goldbug9999

HOLA441
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Betting going the other way now. 1.45/1.46. Not much of a move but if Brexit was going to happen, I'd have expected a continuing shortening of the Brexit odds, not Remain becoming slightly more odds on.

I'm clutching at straws, but that represents the money being placed; rather than public opinion which is still broadly equal.

HOLA444

Isnt that the Daily Star?

Only communists read that.

...no..no you are thinking of the 'Morning Star' .....this is a cheap political headline on a serious subject from a subsidiary paper of the Daily Express group to sell news ...distorted or otherwise ...as long as they make a fast buck.... :rolleyes:

HOLA445

Barring further events, it's going to be a vote for Remain. The floating voters and undecided won't vote for the side that the football hooligans, pub bores and xenophobes are so vocal in their support for.

On the other hand if you really believe that the vote for Brexit is holding up, you are getting better odds now.

HOLA446

Barring further events, it's going to be a vote for Remain. The floating voters and undecided won't vote for the side that the football hooligans, pub bores and xenophobes are so vocal in their support for.

Tragic really when so many people will base their vote on that sort of reason instead of their opinion of the EU and the UK's relationship with it. Talk about irresponsible fools.

HOLA447

On the other hand if you really believe that the vote for Brexit is holding up, you are getting better odds now.

It seems to be on my bookface thingy. I follow a couple of groups for local news in North Yorks and it is overwhelmingly leave.

I also went to fill the car up at the local supermarket in outer east londinstan. Young black kid behind the till. Nice kid and we chatted whilst I payed. Asked him what his plans were re Thursday and without hesitation, said leave.

I know these are only anecdotal but I see no evidence of remain firming up, other than in the blatant proper hands from msm

HOLA448
HOLA449

Tragic really when so many people will base their vote on that sort of reason instead of their opinion of the EU and the UK's relationship with it. Talk about irresponsible fools.

It's true there has been very little reasoned debate on this.

HOLA4410

Careful - I think the OP is one of those people going by his other posts. He doesn't want to be associated with unsavoury types, in the privacy of the voting booth, where everybody is judging him.

Edited by spunko2010

HOLA4411

Careful - I think the OP is one of those people going by his other posts. He doesn't want to be associated with unsavoury types, in the privacy of the voting booth, where everybody is judging him.

I don't want to be associated with some of them either but that's not what this referendum is supposed to be about. The question is not "Do you like these people?" It would only be a concern if they would be taking power in the event of a Leave vote, which they won't be. I see no reason to be careful in what I say and I'll stand firmly by it. It's not the same as calling anyone voting Remain a fool, which is very much subjective.

How many Remain supporters want to be associated with those who start yelling "Racist! Xenophobe!" at everyone saying they're voting leave? Yet they shouldn't change their minds to Leave because of it, and I'd say the same thing about them if they did.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4412

Wait until the vote. It will probably be close.

Just make sure you vote (leave). I think the leave vote will be more motivated on the day.

I've seen no evidence of anyone changing their voting intention, and the latest behaviour of Cameron and the anti-Farage stuff is just driving more to vote leave.

Ignore the propaganda. They are trying to make everyone think it is over - possibly to get some leavers to not vote.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4413

Speaking on the phone with what I thought was a left winger (some years back). Topic got onto EUROPE. I said I was leaving and I got called a racist. I said EU is a capitalist banker profit system against the working class. I asked them to watch lexit vid. Not sure that will swing it, might be one more for exit.

HOLA4414

The odds at the bookies are swinging heavily against a Brexit. Of course that means you can make a lot of money if the UK does vote to leave, but it's looking ever less likely now.

(I will kick myself for not putting money on leave if there is such an outcome)

HOLA4415

The odds at the bookies are swinging heavily against a Brexit. Of course that means you can make a lot of money if the UK does vote to leave, but it's looking ever less likely now.

(I will kick myself for not putting money on leave if there is such an outcome)

I think that fits in the with the general concensus. Even most Leave supporters I've spoken to seem to expect a (probably narrow) Remain win.

