House Price Crash Forum

I Am A Total Failure At:

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

Tying knots.

I have been taught this at school, scouts, cadets, I even have a book on it.

Try as I might the only knots I can do without the instructions in front of me are granny, reef, and bow.

The number of times I thought I had the sheepshank having memorised the script ("The rabbit comes out of his hole, goes round etc.") but no chance; it always collapsed to a granny knot when I pulled the ends.

Time to confess your utter utter failings!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

This could be quite a long list for me, but the main one is probably confidence. When I do something well I feel good about myself, but it wears off very quickly and I'm lacking in confidence again.

Ooh, I was trying to keep it light. Things like making rubbish cups of tea.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

All aboard the HMS Inflatable then. No ropes, just a puncture repair it! You used to have to learn knots in the old days.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Cutting things straight. No matter how carefully I measure everything none of the pieces ever seem to fit together neatly and squarely afterwards.

Carpentry for you then.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Kinbaku is a Japanese style of bondage or BDSM which involves tying up the bottom using simple yet visually intricate patterns, usually with several pieces of thin rope. The word shibari came into common use in the West at some point in the 1990s to describe the bondage art Kinbaku. Shibari is a Japanese word that literally means "to tie" or "to bind".

Either of those should inspire you to learn how to knot.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Kinbaku is a Japanese style of bondage or BDSM which involves tying up the bottom using simple yet visually intricate patterns, usually with several pieces of thin rope. The word shibari came into common use in the West at some point in the 1990s to describe the bondage art Kinbaku. Shibari is a Japanese word that literally means "to tie" or "to bind".

Either of those should inspire you to learn how to knot.

I'm terrible at being perverted. That is my failure. The Japanese have catchy words for everything. :o

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

So you meant "Inconsequential things I am a total failure at" ? Add "thread titling" to your list.

There are too many threads starting with "Inconsequential things" already, I am not a near-total failure at avoiding repetition.

Archived