House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Why Are Toilet Bowls So Low?

I don't think that toilet bowls have kept up with the growing population. Why are they so low? They are far too low for tall people with long legs?

When I was in hospital earlier this year many of the toilet bowls were raised up about a foot on steps - which is apprently to make it easier for infirm or frail elderly people to sit down and get up from. Why aren't toilet bowls this height as a standard?

Thinking about it, with so many obese people in the UK nowadays, why aren't toilet bowls also wider/fatter to better accomodate overweight people?

I don't think that toilet bowls have kept up with the growing population. Why are they so low? They are far too low for tall people with long legs?

When I was in hospital earlier this year many of the toilet bowls were raised up about a foot on steps - which is apprently to make it easier for infirm or frail elderly people to sit down and get up from. Why aren't toilet bowls this height as a standard?

Thinking about it, with so many obese people in the UK nowadays, why aren't toilet bowls also wider/fatter to better accomodate overweight people?

i'm inclined to agree.

I'm not particularly overweight, but one pet hate about bogs is where on some seats the "ring" diameter is too small to sit comfortably on, squishing your cheeks together and not leaving enough clearance for "droppage"

I remember in the olden days toilets were much taller. Clearly they've got shorter over the years.

Then again, I am taller than I used to be...

When I was in infants' school the boys urinals was a long wall painted with what looked like blackboard paint or black emulsion. We were only 6 or 7 years old but we point our willies up and wee way, way above our heads against the wall.

Don't realise the joy of it until it is gone and it is too late.

Toilet bowls are very low in the middle east. :huh:

When I was in infants' school the boys urinals was a long wall painted with what looked like blackboard paint or black emulsion. We were only 6 or 7 years old but we point our willies up and wee way, way above our heads against the wall.

Paint a wall in your house black and re-live your youth.

Maybe get a fan or something to help if you can't make above your head any longer...

Like white dog turds - another bit of Old England gone...

Like white dog turds - another bit of Old England gone...

They used to freak me out. The thought of them still does. What the heck were they feeding dogs in those days - neat calcium?

They used to freak me out. The thought of them still does. What the heck were they feeding dogs in those days - neat calcium?

I too remember the "white dog turd" era.

The largest un-flushed turd I have ever seen was in a disabled bog in Sunderland.

This was a simply awesome brown-trout in both length and diameter - the passing of which would've hospitalised me.

Don't know what the disability of the person who deposited this magnificent bum-cigar was - but their àrsehole was certainly firing on all cylinders...!

XYY

Once again we are amused by magnificent feats of defacation. The wife of one of my friends layed a log so momentous, I had to break it up with a coat hanger, before the flush would work.

Being on hpc, I'm sure you would have washed it and hung your shirt back on it. (the coat hanger)

Hung her coat on it. ^_^

Bones. People don't get bones from the butcher's very often anymore.

Anyway, +1 for the weeing. You may have been at my school. The toilet block was outside. The brick walls were painted with a shiney paint but I think it was a brown rust in our case. If you flicked your willy up as well as exerting the bladder pressure that only a seven year old can, one could actually hit the ceiling I vaguely recall (as though it were yesterday). The place smelled vile and I couldn't understand why.

Ours didn't smell vile as they filled it with those white circles of solid disinfectant. The janitor was very good. Nice guy. But it was outside and we had to run through the rain to get there.

I always thought those unroofed urinals out the back of pubs were a good idea; self-cleaning when it rained.

You don't see many anymore, last I recall was behind The Cambridge Blue, Cambridge. Which also backed onto a graveyard.

Disabled toilets are taller than normal ones.

I think it's part M of the building regs.

It's a bu66er if you're small and disabled!!

I always thought those unroofed urinals out the back of pubs were a good idea; self-cleaning when it rained.

You don't see many anymore, last I recall was behind The Cambridge Blue, Cambridge. Which also backed onto a graveyard.

There was one near the St.George fountain in Bristol. Just hidden behind a wall. Very handy on the way back from the pub. I believe it has now been demolished, and is now luxury appartments.