House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
workingpoor

Muller Confirms Closure Of Aberdeen And East Kilbride Dairies

Always thought yogurt was a high margin product and so easy to make for the cost of milk.......learned so much from my Asian friends how to make so easily at home, IMO we have lost the ability to do and make so much ourselves and therefore have to pay others to do it for us.... ;)

Always thought yogurt was a high margin product and so easy to make for the cost of milk.......learned so much from my Asian friends how to make so easily at home, IMO we have lost the ability to do and make so much ourselves and therefore have to pay others to do it for us.... ;)

I did a post a few years back now about making butter.

If you see dlouble cream on the discount shelf at the super market...but it all and make your own butter.

Tastey, delicisios and simple to make

The only redeeming feature/fact I can see form this obviously bad news story (sad for workers, unless their are BTL spongers) is that......

unlike many other periodic news reports of large layoffs this one does not seem to be, officially, due to the company relocating to some cheaper country - but rather that product demand is just not as high as needed to make that particular factory viable.

So I am not sure we can hold this particular mass layoff story at the doors of the usual culprit of high cost of living for Uk workers. I'd be suurprised if it isn't a factor somewhere in this but it's not the main reason?

Updated for accuracy.

The only redeeming feature/fact I can see form this obviously bad news story (sad for workers) is that......

unlike many other periodic news reports of large layoffs this one does not seem to be, officially, due to the company relocating to some cheaper country - but rather that product demand is just not as high as needed to make that particular factory viable.

Or maybe I read the article badly?

I have always said we should make our own stuff......if we get others to do it for us and pay for the privilege, we get what we ask for. ;)

Are these facilities part of the Robert Wiseman Dairies that Muller bought a couple of years back? Or, maybe Dairy Crest - I think Muller have been buying dairies all over the place. Some consolidation is to be expected, I suppose.

I had shares in RWD and had collected decent divis over the years - was very miffed to see them taken private.

Greek yoghurt with honey - in the 80s at least, that was what passed for breakfast out there. I liked it a lot - but was still bloody glad to get back to blighty and have proper breakfasts.

Nowhere but here does a proper brekkers. Croissants! Fruit! Yoghurt! The closest I came in my travelling days to a decent filling breakfast suitable to set you up for the day was in South East Asia where you'd have a curry and a cup of tea.

Greek yoghurt with honey - in the 80s at least, that was what passed for breakfast out there. I liked it a lot - but was still bloody glad to get back to blighty and have proper breakfasts.

Nowhere but here does a proper brekkers. Croissants! Fruit! Yoghurt! The closest I came in my travelling days to a decent filling breakfast suitable to set you up for the day was in South East Asia where you'd have a curry and a cup of tea.

Central America does a good brekkers. Heuvos revoltas (scrambled eggs with ham tomats etc) with jacks, beans and rice. Little dab of hot chilli sauce on the side, and a Nescafe. I still do that for brekkers every now and then to this day. Not the nescafe though.

They shouldnt be able to close these companies down so easily it should be last resort. peoples jobs and livelyhoods at stake.

Just rent it out innit?