House Price Crash Forum
quine

Can I Tell An Ea To Stop Sending Junk Through My Letterbox?

I'm inundated with flyers but for some reason (?!) the EA ones are amongst the most annoying. They are not addressed just shoved through letterbox. Sending them back with a note scribbled over them telling them not to send me any more isn't working.

Do we have any rights in this respect?

You can put up a notice. They can respect or ignore it.

I think you could apply to a court for an injunction against an offender. Couldn't tell you details.

My present place reduces (but doesn't eliminate) the nuisance by putting a physical barrier in place. Anyone wanting to deliver junk to my house or others on this road have to come up fortysomething steps. By the time they've done all of us they've got fit! I once saw something left under the lid of the green recycling bin at the bottom of the steps: it was the TV licensing "we visited you today" note: evidently they didn't fancy the steps and had considerately left it in the right place to dispose of it.

You can put up a notice. They can respect or ignore it.

Ha ha we are talking about Estate Agents here...

I'm inundated with flyers but for some reason (?!) the EA ones are amongst the most annoying. They are not addressed just shoved through letterbox. Sending them back with a note scribbled over them telling them not to send me any more isn't working.

I don't know why the fuss?

Friend of mine, in his ongoing efforts to emulate 'The Good Life', now successfully converts all the paper from the junk mail coming through his letterbox into free solid fuel briquettes for his wood burning stove. Heats a sizeable portion of his house with the stuff!

Legally, No.

You could post it back, without a stamp.

That's what I do just now. Save all the junk in a big brown envelope and when it's full enough I send back the lot to a lucky recipient (sans stamp)

I suppose the ultimate way to get your revenge would be to get them to come out and value your house, instruct them to market it at a stupid price let them go to all the trouble and expense of advertising it, then as soon as your tie in petiod ends pull it off the market.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe I'm not the first to think of this and thats why there are so many kite flyers out there...

Why stress about it, just write the address of this website clearly on the front in marker pen and leave them lying around, on the bus, in the library etc.