House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Developers Fret Over Sadiq Khan’S Choice Of Housing Chief

Going by past practises in his prayer group .. probably his relation.

James Murray Housing bod from Islington.

How about appointing Joe Taxpayer from Swindon?

'Hold on, we're paying 2k/month so some Somalis can live in a house? Fck that, kick them out.'

Going by past practises in his prayer group .. probably his relation.

James Murray Housing bod from Islington.

How about appointing Joe Taxpayer from Swindon?

'Hold on, we're paying 2k/month so some Somalis can live in a house? Fck that, kick them out.'

+1

Here's a non-paywalled article written by the new housing chief (James Murray) that tells you what his beef with developers is: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/01/londons-planning-regulations-are-weaker-and-affordable-housing-has-suffered

Oh. An advocate of strong housing apartheid. Which is one of the underlying problems in our housing.

Paywall.

Tell us about it

You can read the article by googling something like, "Sadiq Khan FT". You can access it that way, no paywall.

What do you mean by housing apartheid?

Allocation of privilege by officialdom on a who-you-know principle.

OK, I should probably be using it where I used to, for the policies of cheap houses based on where you were born, popular when I was young. But anything based on having included and excluded groups, and a selection process that becomes an automatic corruption magnet, is much the same principle.

Allocation of privilege by officialdom on a who-you-know principle.

OK, I should probably be using it where I used to, for the policies of cheap houses based on where you were born, popular when I was young. But anything based on having included and excluded groups, and a selection process that becomes an automatic corruption magnet, is much the same principle.

Thanks, why not just say "No job in London no free house" and then there will be plenty of houses for everyone. I am a bit worried that as my LTV is 25% that I could be put in negative equity if we did that but sadly it won't happen for many years.

I'd forgotten what the reaction was like to Obama getting elected. All too easy to laugh at American stupidity.

Yeah, I laugh everyday about it. The Americans don't seem to be laughing much these days. Go figure. :lol:

Yeah, I laugh everyday about it. The Americans don't seem to be laughing much these days. Go figure. :lol:

Lol - thats a load of black Americans slagging off Obama. At very worst I'd say its a rather lame Daily Mail tactic

Now this is more like it:

A staggering number of Republicans believe President Obama is a Muslim

This is brilliant, but I'm not sure if its a p*sstake or a real person:

Proof That Barack Obama is a Muslim

What do you think ? How does that rate for twisted/delusional f*cked up malice ?

Edited by pig

Yeah, mental.

:lol::lol::lol: Thats brilliant !!! Amazing find.

Can you imagine our Rodney watching that - his poor little brain would be spinning round like something out of the exorcist !

Thank god our political debate hasn't gotten buried under that sort of horse manure...

Thank god our political debate hasn't gotten buried under that sort of horse manure...

Yep. God forbid the day we start electing people just on their religious affiliations or their skin colour.

No good can come of it.... on both sides.

Yep. God forbid the day we start electing people just on their religious affiliations or their skin colour.

No good can come of it.... on both sides.

Unfortunately it seems thats where Goldsmith was trying to take us. Thankfully London stuck that divisive stupidity up his Rodney.

Can't be too complacent though :)