House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Land Registry New U K H P I

Really they can just have a 'reset' and then start having 10% YoY rises again. In the new index the average house price will be much lower .... except where you live and on your road of course as these are different.

Bet they don't have any comparison with the old, usless, inaccurate, invalid system they have used for years as this would be too confusing.

+1 Grrr...

Really they can just have a 'reset' and then start having 10% YoY rises again. In the new index the average house price will be much lower .... except where you live and on your road of course as these are different.

Bet they don't have any comparison with the old, usless, inaccurate, invalid system they have used for years as this would be too confusing.

dk51FoO.gif

I don't know how to do their repeat sales methodology reliably, but it's probably pretty bad if a simple average is any indication:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/195761-is-prime-london-crashing-merged-threads/?p=1102948049

The current index is a joke and needed to be scrapped but the new index relying relies on the VOA database to get details of individual properties which doesn't fill me with confidence. They don't even have access to the EPC database.

The FED stopping the publication of M4 money supply,

Bill Clinton changing the inflation measure... history is littered with these things.

One would hope, that in the spirit of fairness and transparency, a change in the criteria and reporting of such an important figure would include the ability to view:

a. Old data using the new method and/or

b. New data using the old method and even, God forbid, running both in parallel to understand the impact of the new reporting.

But, I suspect obsfurcation and deception will not allow the recipients of this reporting to compare old and new.

** sigh ** let's see how it's presented and how much glitter it's been rolled in.

news-graphics-2007-_639726a.jpg

It's like the big EA in the town centre, which for years reminds people how rich they are. Then one month, it changes the window display, telling everyone "you're all skint, now".

Oh we can't have that.

Ah, which reminds me.

When the 2008 crash came, they scrapped the UK Home Building FTSE 350 index, and rolled up reckitt benckiser in with the new group, bolstering the massive 70%+ falls that individual home builders had, which I remember at the time.

The index hasn;t changed today. It's all home builders apart from one company...

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/indices/constituents-indices.html?index=NMX&industrySector=3720&page=1

The emperor may not have any clothes, but they do a good job covering him up with a towel.

Edited by 200p

Evictee, are you sure it's fully finished importing? I can't see any new sales for April in my local postcode, there were 10 in March.

Evictee, are you sure it's fully finished importing? I can't see any new sales for April in my local postcode, there were 10 in March.

In my target postcodes there are 50% the number of transactions I counted this time last month.

The numbers that I counted this time last month for March have now tripled with the addition of this new data, putting them around 30% higher than February.

All casual observation with a limited data set - but it does look like transactions have fallen off a cliff after a jump in March. As I'm sure everyone on here expected.

A lot around my area are down 25%% in nominal terms from 2004,50%+ inflation adjusted id think.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=15140319&sale=4001620&country=england

Some others are only down 12% nominal ......from 2004

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=36264549&sale=3772141&country=england

Considering the amount of BTL buying that has gone on here since around 2004 it shows how bad an investment its been since then.

Went past a few BTLs yesterday that have been trashed and now no tenants,two of those were featured on Homes Under the Hammer.They are under water £30k each (from £80k) + huge repair bills,+ pretty much 50% void in the last seven years.

Those cheeky southern chappies on the show who were buying for a "pension" should of researched the towns a bit more.

They did still release the full raw data today though.

I've just finished importing it into houseprices.io for your monthly prices fix.

My neighbours flat still hasn't appeared! The asking price was £350k, which I thought was crazy!

Also there is a mistake for the flat I live in! I think it is because the freehold was sold (my LL mentioned trying but failing to buy it). Looks funny as there is mad HPI all around me and then this one flat shows a 83% drop! Would be nice if it were true!

I'm pretty sure. If you want to double check for yourself you can download the current month's data from https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/price-paid-data-downloads, loading it into Excel or a text editor which supports large files and scanning it for your target postcode.

In my target postcodes there are 50% the number of transactions I counted this time last month.

The numbers that I counted this time last month for March have now tripled with the addition of this new data, putting them around 30% higher than February.

All casual observation with a limited data set - but it does look like transactions have fallen off a cliff after a jump in March. As I'm sure everyone on here expected.

You're right, it takes at least until the next release for the current latest month to start settling down, but you can get some indication by comparing the lead months from each release, and this does indicate a significant step down in April's sales count, as the last three months at initial publication have been:

Feb: 26008

Mar: 29753

Apr: 18351

Thanks for the import, just checked a property i made on offer on, to which the estate agent said, the vendor was unfortunately selling to a friend, it seems to of been sold for 15k less than my offer. Toerag EA scum!

Edited by GreenDevil

One would hope, that in the spirit of fairness and transparency, a change in the criteria and reporting of such an important figure would include the ability to view:

a. Old data using the new method and/or

b. New data using the old method and even, God forbid, running both in parallel to understand the impact of the new reporting.

But, I suspect obsfurcation and deception will not allow the recipients of this reporting to compare old and new.

** sigh ** let's see how it's presented and how much glitter it's been rolled in.

I have seen some national statistics publications that do this to a certain extent, so there are definitely reporting mechanisms in place to keep the publications to a consistent standard. Or they'll just add on a few caveats, which most people look over.