House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Idiocracy

There have always been vast numbers of halfwits knocking about; Facebook and Twitter have given them voice and media prominence.

I "Like" and "Share" because it takes much less mental exertion than formulating a comment.

Candace Payne, a mother of two from Texas, filmed herself trying on a Chewbacca mask and became the highest viewed video on new Facebook Live video platform ever (with 40 million views).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36344920

How did it come to this?

There have always been vast numbers of halfwits knocking about; Facebook and Twitter have given them voice and media prominence.

Agreed. The question to ask is how did we come to the point that such nonsense makes it into the MSM?

Especially the BBC, are they not ashamed to publish such non-news?

No wonder nobody takes journalists seriously anymore...

Come on you miserable lot, she's happy, she's laughing, I laughed with her. Nobody died.

It is not however news.

I've watched more episodes of You've Been Framed than I would care to admit; it's funny and I laugh.

I do not expect to read about the clips in the news section of the next day's paper.

I wonder how long she had had the mask ? They say people often get to look like their pets

It is topical news though, there are new regulations on chewbacca, plain packs, dire warnings on the packs, no less than 20 in a pack.

I think this is a natural consequences of media pushers using "most popular" lists. They form positive feedback loops so a completely mundane item can more-or-less randomly get a wholly disproportionate view count.

The BBC picks up on it and reports it because the BBC is desperate to be cool and hip with the kids. That's a separate problem.

More examples of the BBC becoming closer to the Daily Heil copycat meme mash up mind f-kc

I remember something by Baudrillard, talking about a "hall of mirrors" effect between punter & media.

I think it was originally talking about advertisers trying to give punters what they thought they wanted <While punters trying to tell them what they thought they wanted , hence a hall of mirrors