HOLA4416

I'm clutching at straws, but that represents the money being placed; rather than public opinion which is still broadly equal.

It's not just money being offered, it is money being matched. iow, for every punter with a quid looking to win some dosh on a Brexit result, there is a punter risking a quid to to win 30 something pennies. About £42m traded now, that's money in peoples accounts tied up until the shouting is over. Odds have gone down to 1.35/1.36.

Here we come 1,000 year Reich.

HOLA4417

...people based in London vote 'Remain' ...they don't understand the plight of workers or the unemployed in the rest of the country ...in fact they don't understand the rest of the country at all..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4418

Wait until the vote. It will probably be close.

Just make sure you vote (leave). I think the leave vote will be more motivated on the day.

I've seen no evidence of anyone changing their voting intention, and the latest behaviour of Cameron and the anti-Farage stuff is just driving more to vote leave.

Ignore the propaganda. They are trying to make everyone think it is over - possibly to get some leavers to not vote.

Difficult to say exactly what is happening here - the media would have you believe that with the murder of Princess Jo things have turned around for 'remain' as the public unites against those nasty, racist, non politically correct xenophobes who want to leave. I'm not sure that the general public are quite so gullible but I have no doubt that ultimately the UK will not be leaving the EU no matter how people might actually vote. Same as with Scotland.

What should be interesting is once the EU starts to unravel anyway (potential banking crisis in any number of EU states, Greece obviously untenable, strong Euroscepticism in many countries, floods of refugees, tensions over Turkey, Merkel deposed and replaced by hardline nationalist) just how the current crop of Quislings attempt to spin their pro-EU stance in the referendum to a population that was probably around 50% hostile to remaining anyway and with many of the remain voters frightened into taking that position because of the predictions of disaster should the UK leave.. That could make for quite a reckoning.

That's assuming it happens before they have managed to move on to bigger and better things, and count their payoff of course. Tony Bliar may be one of the most reviled politicians in recent memory but he is doing very well for himself and has put the foundations in for a dynasty of his own, so he's all right Jack.

HOLA4419

I hear alot of people saying leave with 1 or 2 saying stay

But something my partner said the other night alot of the people who say about leaving are they even registered to vote

Not saying all but just on skynews interviewing a mum on a housing estate would she leave or stay she said leave, then asked will she be voting she said no i didn't register

I just wonder how many people shouting leave are even registered or will bother voting

phone polls, online polls don't mean nothing really its who actually registered and turns up on the day, either way i want to leave but suspect leave wont win

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

...people based in London vote 'Remain' ...they don't understand the plight of workers or the unemployed in the rest of the country ...in fact they don't understand the rest of the country at all..... :rolleyes:

Plenty of people in and around London are from different parts of the country. Many will have suffered far harder times and longer periods of unemployment than you can guess.

At the same time it's annoying when certain London types say "we're rich because we worked hard". No, the wealth in London has been built up over many decades, through the hard work of people from elsewhere in the British Isles (whether they be northerners or Irish or Scots) or from many other countries.

HOLA4422

Just to add to above i have a few friends who moan about the EU but forgot to register or didn't register as they don't want to be on the electoral roll (suspect they owe money to someone )

Wasn't there a bit of a panic a couple of weeks ago regarding people who hadn't registered? At the time the feeling was that it was mainly young people (who'd generally vote Remain, if they bothered to vote at all).

But it's true there could be a lot of folk who've slipped through the net (divorce, ccjs etc) and are no longer recorded?

HOLA4423

I hear alot of people saying leave with 1 or 2 saying stay

But something my partner said the other night alot of the people who say about leaving are they even registered to vote

The "registered to vote" think is largely a distraction, most people are registered to vote and have been for years. Whilst the deadline extension thing stinks and was just there to drag a few more potential Remains in how numerically significant are all these suspicious registrations just in time for this referendum?

HOLA4424