House Price Crash Forum

Is The Site Slowing Down?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I have given nine years of wisdom, and 3 millenium of sh1te. What good are the Romans eh? :huh:

HOLA446
HOLA447

I thought it was God's way of punishing us for talking about burstable servers.

More work units needed ;)

Yes, it has had some noticeable slowdowns for the last two evenings, and went offline altogether at one point last night for a few minutes.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

All you lot like embedding videos. Slows the loading up a whole lot! Please don't. I like your wit and wisdom, but the videos slow the page down no end.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Embedded videos use bandwidth of the site that hosts them though

They seem to slow the loading of the thread, whether you watch them or not. Anyone web-wise here?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Yep, the videos use the bandwidth of the site but this site then has to go and make lots of calls to that site. When a link to a youtube video comes down it brings a whole host of other links with it.

The worst site for this is the image intensive Daily Mail which brings down vast numbers of photos, links and then links to links, plus all the social media links. The Daily Mail pages take ages to load on my PCs and it is ruddy annoying when I click on a link there, thinking that the page has finished downloading all its guff but it has not, and then I get taken to a completely different story link.

They seem to have poor image control as well as sometimes someone uploads an image that has not been fine-tuned for the web and you can get a page of images which each is a very large file size.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I think you'll find that winkie has a song to sum that up.

I hope not! It will slow the site down. :blink:

Archived