House Price Crash Forum

Poll On The Eu

HovelinHove

There's a big divide in the UK: those who are affected DIRECTLY by mass immigration and those who aren't. I'm guessing a lot of Remainers are well-off, live in the sticks, far away from the inner-town/city Eastern Euro HMOs, and Remainers aren't what we used to call blue collar workers. Remainers don't understand how mass immigration is being seen as negative because it doesn't directly affect them. It's a form NIMBYism (but worse than usual NIMBYism): I'm not affected, therefore nobody else can be. Wages frozen? Not in my high calibre job they're not! Furthermore, they use the whole debate as a vain method to show how urbane and right-on they are.

There's a big divide in the UK: those who are affected DIRECTLY by mass immigration and those who aren't. I'm guessing a lot of Remainers are well-off, live in the sticks, far away from the inner-town/city Eastern Euro HMOs, and Remainers aren't what we used to call blue collar workers. Remainers don't understand how mass immigration is being seen as negative because it doesn't directly affect them. It's a form NIMBYism (but worse than usual NIMBYism): I'm not affected, therefore nobody else can be. Wages frozen? Not in my high calibre job they're not! Furthermore, they use the whole debate as a vain method to show how urbane and right-on they are.

You can call it NIMBYism if you want for my main reason for voting leave. Anything that can reduce immigration and hence the number of people in the country (not that I expect the idiots in charge of this one to make use of the opportunity) means less sh1te being built on it, in my back yard or elsewhere. I have little contact with inner city dumps, immigration might've made them worse but they've always been horrible places anyway. So yeah, I'm not really affected and possibly "benefit" but screw the EU.

Edited by Riedquat

Living in the sticks I dont know of any remainians. Sticks dwellers watch the media and can appreciate the BS.

Watching all the BBC coverage all I see is remainian's with vested interests. If you aren't working for big business, or up to your ears in mortgage debt, then you're voting out.

Think it should stay here surely? We have threads on baltic dry for god sake. But have no place for an EU referendum?

Nope they won`t have it ,apparently the referendum has nothing to do with the economy in this country yet a world wide shipping index is of utmost importance

I just think the owners or the /mods are on the remain side and most of the posters on here are in favour of Brexit you would think the owners would be in favour of more traffic on this site for the obvious commercial reasons

Edited by long time lurking