House Price Crash Forum

Faisal Islam

cool_hand

Pretty much the definition of an abusive relationship.

If you leave I will hurt you...I will make your existence harder than it has to be as punishment for leaving. If you stay you will be much better off, I can change...

Wouldn't it be nice if they just said "Ok you want to leave? it's going to be tough on you for a bit but as your European neighbours we respect your sovereign rights to determine your own way of life. We will help where we can, good luck"

Considering the anti European bile being spouted by both sides in the UK campaign why would you expect a "nice reply" ???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesnt. It only follows the rules it chooses

Perfectly clear in their ongoing treatment of greece, a supposedly equal sovereign member of the EU. Merkel followed exactly the same method in "negotiations" with Cameron over immigrant benefits.

germany doesnt believe creditor and debtor nations are equal. germany will never enter into full banking union or give full support to common EU debt.

I actually support many of the aims of an "EU" but not this version of it. Since germany will never change I therefore prefer to be outside of it. If there is to be another European war it will happen in any event.

The fiat decision by Merkel to suspend unilaterally the Dublin Accord on refugees being a prime example. It was only rubber stamped by the EU afterwards

EU foreign policy is all about Germany's geopoltiical aims from Greece to the Ukraine and Russia.

In may ways it echoes what they attempted in 1914 and 1939 using money and political institutions rather than guns

The fundamental lack of democratic accountability in the EU enables this situation

The arguments were all set about by Tony Benn, Peter Shore and Enoch Powell back in 1975 far more succinctly than any modern politician can manage.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

Completely agree.

Germany is the elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. The "EU" is essentially code for German hegemony in Europe.

You can be damned sure if/when Germany decides to exit the Euro/EU they wont be asking UK for permission/approval

+1

I presume you are including the fact that Cameron talks about the 'bloodbaths in Europe during the last century' whilst not mentioning Germany's aggressor role and territorial ambitions, particularly in WW2!

A few seconds googling: LINK.

Thanks for the link.

I knew of those minutes and some if not all of those meetings are even video recorded. For example Farage is often on eu video. Those meetings are more like Treasury Select Meetings - plenty of talk and even minutes and video but no authority.

However I meant the meetings where the actual decisions are made. For example the meetings deciding the eu will allow mass immigration in the millions etc etc - and everyone has to comply and take some. For example in Parliament you see them lining up for the Yeas and the Nays etc.

Edited by billybong

Bloomberg ‏@business 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: JPMorgan may cut "as many as 4,000 jobs" if #Brexit happens, CEO Jamie Dimon says http://bloom.bg/1XVjsMF

good for Osbornes "rebalancing"

Jamie Dimon is in Bournemouth with Gidiot campaigning for us to stay in the EU.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14534902.George_Osborne_and_Jamie_Dimon_join_forces_at_JP_Morgan_to_say_Brexit_s_bad_for_Britain/

The Neoliberals who have financially raped Britain are getting scared.

Mr Osborne is sharing a platform at JP Morgan with the firm's chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon.

That would go down well in a room full of young people en route to being burger flippers.

Oh - he was actually speaking to a room full of JP Morgan bankers - then it becomes more clear.

Edited by billybong

That would go down well in a room full of young people en route to being burger flippers.

Oh - he was actually speaking to a room full of JP Morgan bankers - then it becomes more clear.

Yup, extraordinary to have your boss pitch up at your workplace, with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, to tell you how to vote with the threat of redundancy!

Banker values.

The Bangladesh genocide took place in 1971, 26 years after WW2.

Having volunteers in a war does not equate to having your country occupied afterwards (by the Red Army). It's not equal to 50 years of forced communism. It's not equal to having members of your family deported to Siberia.

Sitting on your butt in London and heckling the elected prime minister of a country that took in your family does not equate to being a civilized human being.

If I'd be involved in a debate, I'd wait for the other side to finish expressing their thoughts and I'd then try to tell them why I think they're wrong (if I thought they were wrong, of course). I wouldn't try to speak OVER them, interrupt and not let them finish their ideas hoping to look cool. But, like I said. Rubber dinghy rapids.

The politicians are trained/coached to keep talking whilst repeating mantras e.g. long term economic plan, safer in the single market, etc.

If you watch it again you will notice the Eng. Lit. woman criticises him for interrupting other people; as well as for waffling!

Cameron interrupts to head off potential questions which may be damaging or just to get more mantras in. Cameron interrupted FI, about migration figures (I think) before the question was completed and took control of that exchange - FI did get control back but it was far from seamless as per the comment about cue cards.

The decline in the integrity of politicians conducting themselves through the media is not limited to the UK. Behind the scenes, in the green room for VI, there are rows of communication advisers feeding on taxpayers' nibbles

Cameron is a traitor and a Quisling. Churchill described his kind with characteristic phlegm:

"A vile race of Quislings—to use a new word which will carry the scorn of mankind down the centuries—is hired to fawn upon the conqueror, to collaborate in his designs and to enforce his rule upon their fellow countrymen while grovelling low themselves." He used the term again in an address to both houses of Congress in the United States of America on 26 December 1941. Commenting upon the effect of a number of Allied victories against Axis forces, and moreover the United States’ decision to enter the war, Churchill opined that; "Hope has returned to the hearts of scores of millions of men and women, and with that hope there burns the flame of anger against the brutal, corrupt invader. And still more fiercely burn the fires of hatred and contempt for the filthy Quislings whom he has suborned."

