House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenDevil

Spectator Eu Debate

Most of the heat on here seems to be in favour of Brexit. Same experiences in real life for me.

Interestingly, got a Ukip newsletter the other day saying 96% of people they polled on the street near me were voting to Leave. They polled 400 people, at random. Obviously not scientific by any stretch, could be heavily biased, but makes you wonder where these 55% of people supposedly voting to Remain live. I've asked maybe 20 people, only 1 is a Remain and she's undecided.

Most of the heat on here seems to be in favour of Brexit. Same experiences in real life for me.

Interestingly, got a Ukip newsletter the other day saying 96% of people they polled on the street near me were voting to Leave. They polled 400 people, at random. Obviously not scientific by any stretch, could be heavily biased, but makes you wonder where these 55% of people supposedly voting to Remain live. I've asked maybe 20 people, only 1 is a Remain and she's undecided.

Those 400 people are half the sample size that the remain camps chosen polster is working from as you say it`s not very scientific

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/26/questions-raised-anomalous-brexit-polls-showing-massive-leads-remain/

Same people who voted Cameron, In my experience. They dont particularly like cameron, cant name one policy of the tories they like, but Cameron has managed to cultivate an image in their minds of him being 'moderate' 'predictable', a man of the middle ground and a 'steady as she goes man' People who dont have the time or inclination to go anywhere beyond the 6 o clock news for their feed of current affair are likely to vote remain.

Basically people who dont like change, like perceived stability (although, to paraphrase minsky i think in life in general, not just economics, stability is destabilizing) and respond well to fearmongering. They have a big mortgage, have an 'OK' job, have enough to fear losing it all. Basically people who are prisoners to the rat race.

Basically people who dont like change, like perceived stability (although, to paraphrase minsky i think in life in general, not just economics, stability is destabilizing) and respond well to fearmongering. They have a big mortgage, have an 'OK' job, have enough to fear losing it all. Basically people who are prisoners to the rat race.

25% plus of the eligible voting electorate.

Dont forget the carrot, the cheap EU holidays and roaming tarrifs.

Dan Hannans speech was incredibly powerful. I defy anyone to vote remain after listening to that.

Yes, a very good speech.

Compared to the remain who trotted out the same old same old, were better of in, too risky to consider to going alone..

The brexiters seem to have more charisma and a more sensible argument.

i think this is the Debate where Farage says people say we could become like

Norway "well whats wrong with that we would be rich we would be free and would

be able to catch our own fish".

At the entrance to the Vistors centre of the European Parliament There is a plaque with these words.

“National Sovereignty is the root cause of the most Crying Evils of our times….The only final remedy for this Evil is the Federal Union of the Peoples.”

I think that tells us all what we need to know about the European Union .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/07/the-eu-has-revealed-its-true-nature-a-federalist-monster-that-wi/

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone less keen on change than me (my view of anyone who says "embrace change" is that they're a cretin), yet I'm firmly in the Leave camp. Perhaps because of all the crappy changes that, well, even if the EU isn't directly responsible for them it certainly doesn't help. I suppose that there's always a risk to my job etc. but I'm sure life will go on if I lose it (and even if it doesn't, well, life's not that great anyway). More likely I'll just be a bit less able to buy new stuff, whoopy-effing-do.