House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
long time lurking

Newsnight Now

He's talking sense on qt well, millipede is waffling horribly.

Edited to correct autocorrect.

Edited by SirGaz

Milipede is just an awful salesman.

Truly dreadful person.

He now looks quite cocky for some reason.

In the words of Hugh Cornwell.

"Tell me what you got to look so pleased about".

David Davis is good on Question Time, as is Steve Hilton (ex aide to Cameron). Things would have been so different had Davis won - head and shoulders above Cameron and clearly a politician with some integrity.

Milipede is just an awful salesman.

Truly dreadful person.

He now looks quite cocky for some reason.

In the words of Hugh Cornwell.

"Tell me what you got to look so pleased about".

Cameron's former adviser just blew the lid off all the lies

The BBC is soooo very bad. I was watching "This Week" until I saw Nicky Clegg on the settee, and promptly turned it off inorder to prevent projectile vomiting.

You missed Portillo soundly kicking his smug superior ****.

You missed Portillo soundly kicking his smug superior ****.

What he said about Cameron being chosen as he was seen to be a euro sceptic was interesting ,why the change or even has he changed was his hand really forced when it came to holding a referendum ? it makes you wonder

Cameron is really just a Tory Corbyn. His ability to switch positions is shocking. January he was telling audiences that Britian was strong etc come now we're weak and small to survive outside the EU.

What do they do in Brussels that deludes most of those that have contact with it of free thought? I know that Boris's comment about Hilter has been greeted with the suggestion of 're-education'. Maybe that wasn't such a slip of the tongue.

Cameron is really just a Tory Corbyn. His ability to switch positions is shocking. January he was telling audiences that Britian was strong etc come now we're weak and small to survive outside the EU.

What do they do in Brussels that deludes most of those that have contact with it of free thought? I know that Boris's comment about Hilter has been greeted with the suggestion of 're-education'. Maybe that wasn't such a slip of the tongue.

Cameron is a PR man - he'll spout whatever is convenient for him to spout, and change to the opposite opinion at a moment's notice. As 'the heir to Blair' (his words), he's of the same slippery ilk.

It's not Brussels - it's classic Oxbridge PPE: give me an opinion and I'll argue the case for it, without actually believing it.

Edited by RentingForever

David Davis is good on Question Time, as is Steve Hilton (ex aide to Cameron). Things would have been so different had Davis won - head and shoulders above Cameron and clearly a politician with some integrity.

Have to agree - I thought they lost the argument but won the night, in no small part to Davis performance (tbf also a boisterous crowd!). And similarly if Brexit comes down to 'nationalism' in the polling booth it will surely win.

Davis for PM ? Personally I think he has more credibility than Cameron and certainly more than Gove Johnson or Farage.

It's alarming how neutered Corbyn has become in just a few months.

They're leant on. Both with financial bribes and threats I'd imagine. The only way, in the current climate, you're going to get politicians with conviction that will carry their convictions through is if they care little about themselves and have NO family ties.

If an organisation behaves like the mafia.....

On QT, a woman in the audience made a comment that was met with silence, something along the lines of, 'Germany's account is in the black which matches the other countries' accounts being in the red.'

What did she mean - presuming she wasn't a witch from Project Fear? :ph34r:

On QT, a woman in the audience made a comment that was met with silence, something along the lines of, 'Germany's account is in the black which matches the other countries' accounts being in the red.'

It's a see saw. If Germany is selling in the EU someone has to buy. All trade balances cancel out. You can't have everyone exporting at the same time. This also explains partly why all the 'predictions' for Greece's economy never pan out.

For every positive trade balance there has to be negative trade balances somewhere that match , as already pointed out many of the negative balances are within the EU member states ,with the UK being the largest when it comes to Germany ....hence the trade deal argument is nonsense .Germany calls the shots on that one for sure and they need us far far more than we need them as IIRC our main export destination is the ROI

The 3% EU vs 13% UK or whateve is also disingenuous as the 3% of the total EU exports we import has a monetary value magnitudes higher than the value of the 13% of our total exports to the EU are worth

Edited by long time lurking

The BBC is soooo very bad. I was watching "This Week" until I saw Nicky Clegg on the settee, and promptly turned it off inorder to prevent projectile vomiting.

...ha..hah...ha....quite understand..... :rolleyes:

...just that they hold all the cards as far as the EU is concerned especially in regards to balance of trade ....except Merkel through a wobbly over immigration which may now come back to haunt them politically and from within their country....... :rolleyes:

It's a see saw. If Germany is selling in the EU someone has to buy. All trade balances cancel out. You can't have everyone exporting at the same time. This also explains partly why all the 'predictions' for Greece's economy never pan out.

For every positive trade balance there has to be negative trade balances somewhere that match , as already pointed out many of the negative balances are within the EU member states ,with the UK being the largest when it comes to Germany ....hence the trade deal argument is nonsense .Germany calls the shots on that one for sure and they need us far far more than we need them as IIRC our main export destination is the ROI

The 3% EU vs 13% UK or whateve is also disingenuous as the 3% of the total EU exports we import has a monetary value magnitudes higher than the value of the 13% of our total exports to the EU are worth

...just that they hold all the cards as far as the EU is concerned especially in regards to balance of trade ....except Merkel through a wobbly over immigration which may now come back to haunt them politically and from within their country....... :rolleyes:

Many thanks.

Trying to research and have looked on Eurostat but data seems to only run up to 2014?

Can anyone recommend an impartial, up to date site for more info please?