House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Can't Save A Deposit Of 20K? Knuckledragger!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14511812.David_Cameron_s_first_20_per_cent_discount_starter_homes_will_be_built_in_Poole/?ref=mr&lp=3#comments-anchor

As approval for the first homes development of Cameron's '20% discount to first time buyers' is given, a landlord who thinks those who can't stump up 20% of their own discount cash are 'knuckledraggers' locks horns with those who call him a greedy 'toerag' and 'scumbag'...

Spirited exchanges in the Comments section...

Edited by juvenal

The funny thing is the vast majority of landlords started by equity withdrawal from their residential property (via HPI), and then expanded the empire using equity withdrawal from their other rental properties.

What's more, I dare say that saving 20% of £80k to buy your first property is considerably easier than saving 20% of £250k - even if the monthly (interest) payments are similar due to the low interest rates of today. The saving 20% these days isn't far off the oldies saving enough to buy outright (and in those days they'd have had a decent interest rate on their savings, as well).

Average wage in Bmouth is ~25k, even allowing for JPmorgan.

I'd guess it would take a good 5 to 10 years to save that.

Based on his username, that rich landlord must be foreign. I've never seen stupid c**t spelt like that before.

I know it's wicked, but sometimes one has to think, dumb landlord and dumb tenants deserve each other.

They do, the wicked bit is that tend not to get each other - if they did the world would be a much better place