Yes but it was different back then, in Churchill's day it was a group of violent anti Semitic thugs trying to destroy democracy.

Now we have a group of violent anti Semitic thugs trying to destroy democracy cultural enrichment.

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

The Chancellor said: "What you do here, every day you trade close to a trillion dollars through Bournemouth.

"You make a massive contribution to the British economy."

.. when the banks aren't asking for $trillions of bail outs and a hefty chunk of up front freshly printed up money. Somehow the likes of Osborne always seem to forget that.

It would be JP Morgan Chase so there would be a good chance that A Blair would be there as a senior member of staff. He could have had a good chat with Osborne about possible joint plans to wreck the UK economy some more and the next revolving door.

Edited by billybong

+1

I presume you are including the fact that Cameron talks about the 'bloodbaths in Europe during the last century' whilst not mentioning Germany's aggressor role and territorial ambitions, particularly in WW2!

There have been a number of attempts to create a 'European Union' from Napoleon onwards

Most have perished in the snows of Russia taking millions of dead with them

With regard to the EU there are no legislative assemblies comparable to the US Congress or Senate . The European Parliament is essentially made up of people elected from a list of people supplied by the political parties (i. e you end up voting for a party not a person) and has no power of legislative initiative so it can not itself propose laws. It mainly rubber stamps legislation put to it via the Commission and the Council of ministers

Edited by stormymonday_2011

The Greeks have a very different recent history than the UK (military dictatorship, active foreign threats, poorly developed economy). Given their perspective, it makes sense for the EU to have wide support in Greece.

Britain is one of the few European counties never to have been run by Fascists or Communists.

Yet our opinions seem to be ignored by our neighbours that have been.

Jamie Dimon is in Bournemouth with Gidiot campaigning for us to stay in the EU.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14534902.George_Osborne_and_Jamie_Dimon_join_forces_at_JP_Morgan_to_say_Brexit_s_bad_for_Britain/

The Neoliberals who have financially raped Britain are getting scared.

Pretty rich coming in a week when 12,000 jobs have gone at BHS and Austin Reed.

But then I forget the EU's purpose is to create and protect jobs for bureaucrats, bankers and politicians not its citizens

+1

It's pretty embarrassing that Britain via the likes of Dave will take shelter in the argument about possible war when other possibly smaller and less influential countries which are part of the same land mass as the eu and on the fringes of Germany and near Russia are quite prepared to go it alone and not join the eu and have been able to cut their own satisfactory deals leading to better or similar GDP per Capita than Britain etc.

All that stuff that British people have had to accept in the past about stiff upper lip, the British spirit, chin up, the bulldog spirit - shame on you Dave and the rest of your pals

Edited by billybong

The fiat decision by Merkel to suspend unilaterally the Dublin Accord on refugees being a prime example. It was only rubber stamped by the EU afterwards

EU foreign policy is all about Germany's geopoltiical aims from Greece to the Ukraine and Russia.

In may ways it echoes what they attempted in 1914 and 1939 using money and political institutions rather than guns

The fundamental lack of democratic accountability in the EU enables this situation

The arguments were all set about by Tony Benn, Peter Shore and Enoch Powell back in 1975 far more succinctly than any modern politician can manage.

This is worth listening to when it comes to your point of view (spookley concise )

Dish face had a new one ripped .... love him or hate him Farage will tear him apart in next week`s head to head

Yup. Cameron has had it easy. Most of his time as leader he's been up against the, er, formidable debating skills of Brown, Milliband and Corbyn. None of whom are exactly 'natural' debaters. Farage on the other hand, is like a bull in a china shop. He wont give cameron a seconds rest.

Yup. Cameron has had it easy. Most of his time as leader he's been up against the, er, formidable debating skills of Brown, Milliband and Corbyn. None of whom are exactly 'natural' debaters. Farage on the other hand, is like a bull in a china shop. He wont give cameron a seconds rest.

The really telling part for me was when the lass from the audience pulled him up on not answering her question he started to get really flustered/panicked

Heads up on round 2!

Earlier today Michael Gove said he was nervous about tonight. He said:
I’m quite nervous because I’ve never done anything like this before but the main thing is I have been chosen to make sure that people have a chance to hear the Vote Leave message, so the main thing that I want do is to try to get across the essence of our case.
And of course Faisal Islam is a tough interrogator and I’m sure that he will challenge me to make the case as to how life will be a bit different and better if we were outside the European Union, and I’m sure there will be some worries from members of the audience about what leaving might mean.
I hope to be able to paint a positive picture of life outside and allay people’s fears.

Ding! Ding!