House Price Crash Forum

What Do Eastern Europeans Think About Brexit?

pl1

Idont know many east europeans, but the europeans i do know all want remain and strongly so.

Its only logical really. They are here because they want to be here, they are here because eu rules alliw them to be here, and they dont want any change that might threaten that status quo.

of course brexit could offer these people better opportunities, but to be fair, you, d be mad to take the gamble.

I think the reasons are mixed.

longtimelurking's earlier post also provides another answer i.e. some Eastern Europeans realise they are contributing to wage suppression and now that they are here and trying to raise a family they don't want more immigrants - hard working or not. That would be hypocrisy in my view.

I'd also suggest that racism comes into play i.e. they don't mind other immigrants of the same race/country of origin/religious belief but are suspicious of those who are not like themselves. This would also be hypocrisy.

Ultimately it is hypocrisy and they know it, at the beginning they didn't see what was being pointed out to them ten years or so ago,they were here earning a fortune in their minds and living their lives back home in Poland ,but since settling down they become aware very quickly how working for less was upsetting the apple cart and what was said to them years earlier was not racist/anti immigration (there was no shortage of work then) it was just the simple fact ,that they were making the indigenous worker far worse of financially, they are now in the same boat

Like others have said we are all guilty of looking after our own interest and i don`t think anyone should feel guilty about doing so ..but it`s pretty obvious to me TPTB want`s you to do just that

Ultimately it is hypocrisy and they know it, at the beginning they didn't see what was being pointed out to them ten years or so ago,they were here earning a fortune in their minds and living their lives back home in Poland ,but since settling down they become aware very quickly how working for less was upsetting the apple cart and what was said to them years earlier was not racist/anti immigration (there was no shortage of work then) it was just the simple fact ,that they were making the indigenous worker far worse of financially, they are now in the same boat

Like others have said we are all guilty of looking after our own interest and i don`t think anyone should feel guilty about doing so ..but it`s pretty obvious to me TPTB want`s you to do just that

My view entirely. It's ironic to the point of nausea but it's also human nature. I don't really blame the immigrants, it's the system. If you hand someone something on a plate, they're going to take it, simple as that.

It's part of a race to the bottom of course. Economicaly Romanians are doing to the Polish what the Polish did over a decade ago. One day & sooner then you think, the globalists will look at their kingdom & cry for there will be no more lands to conquer.

Archived