House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moneyfornothing

Eu Referendum..

You'll get a Leave, even the Remain campaign are plugging a HPC as a consequence of Brexit as though it isn't a desirable or necessary adjustment. We need to bite the bullet on this, as indeed we did during the John Major years. By accident or design we did bite the bullet back then with regard to allowing a house rpice crash, and it set up a dream economic scenario for Blair that he sacrificed in the following decade in the name of his family property trust.

Edited by crashmonitor

In will console myself when the vote is for in, with the fact that its all going to tits anyway.

Some of these people are going to look mighty stupid when we remain and it STILL goes awry.

Howver i doubt they will give a monkeys **** what anyone thinks of them.

Its common sense.. Any change will have a short term negative impact.. That shouldn't detract from the long term benefits.. Will the voting public be prepared for short term pain.? Its the landed class / privileged with most to lose in the long term..

I mainly want to vote out just out of pure curiosity to see what really would happen.

However, my view is we can only do it once. Now is not the right time. Need to keep that ace up the sleeves for a time when we might actually be able to capitalize on it so it's an "in" from me.

Its common sense.. Any change will have a short term negative impact.. That shouldn't detract from the long term benefits.. Will the voting public be prepared for short term pain.? Its the landed class / privileged with most to lose in the long term..

What long term benefits? The long term health of the country either way depends far more on which governments we elect.

How about post-Brexit and with King Charles a Corbyn government wins a referendum on becoming a republic and we have President Diane Abbott encouraging expropriation of the assets of people descended from colonialists, with no ECJ to interfere?

The grass isn't greener outside the EU.

Out, the EU is up sh!t creek without a paddle, time to leave the failed experiment.

I agree with this- the Euro itself was a massive error and the blowback from it's demise will reach our shores in the form of an influx of economic migrants not only from the periphery of the EU but the centre as well. The only plan in place to contain this problem is the scheme of Herr Schäuble to impose a Greek style 'restuctuing' programme on Portugal, Spain, Italy and eventually France- good luck with that. :lol:

That term 'restructuing' looks innocent enough but in practice the people being 'restructued' are inevitably the ordinary citizens whose incomes and rights have become redifined as unaffordable luxuries- no one ever makes the mistake of reading the term 'restructuring' to include a radical overhaul of the Tax system to prevent the kinds of things we see happening in Panama- that would be far too radical and would send the pain in entirely the wrong direction- upwards.

Like all Elite solutions to the onging mess they have created the adjustment is inevitably to be made at the expense of the little guy for the benefit of the crony capitalist/government nexus that rules the roost.

There will be no more chances if its 'in' this time

+1 on that..... This is it!

What state will poor old Blighty be in after another 40 years of being hollowed out by the EU with all our industries moved over to Germany, while having 300,000 additional people stuffed into 1 house?

If people are scared to do it now then what hope after another 40 years of indoctrination?

And what are we to make of a leader who seems to believe that to leave the EU amounts to national suicide yet-beliving this to be the case- decides to hold a refferendum that might bring about this very outcome? Either he is criminally irresponsible in his leadership or he is grossly overstating the consequnces of leaving the EU.

After all if you thought a course of action was so dangerous that it might bring about national disaster would your first impulse be 'Let's take a vote on it?' :blink:

In will console myself when the vote is for in, with the fact that its all going to tits anyway.

Some of these people are going to look mighty stupid when we remain and it STILL goes awry.

Howver i doubt they will give a monkeys **** what anyone thinks of them.

I doubt it. Media keeps saying its the BoE 'who swung it'

The same BoE who continually miss their inflation targets and GDP growth projections.

AniFan.gif

If such an utterly incompetent bunch of overpaid chancers can change opinion despite their dire record, people have very short memories indeed.

And what are we to make of a leader who seems to believe that to leave the EU amounts to national suicide yet-beliving this to be the case- decides to hold a refferendum that might bring about this very outcome? Either he is criminally irresponsible in his leadership or he is grossly overstating the consequnces of leaving the EU.

After all if you thought a course of action was so dangerous that it might bring about national disaster would your first impulse be 'Let's take a vote on it?' :blink:

These people will gladly sacrifice the UK forever in return for about 6 months of EU stability. The EU is a busted flush. No borders, crap money, massive debt, riots all over the place, no democracy, self serving, no army, police not doing their job..... And that's just us! :lol:

What's worse with Cameron is that he seems to be batting for all those crooks in the EU and beyond. When Junkers was wittering on about Britain being a "deserter" he should have reminded the quisling that it was Britain that stood up to dictatorship in Europe 3 times over the last couple of centuries, not some bloke from a tiny country about which we know bugger all.

Edited by davidg

If it's Remain, I'll have to seriously consider whether I will stay in the UK.

Liking the result on hpc already... Hope its reflected outside the forum as well..

+1

However, it really is a case of preaching to the converted on here. Anecdotal: 20 people at work/family 40/45/15 (R/L/DK)

The level of awareness about the referendum issues is limited mostly to the campaign soundbites (R & L).

Liking the result on hpc already... Hope its reflected outside the forum as well..

...Cameron is scraping the barrel regarding the Treasury's one sided report (why was it not a SWOT analysis?) by quoting Le Garde (outstanding charge of fraud http://europe.newsweek.com/imf-chief-under-investigation-france-266911) and the Governor of the BofE (not supposed to have an opinion) as people who support the Treasury's position with their own recent comments (probably used as input for the Treasury's report).......Cameron & Osborne will be the losers....... :rolleyes:

What's worse with Cameron is that he seems to be batting for all those crooks in the EU and beyond. When Junkers was wittering on about Britain being a "deserter" he should have reminded the quisling that it was Britain that stood up to dictatorship in Europe 3 times over the last couple of centuries, not some bloke from a tiny country about which we know bugger all.

Just had a wiki at him: Career politician:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Juncker

Surely Cameron and George have come early here?

What can possibly trump the armageddon they have already painted, still with a month to go?

First born seized at the hospitals?

They run the risk of ridicule even from the BBC if they keep this up til June 23rd.

I notice that the IMF will be able to continue the scaremongering as we enter purdah.

Aaaaaand i've probably just answered my own question.....

I agree with this- the Euro itself was a massive error and the blowback from it's demise will reach our shores in the form of an influx of economic migrants not only from the periphery of the EU but the centre as well. The only plan in place to contain this problem is the scheme of Herr Schäuble to impose a Greek style 'restuctuing' programme on Portugal, Spain, Italy and eventually France- good luck with that. :lol:

That term 'restructuing' looks innocent enough but in practice the people being 'restructued' are inevitably the ordinary citizens whose incomes and rights have become redifined as unaffordable luxuries- no one ever makes the mistake of reading the term 'restructuring' to include a radical overhaul of the Tax system to prevent the kinds of things we see happening in Panama- that would be far too radical and would send the pain in entirely the wrong direction- upwards.

Like all Elite solutions to the onging mess they have created the adjustment is inevitably to be made at the expense of the little guy for the benefit of the crony capitalist/government nexus that rules the roost.

I disagree.

the concept of the euro is quite a nice idea.

it has just been handled very,very badly by meddlesome micromanaging meglomaniacs who hijacked it.

they thought themselves above the little people,which is why we must sign the divorce papers.

not happy about it really,but needs to be done.

in the same sort of way as a spouse has to get a court injunction against a partner who engages in (mostly psychological) bullying and domestic abuse.