House Price Crash Forum

Has It Crashed Yet ?

HOLA441

Been away for a couple of weeks and just wonder if the crash had happened yet ? :lol:

Most notable thing I saw when I was away, apart from the absurd mass state propaganda, was when I visited a UK website I got an advert urging ex pats to register someone to vote on their behalf at the EU referendum.

I dont recall the Scottish being allowed to do this for the #IndyRef

To say I am sick of the UK is an understatement.

HOLA442

Been away for a couple of weeks and just wonder if the crash had happened yet ? :lol:

Most notable thing I saw when I was away, apart from the absurd mass state propaganda, was when I visited a UK website I got an advert urging ex pats to register someone to vote on their behalf at the EU referendum.

Count, I seem to recall you moved to France or was that another HPC'er. If you did why are you back in UK?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Would you go back if given the opportunity?

Im waiting to see what happens with BrExit before we decide where to live permanently. If BrExit happens there will be a lot of confusion, wopuld be crazy to commit to anywhere before then.

The plan is to move to Spain asap if UK votes to stay in EU. I can commute weekly back to the Uk for work and it's still cheaper than the train :lol:

HOLA448

Im waiting to see what happens with BrExit before we decide where to live permanently. If BrExit happens there will be a lot of confusion, wopuld be crazy to commit to anywhere before then.

The plan is to move to Spain asap if UK votes to stay in EU. I can commute weekly back to the Uk for work and it's still cheaper than the train :lol:

Spain still on my radar also. Even if we do BrExit I can't see the Med countries closing the doors to anyone with wealth ready to spend into their economy. Might be some restrictions - have to buy a home of EURX value and have wealth of EURX for example - but can't see them closing the doors. For example Malta has their Global Residence Programme - wondering if they would introduce toned down versions not unlike this...

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

...would be funny if it wasn't so true...... ;)

HOLA4413

I am seriously thinking about doing the same in central Portugal around the Coimbra and silver coast area, Not sure what you are into, but I like my outdoor pursuits and being in a nice community where if you put something in you get it something special back. Sadly the UK is losing that community spirit fast for various reasons. I also hate too much of the ex pat feeling where Brits just go to Brit places.

I would seriously think about it, it is an un spoken gem that many have not caught onto yet and the property is very cheap, also little crime, great weather and it is far more lush than I ever thought it would be. I am also in a lucky position where I have a few quid and I would be able to still get back to the UK to work as I have a mate who has a big place up in Rutland which I can use as much as I want, and of course he can use my place should I do it.

I really do love my country, but at the same time I am really sick at what is happening to it, it's not the people I think, they are just being ground down and it brings out the worst in them. We just have a top 1% that are just taking the p*ss and ruling the country in a way that suits them and says f*** off to us.

The problem is always jobs. If you don't need to be at a desk/workstation (digital nomad, FIRE'd etc) then the world really does open up. Head to Southern Europe and it really is not expensive to live partly because housing is not expensive but also partly because things around housing aren't expensive.

I'm looking for space to cycle and also want to be close to The Med to get back swimming. If you're happy to be more inland and don't want sea views then houses really aren't expensive.

Here's what £125k can get you 2km from The Med - 2 bed, 2 bath with sea views:

57440a7833576.jpg

It's also part of a development which includes this:

57440a6d35398.jpg

Communal fees will run to EUR900 and on top of that the equivalent to Council tax will set you back a few hundred EURO's at most. So all in let's conservatively call it EUR1,200.

What does it cost in the UK? I know in my neck of the woods it's £1,900 to collect the rubbish every couple of weeks (still trying to figure out what else I get for my Council Tax).

If your thinking Portugal I'm guessing you're aware of the 10 year tax exemption that's possible if you don't work in Portugal?

Edit:

Thought in comparison I'd add what you can get for an equivalent amount in my South East neck of the woods:

75673_952000183_IMG_00_0000_max_656x437.

Now before you get excited it's not the whole semi. It's the roof space (sorry 2nd floor) only.

Edited by wish I could afford one

HOLA4414

That last picture of the last post sums up the whole ethos of this site.

Why should our children strive when, if they work hard, play by the rules, put in the effort, slog the slog, this is what they could aspire to if they are prepared to gear up to five times a graduate starting salary?

HOLA4415

Why should our children strive when, if they work hard, play by the rules, put in the effort, slog the slog, this is what they could aspire to if they are prepared to gear up to five times a graduate starting salary?

Exactly.

Let the detritous come to the UK...don't expect us to stay and fund them

HOLA4416

..there are to many con merchants in the stay campaign ....what they are staying for... since our economy and industry has deteriorated ever since we joined (see below)...only the devil knows..... :rolleyes:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/open-letter-to-the-guardian/

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4417

..there are to many con merchants in the stay campaign ....what they are staying for... since our economy and industry has deteriorated ever since we joined (see below)...only the devil knows..... :rolleyes:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/open-letter-to-the-guardian/

The rich and powetfull don't give up their wealth and power easily.

If the rich want in...everyone else should want out.

Its that simple

HOLA4418

They'd be lucky. I Googled the picture. It's in Walthamstow and was sold at auction http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54069493.html

£125,000 for a 1 bed flat in Walthamstow? Only at auction could you get something like that. I'd have thought around £300,000 would be a more realistic budget http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59387195.html

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

MoneyWeek, 31 May 2016 - Are UK house prices about to crash?

Fathom Consulting (who has been bearish on the UK property market for a long time), has just put out a report: “The UK’s housing bubble: ready to pop?”

The nub of Fathom’s argument is simple. House prices are too damn high compared to wages. “Property prices would need to fall by up to 40%, or household income grow at ten times its current pace for the next five years, in order to bring the ratio back to balance.”
Fathom takes the pre-2000 average of average house prices to incomes, which was 3.5 times. At the moment, prices are roughly 6.1 times incomes. That’s very close to the 6.4 times we saw at the last crash peak.

Not so much new normal as same old normal - boom then bust.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest BillyNI

I am a confirmed leaver.

But then I am a dual UK and Irish citizen (due to Irish parents) - so I remain entitled to all the benefits of the EU in terms of freedom of movement but get all the gains from Brexit as a UK resident.

That's nice for you.

HOLA4423
Guest BillyNI

Oooh Moneyweek backing Brexit. Finally, a financial publication with some balls.

Where does it say they back a Brexit?

HOLA4424

^ I got a big popup when I viewed their site asking to signup for a newsletter explaining why they back Brexit.

Also http://moneyweek.com/why-were-backing-brexit/

Read our new free report and find out how the EU controls you and your money every single day.

You'll discover how - from its very inception - the EU was a blueprint for slavery... And what Brexit will really mean for our economy… and your money.

Don't get suckered in by the fearmongering.

In your complimentary report you'll disover the truth about what will happen if Britain votes to 'stay'.

Are you prepared to cede control of your legal and financial rights? Or are you willing to move ahead of the chaos?
Get informed - enter your email address below to pick up your free Brexit report now.

Capital and Conflict is published by MoneyWeek Ltd.

Edited by spunko2010

HOLA4425
Guest BillyNI

I get a pop-up about a tech report. Looks like this is targeted marketing. Anything to get those email addresses.