House Price Crash Forum

Is Hpc Now A Safespace And Does Posting Require A Trigger Warning

HOLA441

Why has this thread been locked down?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/209871-an-enormous-motoring-faux-pas/page-20

there was nothing abusive, racist, or religionist - there has been far more robust debate on far more sensitive and important issues than supermarket car-parking spaces - but it's been shut down for, I suspect my attitude of not going with the 'orthodoxy'

The beauty of HPC and particularly 'off topic' is the robustness of the debate and some really 'left-field' and 'outside the box' views and arguments. Genuinely, that is why I engage with individuals I truly do not agree with (initially at least). I, as most posters do, enter into debate with an entrenched position which we then defend without descending into insults and name calling (although admittedly with a more than piquant touch of sarcasm - which is met with in kind and in spades).

HPC off topic is a truly unique space - I am dismayed by the control freakery when nothing sue-able or actionable is being stated

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

IBTL

"In Before The Lock": An abbreviation posted to a thread on a web-based forum when the poster knows that any rational debate has long since been abandoned, and will shortly be locked by the forum administrator.

Original poster: Welfare is bad!

Second poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're a nazi!

Original poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're an idiot!

Third poster: IBTL!

Admin: I'm locking this thread. Nothing to see here, move along.

HOLA447

Why has this thread been locked down?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/209871-an-enormous-motoring-faux-pas/page-20

there was nothing abusive, racist, or religionist - there has been far more robust debate on far more sensitive and important issues than supermarket car-parking spaces - but it's been shut down for, I suspect my attitude of not going with the 'orthodoxy'

The beauty of HPC and particularly 'off topic' is the robustness of the debate and some really 'left-field' and 'outside the box' views and arguments. Genuinely, that is why I engage with individuals I truly do not agree with (initially at least). I, as most posters do, enter into debate with an entrenched position which we then defend without descending into insults and name calling (although admittedly with a more than piquant touch of sarcasm - which is met with in kind and in spades).

HPC off topic is a truly unique space - I am dismayed by the control freakery when nothing sue-able or actionable is being stated

That's how it should work.

When you have two WUMs trolling any threads that have disagreements (anybody else notice how they always post together? Interesting) to get their kicks then it doesn't.

HOLA448
Guest eight

Are you suggesting we have two wums working in concert or are two wums in disagreement with each other?

I have to say I just saw a thread with people taking one of two sides and a healthy smattering of humour when people take themselves too seriously.

I blame Si1, he started it. (The thread, that is.)

HOLA449

Are you suggesting we have two wums working in concert or are two wums in disagreement with each other?

I have to say I just saw a thread with people taking one of two sides and a healthy smattering of humour when people take themselves too seriously.

Two WUMs who see the same opportunities for winding up.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Haven't read the locked thread, beyond the first couple of posts and (now) the last page.

Yummy Wummies parking?

Someone thought it was OK rest their trolley on someone else's paintwork and got pulled up.

Went into the whole injustice's of supermarket carparking entitlement / etiquete / aggreived key scratchers etc

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Honestly, I don't know who you mean. We need names. Is it someone you disagree with?

For one it is obvious (read the locked thread, or this one), and for two the mods do not like people naming such posters. I was even censured for naming CyberNat.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Can I just say I've always liked your name. Very clever Herman. If I recall correctly it is about someone having multiple characters. Is this what this is all about?

Edit: or is it a clever play on 'homelessness'?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppenwolf_(novel)

To be honest, you're probably reading too much into it. The three little pigs were at least equally influential.

The character did resonate with me, with his total despair with self and society conflicting with the wish to conform. I don't really remember the plot. I think it gets a bit complicated in the second half.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived