertise their bricks-and-mortar business. So I immediately wondered if the same thing happens on Chaturbate.

Probably the same reason you go to strip joints - a higher level of interaction

Yes I suppose so. But onscreen is still onscreen. Real life is a different level entirely.

Private shows aside, Chaturbate is mostly free as tipping is optional, err .. so I've heard. It's like a virtual titty bar, without the need to buy drinks.

But I only go to titty bars for the drinks!

Yes I suppose so. But onscreen is still onscreen. Real life is a different level entirely.

It's a spectrum

Page 3

Sunday Sport

Penthouse

Hustler

the various tubes

Strip bar

Private dance

Going to a tom

You pays your money, you takes your choice

Please let me know if I've missed any CCC!

Yeah I've used it. I find it terribly interesting for about 15 minutes, then all of a sudden I lose interest.

It's a spectrum

Page 3

Sunday Sport

Penthouse

Hustler

the various tubes

Strip bar

Private dance

Going to a tom

You pays your money, you takes your choice

Please let me know if I've missed any CCC!

Wanna be p@rn director

It`s a site that you can get more than you bargained for,as i found out a couple of year ago

Wow. I think however that most people were assuming watching it rather than featuring in it.

Wow. I think however that most people were assuming watching it rather than featuring in it.

Nope wrong end of the stick , but someone working for the same company as me ,it`s a bit disconcerting when you see someone you know giving their miss`es a good seeing too ,even if she was a real looker

Nope wrong end of the stick , but someone working for the same company as me ,it`s a bit disconcerting when you see someone you know giving their miss`es a good seeing too ,even if she was a real looker

It would! Anonymity, on both sides, is such a given that it breaking through into the real world would be a shock.

It would! Anonymity, on both sides, is such a given that it breaking through into the real world would be a shock.

I don`t know if it was an error on their part or whether they are exobishonists that could not care less (there was no way i was asking ) as from what i can make out there are settings to stop the performers shows from being broadcast in the country of their origin ,i was glad the job was short term

BTW it`s not a cam to cam site ,it`s live p@rn and free to view

Going through the blog of the site, the record tip for tokens is 33,333, which I make to be about $1,666. It was to a solo Romanian performer, and that would probably go a long way over there.

Who needs EU immigration!?

(33,333/2000)*100= $1,666

---Actually, this IS the new economy. Bad news for the human traffickers, and people coerced into this industry. All you need now is a internet connection, a cheap laptop and webcam, and you can setup your own shop.

This (and tindr, and I guess online gaming to an extent too) according to my mate, is why town centre pubs and clubs are pretty empty nowadays, with remaining customers ageing about 45-60. All the young are cavorting over webcams to each other!

Once those videos are on the internet however, they are copied and other people might make money off them. I cant think that many people are going to 'get rich' of such endeavors. I think its more a social than economic thing.

Going through the blog of the site, the record tip for tokens is 33,333, which I make to be about $1,666. It was to a solo Romanian performer, and that would probably go a long way over there.

I wonder what she did to earn that kinda fee?

From what I can remember a lot of the girls on it seem like reasonably well to do, confident, white middle class American girls - seems to fly in the face of the 'exploitation' that some would assume is happening.

EDIT: does anyone know what the average 'per hour' earnings are for a good looking girl on Chaturbate are?

Going through the blog of the site, the record tip for tokens is 33,333, which I make to be about $1,666. It was to a Romanian performer, and that would probably go a long way over there.

Who needs EU immigration!?

(33,333/2000)*100= $1,666

---Actually, this IS the new economy. Bad news for the human traffickers, and people coerced into this industry. All you need now is a internet connection, a cheap laptop and webcam, and you can setup your own shop.

When i first stumbled upon the site i could not figure out what the tipping system/chat side of it was all about (p@rn was always vids ) ,but a bit of googling lead me to a cam performers forum ,there was a lot of unhappy performers saying they were getting ripped off ...i think a lot of it was down to hackers hacking into the token/ tipping system and selling them for a fraction of the cost

I wonder what she did to earn that kinda fee?

From what I can remember a lot of the girls on it seem like reasonably well to do, confident, white middle class American girls - seems to fly in the face of the 'exploitation' that some would assume is happening.

EDIT: does anyone know what the average 'per hour' earnings are for a good looking girl on Chaturbate are?

Even if i see them again i`m not asking

I have not come across this particular site.