House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
otters

Now I Can Imagine This Sort Of Thing In London

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54074176.html,

But not in a the outskirts of the Weymouth sprawl.

Wyke is not unpleasant, but neither is it exciting.

It has very little to offer in amenities, in fact nothing. The asking prices all around here have been going up to silly levels, but this takes the biscuit.

Frankly! I wouldn't pay half of that asking price in bent washers for it.

advertised as two bedrooms...but can see three in the picture. Third one is in the loft, but we arent allowed to describe it as a bedroom as probably the loft conversion is sub-standard..so it is described as storage and "nice views". But make sure you can see a bed in the photo, so the savvy investor can join the dots.

The loft bedroom might be only accessed from another bedroom, so that means there is no fire escape.

I leaned that from HUTH.

So you can't rent it out innit.

Looking at it again it may be a garage conversion. It seems to have been squashed in between two houses.

However, it does say it is a one hundred and eighty year old cottage.

Dining table next to the stairs. Open the front door and flop straight onto the sofa, handy.

Then the bit that says "large garden" the photo from upstairs gives the impression of a lawn I may be wrong, but I would wager that it belongs to the house next door, and all this house has is a courtyard, and a bit of scrub land, beyond the outbuilding

Mind you picture 2 and 3 give a good shot of twigs in a vase, so I suppose it will go for more than the asking price.

Personally I've not got a problem with the size of that place at all, in fact the small house-large garden combo is pretty much my dream home!

The price, however, is utterly insane, round it down to an even £100k and I'd be interested.

It is actually quite a nice little house, if you want a little house. A shame about the red brick thing stuck on the side of it.

Sold for £170,000 two years ago I see.

The house next door on the left seems to be sold quite often:

91 High Street, Wyke Regis, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 9NX
£140,000 Terraced, Freehold 29 May 2009
£163,000 Terraced, Freehold 16 Nov 2007
£153,000 Terraced, Freehold 20 Dec 2006
£135,000 Terraced, Freehold 24 Jan 2005
£113,000 Terraced, Freehold 20 Mar 2003
£87,000 Terraced, Freehold 07 Dec 2001
£45,000 Terraced, Freehold 30 Jul 1999

Size may not be an issue to some, but in my mind not really a family home, going just the extra 10k will get you a lot more.

Like most of the UK Weymouth is over priced, but in the last 8 months asking prices have shot up to silly levels.

Two houses opposite me and one a few doors down the road were on the market for 2 years, that I know of, and not sold.

All three were taken off rightmove about a year ago, only to be re-advertised with a few weeks with 20/25k price increases. By January of this year all three had completed, madness.

Personally I've not got a problem with the size of that place at all, in fact the small house-large garden combo is pretty much my dream home!

The price, however, is utterly insane, round it down to an even £100k and I'd be interested.

Make an offer.

It doesnt have a large garden - that looks to be next doors.