House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shamus

How Roof Stayed On Crash That Never Was!

Spotted a bullish article in the 'Birmingham Post'. The sort to make people feel nice and warm (cosy really) during Christmas!!

Link

<Quote- The best thing that didn't happen in 2005 was a housing market crash.>

<Quote- Few of the new generation of home-buyers exposed themselves to the risk of 1991-style negative equity if house prices did tumble.

Only five per cent of new borrowers took 100 per cent loans in early 2005, Mr Ellis says, against 22 per cent in 1990. Indeed, 81 per cent borrowed less than 90 per cent of the price of their homes. In 1989/90, at the peak of that boom, only 56 per cent were so restrained.>

good news uk plc. hip hip hooray !!!

war is over - prices are rising and rising and rising beyond our wildest dreams.

everybody come on'. get with the program. were all going to be rich. we can all drive what we want. we can spend what we want and it will last forever and ever.

come on. buy a house !!!!

im not bothered if they do or not.

ive arranged work and accom for next year in the usa.

did it all yesterday after thinking wtf am i doing in the greyest, most violent, overpriced, overtaxed country in the modern world. made some plans. ill sit through the start of next year and if they go down - hey wow. if they dont - who cares. ill be doing something else. ive been back here 5 years and what was normal housing has become grotesque. im not that keen on nailing my feet to the deck of this sinking ship with a 30 year mortgage on some bunk terrace that cost 31k in 1999.

pphhhftppt......!!!

"Who Cares"??

Certainly not me! Left the UK over 10 years ago for the expat life.

Sold my UK property about 18 months ago, made a very healthy profit - all running costs covered by lovely generous tenants :P . Bought an off plan property (overseas) with my profit and have just sold that for an even healthier profit. :lol:

"Who Cares"??

Certainly not me! Left the UK over 10 years ago for the expat life.

Sold my UK property about 18 months ago, made a very healthy profit - all running costs covered by lovely generous tenants :P . Bought an off plan property (overseas) with my profit and have just sold that for an even healthier profit. :lol:

WOW - you're GREAT! And Desert Knight is a REALLY COOOL name - like Michael Knight crossed with Lawrence of Arabia!! Oh and you've gone abroad so I can't buy you a drink. Damn.